There are 86 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lynch certainly has a lot of potential for a 5th rounder and one could just hope he has his head straight. Lynch is a guy after his freshmen year had top 10 love before transferring to USF. Very versatile player and I can't wait to see him get with Tomsula.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Lynch won't see the field in 2014. I have a feeling they want to test his mental makeup by forcing him to practice hard and not play. JH is gonna break him in and if Lynch doesn't comply, then he will be out.

With his ability, you think he'd last on the practice squad? I think another team would pluck him right off (the right team of course).
No way would he last on the PS, but then again a lot of teams had him completely off their board. This guy WILL make the team and may get some time during Smith's potential suspension.
I hope this guy works out. Our pass rush would be scary.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
No way would he last on the PS, but then again a lot of teams had him completely off their board. This guy WILL make the team and may get some time during Smith's potential suspension.

Yep. 1st round talent doesn't sit on the PS. Lol
Originally posted by jrg:

Nope, it gets poached by the Petehawks
Oh man, imagine if we cut him and he turns into a monster with Seattle. Just wouldn't be fair man, but he needs to watch how the Smith bros work. For all of Aldon's off the field issues, he's a very hard worker and the results show. Come on Lynch, prove the detractors wrong!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by jrg:

Nope, it gets poached by the Petehawks
Some people are too paranoid about Seattle signing our players.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Some people are too paranoid about Seattle signing our players.

To put it gently it has been oftentimes said that both teams seem to like the same type players
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
To put it gently it has been oftentimes said that both teams seem to like the same type players

at this point both teams likely know just about everything about each other.

not many secrets to poach.

and like you said....similar approach to the game since college. these two coaches are just going at it.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
get lynch in the weight room and eating right because he needs to be a 270-280 lb 5 technique. the guy has the frame to build that, and he has quick-twitch explosive power to win every down if he wants.

big mistake playing him as a 250 lb olb. at that weight, he's weaker and less explosive...and he's nothing special in space. he's a get-upfield attack dog; and that is maximized with a physique engineered for power. get him to 270, and go from there. forget the emaciated look with this guy.
Originally posted by xcfan:
get lynch in the weight room and eating right because he needs to be a 270-280 lb 5 technique. the guy has the frame to build that, and he has quick-twitch explosive power to win every down if he wants.

big mistake playing him as a 250 lb olb. at that weight, he's weaker and less explosive...and he's nothing special in space. he's a get-upfield attack dog; and that is maximized with a physique engineered for power. get him to 270, and go from there. forget the emaciated look with this guy.

You could be right. Let us hope that the defensive staff can figure it out. Tomsula and co

My guess is they're picturing him as a DE in pass rush situations with his hand down when it's all said and done.

do you think so? And not sure. I looked at the highlights again . A lot of that reach grabby stuff was because he was on the ball carrier so quick. also when ball carriers crumple it's because of the speed that he's on them. it's a sign of speed it's an instinctive reaction when a train comes on you. but I agree that he look better for the Irish then sfu.

all in all I'm not super emotionally invested in this guy. There are other stories that are more interesting to me. I wish him the best we'll see what happens.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on May 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
If I recall correctly, Brooks had some red flags when he was drafted and he seems to be a pretty solid guy. In the 5th round you can take a chance on limited talent, injury or character...but you seldom find a complete, blue chip player sliding to the 5th.

Also--have no idea where they will want Lynch to play--it's a bit early to speculate on his best playing weight, etc. Some guys can add weight without loosing too much quickness, but others can't.
Share 49ersWebzone