LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Opinion on Manny Lawson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Manny Lawson records 1 tackle and 1 assist the entire game and we are acting like he was a monster.

I repeat, 1 tackle and 1 assist and let me include a dropped INT. Also, did you read the Matt M. article that said Brooks was coming in on 3rd downs.

If Brooks keeps developing, Lawson or Haralson will be phased out.
Here you go! Smith was not credited with the sack that ended the game in AZ where he caused a fumble. He was credited with a FF.

Smith not credited with 2 sacks against AZ
Originally posted by backontop:
Here you go! Smith was not credited with the sack that ended the game in AZ where he caused a fumble. He was credited with a FF.

you fail backontop

what i posted earlier is the play that ended the game the sack and FF
here it is again for you since you did not read it the first time

Arizona Cardinals at 0:43 SFO ARI
1st and 10 at ARI 12 (Shotgun) K.Warner pass short left to T.Hightower to ARZ 21 for 9 yards (P.Willis).
2nd and 1 at ARI 21 (No Huddle) K.Warner spiked the ball to stop the clock.
3rd and 1 at ARI 21 (Shotgun) K.Warner pass deep left to L.Fitzgerald to ARZ 46 for 25 yards (P.Willis).
1st and 10 at ARI 46 (No Huddle) K.Warner spiked the ball to stop the clock.
2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) K.Warner sacked at ARZ 33 for -13 yards (J.Smith). FUMBLES (J.Smith), ball out of bounds at ARZ 28.
End of Game
Originally posted by valrod33:

you fail backontop

1st and 10 at ARI 12 (Shotgun) K.Warner pass short left to T.Hightower to ARZ 21 for 9 yards (P.Willis).
3rd and 1 at ARI 21 (Shotgun) K.Warner pass deep left to L.Fitzgerald to ARZ 46 for 25 yards (P.Willis).
2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) K.Warner sacked at ARZ 33 for -13 yards (J.Smith). FUMBLES (J.Smith), ball out of bounds at ARZ 28.
End of Game

sorry there big guy but that is just the play by play breakdown of the game from espn. Look at the OFFICIAL stats.

Looks like you and Joecool might be one in the same because you both are full of fail
  • pd24
  • Veteran

you fail backontop

End of Game

sorry there big guy but that is just the play by play breakdown of the game from espn. Look at the OFFICIAL stats.

Looks like you and Joecool might be one in the same because you both are full of fail

If you read through the link you posted, you would have read this:
On that one play, Warner tried to hand off to Wells but Benie went the wrong way, so Warner tried to run, and it was for a loss. Thus that play was ruled as a run, not QB sack. Unfortunately. I would have preferred a sack, too.

EDIT: And I'm not referring to the last play on D. This was earlier in the game, when Benie would have had his 1st NFL carry but blew the direction.
Originally posted by pd24:

you fail backontop

End of Game

If you read through the link you posted, you would have read this:
On that one play, Warner tried to hand off to Wells but Benie went the wrong way, so Warner tried to run, and it was for a loss. Thus that play was ruled as a run, not QB sack. Unfortunately. I would have preferred a sack, too.

EDIT: And I'm not referring to the last play on D. This was earlier in the game, when Benie would have had his 1st NFL carry but blew the direction.

that would require reading through the thread. I just found it

you fail backontop

End of Game

NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091309/2009/REG1/49ers@cardinals#tab:watch

click on the last red bar on the drive chart it says kurt warner sacked by justin smith

you keep failing dude

you fail backontop

End of Game

NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091309/2009/REG1/49ers@cardinals#tab:watch

click on the last red bar on the drive chart it says kurt warner sacked by justin smith

you keep failing dude

Apparently the play that I was mistaken on was the nonsack that he had earlier in that game. So you sir are correct.
Manny had his best game of the year. Brooks played well today also. Those two looked like the best two OLB on the team today.
Originally posted by jta854:
Manny had his best game of the year. Brooks played well today also. Those two looked like the best two OLB on the team today.

Put a stud pass rusher on the other side and he becomes a probowler IMHO. Parys sucks.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Put a stud pass rusher on the other side and he becomes a probowler IMHO. Parys sucks.

co-signed. Our secondary is worse than our LB corps though.
Originally posted by kstolai:

And yet, Parys had 8 sacks last season.
Manny has had 1 sack in each of the last three games. Maybe having Manny come off the bench is best?

#99 Manny Lawson - 49ers.com
Manny is a very solid player. He makes some phenominal plays. How many times has the guy blocked a field goal or made a great tackle? He gets good pressure, but is not the sack master we wanted.

IMO, Manny should be ranked first OLB. Brooks looks better to me than Haralson, but its hard to tell, because he isn't in enough.

How many more tackles does Haralson have to have before the coaching staff reconginzes he is what we thought he was a 5th round talent? The guy is a liability in the run game and clearly is worthless as a full time passrusher....very very sad.

However, if the coaching staff is intent on hold on to Haralson over Manny I hope we trade him for a 2 or 3 round pick (which would be a steal for the other team).
Share 49ersWebzone