LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Opinion on Manny Lawson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Excellent speed. AWESOME run defender!!! Can't pass rush, which is sad because that was why we drafted him. Can cover TE's but has not done so this year (evident of all the TEs torching our D). Don't know why bc he's big enough to be physical at the line and run with them.
I think lawson is much better than the version of him we saw last year, still needs some improvement.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Excellent speed. AWESOME run defender!!! Can't pass rush, which is sad because that was why we drafted him. Can cover TE's but has not done so this year (evident of all the TEs torching our D). Don't know why bc he's big enough to be physical at the line and run with them.

he isn't a great pass rusher but he is effective. I have watched him force the QB to step up in the pocket because he is getting pressure. Now if some of the inside DLineman can get some pressure then Manny will pretty much force the QB right into their arms. Love at first sight
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh...

my...

god...

Manny is only 4 years in.

He's ALWAYS around the play.

WTF do you guys want? Perfection? Good friggin luck with that.

A bust is Reggie McGrew. Not Manny Lawson. He had one of THE worst injuries to come back from. Look how long it took Julian Peterson to come back from HIS injury. And Manny is making solid strides. Hell I believe that the man is playing better than Harylson right now.

You guys questioning his performance have officially lost your f'n marbles.

If this offends anyone so be it, I just finished up a heated argument with my retarded brother so you're lucky it's this toned down.

I'm fed up with a lot of crap right now and this is just icing on the cake at the moment.

~Ceadder

Only 4 years in? One more year and he will be at the apex of his career in terms of years. Manny does a lot of things well but his speed was a mirage. He's fast alright...200 meter sprinting fast.

Only wish he was quick.

I think we can use his speed to sucker Al Davin into a nice trade for Seymore.

Defense is a TEAM unit. Just like the Offense if one part is not playing well then the rest of the machine breaks down.

BUT...

It's also affected by length of use. Like my xBox. If I kept the damn thing on 24/7 I would have had it for 3 months before it goes tits up. Just like the Defense has had a could bad games because the Offense couldn't sustain a drive to give them a rest.

This affects the ENTIRE unit. Franklin stated that he got to the 10 yard line and by that time he was looking to dump the ball off to someone else. That's TEN FREAKIN YARDS, nothing more. Imagine if that INT happened in the Houston or Atlanta games. He wouldn't have gotten TWO before wanting to dump it.

Gotta say though Manny nearly caught up to Forte in the last game from across the field. Only one player on that Defense is faster than Manny and he didn't come close to catching Forte. So should we be looking to trade Bam Bam as well or you think that he's okay where he's at? Certainly wasn't worthy of that high pick was he? I mean if Manny almost caught up to him and all maybe Bam Bam is the guy to trade here not Manny.

See how ridiculous that sounds now?

~Ceadder
Manny catches up to a lot of people, just not the one we need him to. Even with a NT playing top level and a very good DE in Smith. Fact: the weakness of this D is the pass rush, therefore Manny an Haralson are this weakness.
Would like to see all our OLBs have a big game next weekend.
The theory these past 4 years of the reason why we don't have a pass rusher is because we have no NT can officially be thrown out the window. I never believed in this theory because we have always been solid against the run, which means our NT was doing his job. Now, we have two of the top 10 defensive linemen in the league and still no pass rush.

A good pass rusher will always get to the QB no matter where he plays. Hmm, see ball, go get ball.

Unfortunately, Parys and Manny are not pass rushers.
The theory these past 4 years of the reason why we don't have a pass rusher is because we have no NT can officially be thrown out the window. I never believed in this theory because we have always been solid against the run, which means our NT was doing his job. Now, we have two of the top 10 defensive linemen in the league and still no pass rush.

A good pass rusher will always get to the QB no matter where he plays. Hmm, see ball, go get ball.

I am not arguing with you, but there is no way we have 2 of the top 10 DL's in the league
Originally posted by danimal:

I am not arguing with you, but there is no way we have 2 of the top 10 DL's in the league

I mean in terms of the way they are playing right now.

can you please name your top 10 DL please. that includes both DE and DT

Originally posted by danimal:

I mean in terms of the way they are playing right now.

OK, that is plausible.

Anyhow, I think you are right, this does pretty much prove our outside guys would not be effective pass rushers in any situation.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Giants have a great DL. Osi and Tuck are beasts. But now we're talking 4-3. Pittsburgh is pretty stout for 3-4. Front seven wise we're up there. Our D-Line is playing better than I've seen it in a while mostly because of Franklin and Smith. Soap has his moments.
Manny just like Alex is on the scope for the rest of the year. We drafted him to get sacks not just hurries or pressures. Hoping Parys to be a sack master was reaching.
I hope Manny has a strong second half of season!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Giants have a great DL. Osi and Tuck are beasts. But now we're talking 4-3. Pittsburgh is pretty stout for 3-4. Front seven wise we're up there. Our D-Line is playing better than I've seen it in a while mostly because of Franklin and Smith. Soap has his moments.

Franklin is in the probowl talks and we know Justin Smith is regarded high in the NFL. Either way, our defensive line has been very stout against the run, which points directly to our line. The run is the main reason the NT is important on a 3-4 team. Besides that, you want LBs who are DE hybrids that can rush the passer and that is what we lack.
Share 49ersWebzone