49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 425 users in the forums

Opinion on Manny Lawson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,386
It seems that a lightbulb may have gone off in Manny's head on how to pash rush. I will be interested to see if his improved pash rush continues over the final 4 games. If so, then we know that we have one of our OLB. Regardless, I think we will still need to draft an OLB this draft.
Originally posted by jta854:
Manny had his best game of the year. Brooks played well today also. Those two looked like the best two OLB on the team today.

I agree. It looks like he just needed some motivation. The talent has always been there. He looked very good rushing the passer this week. Let's hope it continues.
That's my boy!

"LB MANNY LAWSON- Lawson ranks 4th in the NFC among LBs with 5.5 sacks, while his 3 FFs rank tied for 2nd in the NFC among LBs."

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/12/16/pro-bowl-update-week-15/



  • TJA85
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,623
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Put a stud pass rusher on the other side and he becomes a probowler IMHO. Parys sucks.

And yet, Parys had 8 sacks last season.

More than half his sacks were coverage sacks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,147
He got some coverage sacks but overall he still sucks as a pass rusher.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Put a stud pass rusher on the other side and he becomes a probowler IMHO. Parys sucks.

And yet, Parys had 8 sacks last season.

More than half his sacks were coverage sacks.

Can you back that statement up with some facts or detailed analysis?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That's my boy!

"LB MANNY LAWSON- Lawson ranks 4th in the NFC among LBs with 5.5 sacks, while his 3 FFs rank tied for 2nd in the NFC among LBs."

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/12/16/pro-bowl-update-week-15/




Glad to see Manny playing better.
I think the new rotation with Brooks will help Manny and the defense overall. Having Lawson come off the field on passing downs should help keep him fresh through out games.
Originally posted by susweel:
He got some coverage sacks but overall he still sucks as a pass rusher.


your right! I agree with you this..
I love Manny, but he needs to be let go or traded at this point.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I love Manny, but he needs to be let go or traded at this point.

I don't agree because we need to permantly put him as the strong side backer. He's very good against the run and plays smart. He does too many things good similar to a mike vrabel type.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I love Manny, but he needs to be let go or traded at this point.

manny's a good player. why would we let him go ?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I love Manny, but he needs to be let go or traded at this point.

manny's a good player. why would we let him go ?

because madden says there's someone better in the fa market?
He was drafted in the 1st round. Everyone here has to at least be a little dissapointed in what he has become.

I hope it ends up being that he just hasn't healed from his injury yet, because there isn't a lot of explosiveness to his game right now. But there hasn't been a time where Lawson has been a consistently explosive/dynamic player.

Maybe he'll never become the player we thought he could be. And we have to deal with the fact that he is a 1st round bust.

It could be worse! I have a cousin who's a Falcons fan, who whines to me about how the Falcons picked Jamaal Anderson over Patrick Willis in the 07 draft! The same goes for the Dolphins with Ted Ginn Jr.!!!

[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Dec 17, 2009 at 00:49:53 ]
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
He was drafted in the 1st round. Everyone here has to at least be a little dissapointed in what he has become.

I hope it ends up being that he just hasn't healed from his injury yet, because there isn't a lot of explosiveness to his game right now. But there hasn't been a time where Lawson has been a consistently explosive/dynamic player.

Maybe he'll never become the player we thought he could be. And we have to deal with the fact that he is a 1st round bust.

It could be worse! I have a cousin who's a Falcons fan, who whines to me about how the Falcons picked Jamaal Anderson over Patrick Willis in the 07 draft! The same goes for the Dolphins with Ted Ginn Jr.!!!


Remember his FF sack in the Seattle game? That was an explosive play.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone