LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 551 users in the forums

Who to root for 2nite? Cards? Lambs?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
If we lose one more game it won't matter. But to stay competitive if we do win out you need Cards to lose.
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
of course the Rams will win. The NFL wants to playoff race to be a total mystery till the last game of the season

Maybe that's why the officials handed the Chiefs game to AZ. I just re-watched that and not only was the reversal call bad but the phantom offensive holding call on Fasano was INSANE. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but how could you explain that?
I guess if you concede that the season is over for us, you would root for the CARDS. It would help keep us out of the cellar and help keep the sheHawks in 2nd place.

If you believe that a miracle is possible and we could magically transform onto the 9ers of 2012-13 then, of coarse, you want the Rams to win cuz we "cough" still have a chance.

I can't decide but I can't wait to watch
[ Edited by LenCat on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM ]
LA Rams win we make a Super Bowl run
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The football gods will determine the outcome.
f**k em both. Hope they both lose 3 straight. Yes, I hope they both lose next week too.

How about ARI? That team has had the worst luck in terms of injuries and they are still in the hunt.

We and the Rams are gonna win out with SEA and ARI losing out...yes, next week too.
of course the Rams will win. The NFL wants to playoff race to be a total mystery till the last game of the season

I told you some of your picks were going to start coming true - the blind squirrel, stopped clock concept. Tonight is one. Yay for you!

I hope you have posted this prediction on the other 12 websites so everyone can see how smart you are and you can feel all happy.
#QuestFor6 yards
In the last 4 games (including v Denver and San Diego) Rams have allowed opponents into the Red Zone: Two times.

It is still the Rams, but I would sure like to see some consistency on them playing strong again tonight.

And, Niners still have play-off hopes, unlike the Rams. a Win here helps you.
The Rams should win. Their defense is too good for a back-up QB.

Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
The Rams should win. Their defense is too good for a back-up QB.

I remember when you could say that about us.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I wont concede until we lose one more game. I ran some scenarios through ESPN playoff machine and if we go 10-6 there are still a decent amount of scenarios we get 2nd wildcard spot.

If we win all 3 here are some scenarios where we make playoff.
Seattle loses to Cards and 49ers finish 10-6 (head to head, division would be even)-Tie breaker scenario of common opponents W-L
Cards lose 3 in a row Card 10-6 49ers 10-6 (head to head, division would be eve )- Tie breaker scenario of common opponents W-L

These 2 are the easiest to comprehend.

Other scenarios would have non division winners finish 10-6. There are a lot of probabilities so
Dallas 9-4 has Indy, Philly, Redskins (spoiler role) left- 10-6 could be likely
Detriot 9-4 has Minnasota, Bears, Green Bay- Most likely they finish 11-5 (but possible either Vikings or Bears pull an upset since they are divisional games 10-6)
Philly 9-4 has Dallas, Giants, Skins- Most likely 11-5 or 12-4 finish (once again all games are divisional and I can see Giants maybe pulling out a game for 10-6)
Seattle 9-4 has 49ers, Card, Rams- Most likely 12-4 but could reasonably be 11-5 or 12-6
Cards are 10-3 have 49ers, Seattle, Rams- Most likely 12-4 or 11-5 but could go 10-6. (Chiefs game hurt)

Now its up to us to do what we have the talent of doing and beating Hawks,Chargers, and Cards. Just need offense to finally show up.
Cards, fo sho. If the 9ers ain't in, then Niner Nation has to be hoping for the toughest possible route for Seattle to a consecutive SuperBowl.

"Aaron Rodgers, you're our only hope..."...(at Lambeau)...
Im rooting for the Cards. The only team that benefits from the Cards losing is the Hawks.
Originally posted by RedAlice:

I told you some of your picks were going to start coming true - the blind squirrel, stopped clock concept. Tonight is one. Yay for you!

I hope you have posted this prediction on the other 12 websites so everyone can see how smart you are and you can feel all happy.

sorry but I said this before the season started. You are trying to rationalize your 'anything can happen' indoctrination without any critical thought. This has nothing to do with me getting things right. It has to do with recognizing that the fantastic and down to the wire stuff keeps happening.
Share 49ersWebzone