There are 660 users in the forums

Vikings new stadium... Opinions?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally I thought the design was a piece of chit... (I couldn't believe they chose it over the other imho, better designs)

(Looked like some kind of ugly modern Church/Monastery)

However I checked out its progress the other day & to be perfectly honest the thing looks epic.
It might be the best stadium in all of football or sports for that matter?

Damn thing looks like a Spaceship... I it.

Check this chit out...
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=665706&page=150
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:20 PM ]
It looks like a museum. I'm not a fan of it. I think a stadium should look like a stadium, but who gives a f**k. It's a football stadium. lol
Well I like football stadiums. Not..... That

Looks cool but not like a football stadium. Maybe a theater or like stoney said museum.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:01 PM ]
The last view on the bottoms looks like the " Jawa Traders "from the first Star Wars flick should be driving it
[ Edited by highway49 on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally I thought the design was a piece of chit... (I couldn't believe they chose it over the other imho, better designs)

(Looked like some kind of ugly modern Church/Monastery)

However I checked out its progress the other day & to be perfectly honest the thing looks epic.
It might be the best stadium in all of football or sports for that matter?

Damn thing is look like a spaceship... I it.

Check this chit out...
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=665706&page=150

Looks like a modern viking ship. As it should. Yar!
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
They probably considered home field advantage in the building of that to give the Vikings an advantage at home. Not like our Levis stadium which left out any home field advantage in its build.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It looks like a museum. I'm not a fan of it. I think a stadium should look like a stadium, but who gives a f**k. It's a football stadium. lol

Tradition isn't a bad thing, but particularly with roofed stadiums I think there is a lot of scope for experimentation.

Don't get me wrong, I still like open stadiums like Met-Life & our stadium (Which has a cool college style look to it.)

But ever since Jerry-World (Perhaps even as far back as UPS in Arizona) the NFL has really been pushing the limits with roofed football stadia.

I'm looking forward to seeing it complete & also the completion of the Atlanta stadium in the next year or so.

If you compare the new NFL stadia to cashed up worldwide sports leagues for Football/Soccer (La Liga & EPL), it leaves them for dead... The EPL has especially horrendous (Ugly as f**k) stadia for such a rich league.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM ]
Look weird. More like a convention center or a mall in dubai.
Looks like it's gonna be quiet in there

I like it, it kinda looks like Wesley Snipes in New Jack City
Most beautiful stadium ive ever seen..
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I like it, it kinda looks like Wesley Snipes in New Jack City

Football should be played outdoors on grass. It looks like the Dubai Ski slope.
You see this then you see Levi's and have to shake your head. Jed built a stadium that would be considered a disappointment even 15 years ago.
Share 49ersWebzone