LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 301 users in the forums

Priest Holmes or Jamaal Charles

Shop 49ers game tickets

Priest Holmes or Jamaal Charles

Holmes was awesome, loved seeing him truck people.
Kevin Barlow would be in the HOF if he ran behind Priest's Oline. Priest was a good player, but he was 5 yards down the field before he ever got touched.
Originally posted by strickac:
Kevin Barlow would be in the HOF if he ran behind Priest's Oline. Priest was a good player, but he was 5 yards down the field before he ever got touched.

I highly doubt that lol.. youre downplaying Holmes' skills bro. He was great

One thing I will say about Charles: he has a career yards-per-carry average of 5.5. That is the highest all-time for a running back with at least 5,000 yards. Second-highest is Jim Brown, at 5.2 YPC. Now, I take that with a grain of salt, because Charles has been injured so much and has "only" 1300 career carries (compared to Jim Brown's 2300), but it's still an incredible accomplishment. Clearly, though, sustaining numbers like that over an entire career is an entirely different matter -- as he starts to age and decline, that career YPC is likely to drop.

That said, Holmes' three-year run at the beginning of the millennium was tremendous as well.

I don't know. They both had great careers.
Holmes' TD celebration as he crossed the goal line was one of my favorites. I recall Charlie Garner throwing up an X to celebrate TDs also.

Ya no kidding, just pull up any of Priest's highlights and his OL are all downfield wiping out guys.
Originally posted by znk916:

Ya no kidding, just pull up any of Priest's highlights and his OL are all downfield wiping out guys.

He had the luxery of playing behind one of the best Olines ever assembled. Then throw in one of the best run blocking FBs in league history, Richardson, and it's no reason why a castoff could dominate.

Nothing against Holmes. He was really good. Emmitt and Terrell Davis don't have their stellar careers either without their dominant lines.
Share 49ersWebzone