LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Opinion on Manny Lawson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Ahmad Brooks replaces Manny Lawson as one of the team's pass rushers in nickel situations. Brooks had a quarterback hurry in the game, but Lawson came through with a sack. It was one of six sacks for the 49ers. Justin Smith and Parys Haralson recorded 1.5 sacks apiece, while Takeo Spikes had one sack, and Patrick Willis and Demetric Evans had a half-sack apiece."

From Matt M.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
"Ahmad Brooks replaces Manny Lawson as one of the team's pass rushers in nickel situations. Brooks had a quarterback hurry in the game, but Lawson came through with a sack. It was one of six sacks for the 49ers. Justin Smith and Parys Haralson recorded 1.5 sacks apiece, while Takeo Spikes had one sack, and Patrick Willis and Demetric Evans had a half-sack apiece."

From Matt M.

Evans played??? i forgot he was on the team...
Originally posted by modninerfan:

From Matt M.

Evans played??? i forgot he was on the team...

that makes two of us. I thought he was on IR for some reason.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:
You gotta be kidding me. Manny Lawson getting a sack in a game inwhich we sacked their QB 6 times in one half is like Mark Roman getting a pick in a 5 INT game: if they don't join the party then there is something seriously wrong with them.

i dunno but it seemed like he was one of the first to get that sack party going. he also had that huge strip that stopped them in the red zone if i recall (or was that haralson)

He has had 4 sacks in the last 6 games.
You gotta be kidding me. Manny Lawson getting a sack in a game inwhich we sacked their QB 6 times in one half is like Mark Roman getting a pick in a 5 INT game: if they don't join the party then there is something seriously wrong with them.

i dunno but it seemed like he was one of the first to get that sack party going. he also had that huge strip that stopped them in the red zone if i recall (or was that haralson)

that strip of the ball was Lawson and that was his sack
Originally posted by valrod33:

if he was credited a sack it had to be on a different play. If not than J. Smith should have 1 more sack credited to him.
Originally posted by backontop:

if he was credited a sack it had to be on a different play. If not than J. Smith should have 1 more sack credited to him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=291129025&period=3
2nd and 12 at SF 17 (Shotgun) D.Garrard sacked at SF 24 for -7 yards (M.Lawson). FUMBLES (M.Lawson) [M.Lawson], RECOVERED by SF-J.Smith at SF 27. J.Smith to SF 27 for no gain (E.Britton). D.Garrard charged with sack for -10 yards.

Justin Smith had 1.5 half sacks

2nd and 12 at SF 17 (Shotgun) D.Garrard sacked at SF 24 for -7 yards (M.Lawson). FUMBLES (M.Lawson) [M.Lawson], RECOVERED by SF-J.Smith at SF 27. J.Smith to SF 27 for no gain (E.Britton). D.Garrard charged with sack for -10 yards.

The J. Smith sack I was talking about was against AZ where he forced a fumble and was not credited a sack because he just forced a fumble.

The J. Smith sack I was talking about was against AZ where he forced a fumble and was not credited a sack because he just forced a fumble.

yes he was credited with a sack
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=290913022&period=4
2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) K.Warner sacked at ARZ 33 for -13 yards (J.Smith). FUMBLES (J.Smith), ball out of bounds at ARZ 28.
no

Originally posted by King49er:
no

Very profound.

2nd and 10 at ARI 46 (Shotgun) K.Warner sacked at ARZ 33 for -13 yards (J.Smith). FUMBLES (J.Smith), ball out of bounds at ARZ 28.

Did you ever look at the stats after that game?? Smith should have had 2 sacks I believe and was only credited 1.

Did you ever look at the stats after that game?? Smith should have had 2 sacks I believe and was only credited 1.

what other play should have been a sack for him, i dont know what play you are talking about
  • pd24
  • Veteran

No. All teams look at film the next day and any calls as far as missed stats are brought to the attention of the NFL. The NFL usually fixes the problem. You don't have any sources or evidence backing up what you are saying.
Originally posted by pd24:

No. All teams look at film the next day and any calls as far as missed stats are brought to the attention of the NFL. The NFL usually fixes the problem. You don't have any sources or evidence backing up what you are saying.

There was a topic about this after the game and that stats came out. Let me do some digging and see if I can find it.
Share 49ersWebzone