There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Santa Clara stadium deadline Feb. 1

• mayo49
  • Veteran
The City Council will be meeting on that date to decide whether to procede with the stadium. Just to keep you informed.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 9, 2009 at 12:13:55 ]
Sweet, Thanks
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Just to be clear: This is a deadline for the financing plan; not the final decision on the stadium. If the financing deal is approved, the stadium measure can then go to a public vote.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lifer:
Just to be clear: This is a deadline for the financing plan; not the final decision on the stadium. If the financing deal is approved, the stadium measure can then go to a public vote.

That is correct.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
This whole situation makes me sad.
I was watching LA Ink last night, I know, ghey right? Anyway, the chick was tattooing some dude who designs pro stadiums. While he was getting tattoo'd, chatting it up, he mentioned that he was in the process of designing an "NFL Stadium for Los Angeles". Hmmmmmmmmmm
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I was watching LA Ink last night, I know, ghey right? Anyway, the chick was tattooing some dude who designs pro stadiums. While he was getting tattoo'd, chatting it up, he mentioned that he was in the process of designing an "NFL Stadium for Los Angeles". Hmmmmmmmmmm

Man, I hope that's for the LA Vikings, and not the LA 49ers.

Not selling out playoff games is a pretty bad sign for them. But I still worry about losing our team to LA.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Not selling out playoff games is a pretty bad sign for them. But I still worry about losing our team to LA.

Naw, I be the Raiders move back. If not, I hope it's an NFC west team, maybe the Rams.

although the LA niners just doenst sound right, i wouldnt mind it too much, i live in LA and can go to all the home games. Plus, LA is a better market and the niners would get alot more attention.

Let the bashing begin lololol

Naw, I be the Raiders move back. If not, I hope it's an NFC west team, maybe the Rams.

I dont know if I would like them to come to LA. One, it would bring my most hated franchise to my area. but then again, I would be able to go to a niner's game every year without having to drive to San Fran.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
The 49ers are not going to LA. If the Santa Clara deal stalls, there's a $1.4B financing plan in place to develop Hunter's Point. Carmen Policy helped orchestrate this deal and Lennar is on board and committed. The toxic cleanup is approved and funded. The 49ers are being offered a clean construction pad, ready to build, with parking, plus $100M towards their construction costs. It's a good deal and all the 9ers have to do is say yes. My guess is that the 9ers will pursue the SC deal to its logical conclusion. If the city balks, or the voters shoot it down (both very real possibilities in this economy) the 9ers will simply go back to SF where a deal is ready and waiting for them. I doubt they'll have a stadium by 2012, but there's little doubt they'll get a stadium in the Bay Area eventually.

Carmen Policy did an interview with Tim Kawakami back in October. Read the whole thing. Regardless of what you might think of TK, Policy is a smart man and he knows whereof he speaks.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/10/23/carmen-policy-on-the-new-sf-stadium-financing-package-jed-york-and-the-future-of-the-49ers/
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

I dont know if I would like them to come to LA. One, it would bring my most hated franchise to my area. but then again, I would be able to go to a niner's game every year without having to drive to San Fran.

That's why I would want them back. Just so I could see a game in LA once a year.
It would be a great infrastructure and job creation opportunity for the County.

We are in a recession and this will help ALOT!
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

although the LA niners just doenst sound right, i wouldnt mind it too much, i live in LA and can go to all the home games. Plus, LA is a better market and the niners would get alot more attention.

lol no its not....LA sucks. thats why they havent had a team. theres way too much crap to do down there. people dont give a crap about sports. the Rams and Raiders had to move because the fanbase sucked.

LA, as big as it is, cant support an NFL team. the NFL is going to force one there anyways, but the 49ers are much better off up here. the ENTIRE bay area, which is about 6 million people, loves them.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

lol no its not....LA sucks. thats why they havent had a team. theres way too much crap to do down there. people dont give a crap about sports. the Rams and Raiders had to move because the fanbase sucked.

LA, as big as it is, cant support an NFL team. the NFL is going to force one there anyways, but the 49ers are much better off up here. the ENTIRE bay area, which is about 6 million people, loves them.

I wish this were true but every time i see a niner game, there are about 20,000 visiting team fans in the stadium.