There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Opinion on Manny Lawson

• 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Even though the draft is months away, and free agency right around the corner, we need pass rusher for next year no matter what. There are few mock drafts that have us taking an OLB to replace Manny Lawson. Some people think that he is a bust, but I don't think so. Sure he shouldn't of been drafted in the 1st rounder but he is a quality player.
He's not a bust but Parys is better.
He's coming off of an ACL injury which takes a year or 2 to fully recover from, he has good speed to cover TE's and RB's out of the back field and with another year under his belt i think he'll be fine.
Jesus, he's not a bust, he's one of our best defensive players! He's not a great pass rusher, but he's damn good in coverage!

GAH! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
yeah, he's run down some amazing plays...had his first interception this year, and I thought played pretty well in the time he was given. I think if we had better edge rushers it would make him more dangerous...but, when we have willis, and smith, it does't give the defense a whole lot of options to focus on...so lawson is easily stopped
Man where did all the Manny Lawson threads come from?
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I don't think he's a bust, I just think he wasn't put in position to succeed in Nolan's Big Sub Bull s**t scheme. That scheme basically kept our best players from producing and instead everyone just dropping back letting QBs dink and dunk.

Meh, I don't know too much about schemes and all that, but it doesn't take an expert to know that Lawson is one of our best defensive players coverage wise, but not that spectacular as a pass rusher (although I am reserving my opinion on him as a pass rusher till the end of NEXT season because of the ACL injury, it takes a while to get back to 100% from that.) Keep in mind he did produce 3 sacks in a year coming back from the ACL injury and limited time on the field. I don't know how much that counts for but I personally have no problem with Lawson starting for us as an OLB.

Fini.
I'd absolutely like to give him another year coming back from the ACL before even thinking about pulling him from the starting lineup. I still like manny, and I haven't forgotten how great he looked in the preseason and the brief amount of time he played before he tore his acl in his second year. I think we saw some flashes of that this year.
Originally posted by Apples:
Jesus, he's not a bust, he's one of our best defensive players! He's not a great pass rusher, but he's damn good in coverage!

GAH! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

Seriously!
the dude makes plays.
Wouldn't the OLB be replacing Haralson?
Originally posted by Smith2Davis:
He's not a bust but Parys is better.

Parys is better at what??

I love both of these guys but Manny can rush the QB,cover RB's,TE's,and even some WR's(remember the int against STL covering Bruce?)make int's,block a FG and has more speed and range.

Parys make look like a better pass rusher(8 sacks) vs Manny(3 sacks) but that is by design because Manny is expected to more often than not cover those TE's,RB's,etc.Parys cannot cover like Manny can.

With that being said I hope P.Haralson will record double digit sacks next year playing/starting a full season(he has the potential) and Manny will be fully recovered and continue to play at a high level.

I truly believe these two can become Pro bowlers.

And for those who say Manny Lawson is bust after playing in only 32 games,starting 24(and being productive in those games) really shows their lack of insight and knowledge of the game of football
Originally posted by 49ersNorcal:
Even though the draft is months away, and free agency right around the corner, we need pass rusher for next year no matter what. There are few mock drafts that have us taking an OLB to replace Manny Lawson. Some people think that he is a bust, but I don't think so. Sure he shouldn't of been drafted in the 1st rounder but he is a quality player.

Who said Manny will or would be replaced?

-bad move
I've said it from day one.

Lawson is an absolute freak of nature.

A GREAT PICK IMO.

His raw athleticism makes him an asset in any position.

Once again, as I like to point out in threads like these.....

LAWSON
- Height: 6-5 Weight: 240 Age: 24

Born: 7/3/1984 Goldsboro , NC

College: North Carolina State

Experience: 3rd season

3 sacks 45 tackles this season

Julian Peterson

Height: 6-3 Weight: 240 Age: 30

Born: 7/28/1978 Hillcrest Heights , MD

College: Michigan State

Experience: 9th season

High School: Crossland HS [Temple Hills, MD]

5 sacks 80 tackles........no blocked field goals
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I've said it from day one.

Lawson is an absolute freak of nature.

A GREAT PICK IMO.

His raw athleticism makes him an asset in any position.

Once again, as I like to point out in threads like these.....

LAWSON
- Height: 6-5 Weight: 240 Age: 24

Born: 7/3/1984 Goldsboro , NC

College: North Carolina State

Experience: 3rd season

3 sacks 45 tackles this season

Julian Peterson

Height: 6-3 Weight: 240 Age: 30

Born: 7/28/1978 Hillcrest Heights , MD

College: Michigan State

Experience: 9th season

High School: Crossland HS [Temple Hills, MD]

5 sacks 80 tackles........no blocked field goals

Don't forget Manny ran a 4.41 and 4.42 back to back.