LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 293 users in the forums

Did Mike Tomlin intentionally force Jacoby Jones to change direction on kick return?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It looked intentional to me. Busch league move if it was. He is getting punished already in the media storm.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by BobS:
You guys are such hypocrites, if Harbaugh did that you wouldn't say a word. I doubt he thought his team would allow a long enough return that he would be in the way standing on his own 35, pretty sure it was 100% unintentional.

Yeah I didn't think it was intentional either. Especially in full speed. And the first thing I thought when I read the overreaction in this tread was how it would be so different if it was Harbaugh......

He still isn't supposed to be there. He knows that. And he's staring at the jumbo screen watching jones run down the sideline. Whether it was intentional or not, it was a bonehead move and he got away with it.

Oh I agree that he shouldn't have been there but you can tell he didn't realize they were coming up on him as quickly as they did. As you said he was looking up at the jumbo screen. We don't know what angle the camera view was showing and where he was in perspective to the players on the field in the jumbo screen. If it was the "all 22" view he would've been on the edge of the screen and wouldn't have seen himself until it was too late.

It does show that he had a foot in the field of play and intentional or not he should be at least fined for it.

I'm pretty confident the jumbo screen would show the ball carrier. I think he saw it and let his emotions get the best of him and didn't move out of the way.

Neither of us will know for sure but yeah, he's not allowed to be where he was. I've never seen anything like that before.
Screw Jones, its karma, I still remember his 104 yrd return in the SB where our guys were being held and no flag, so again screw him!
Hahaha I love it, f**k the Ravens. -I would have loved to just trip that son of a b***h right there, will never forget that non-call that got him a f**king kick return int he SB.
There was the Jets coach that took out a Dolphins gunner on the sideline but he wasn't half as blatant as Tomlin's "oops".
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Pretty obvious dude is guilty
This kills me. Maybe Tomlin did it on purpose, maybe he didnt. Doesnt really matter.

If I recall, didnt Flacco tell his players to get off the sideline to tackle Ginn if he broke free in the SB?

No media about that, for the "elite" qb looking to get a payday. Yet a contoversial move by a coach of a 5-6 team is news. Amazing.
It was intentional.

What coach is going to look at the jumbo screen when the play is happening right in front of your face?

And if you're actually lost in the moment watching the jumbo screen who stands perfectly still and upright and conveniently just barely on the white line? Most coaches would be somewhat animated or agitated if they were watching their kickoff coverage getting scotched.

And could the smile afterwards look any more guilty?

In our 24/7 coverage of sports and cling on to any sort of happening that's out of the ordinary it's being made a bigger deal than it should be but he should be fined and the refs completely blew that call. Intentional or accidental that's blatant interference and should be an easy flag.
I don't think he intentionally got on the field to slow the guy down, but he sure looks like he realized where he was when the ball carrier was close, and waited till the last possible moment to step aside.

Intentional or not, that should have been a penalty and the coach should be fined.
[ Edited by vermonator on Nov 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM ]
Way to set the example as the head guy tomlin, lost a lot of respect for him

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Fine him $50K because he still lost.
Fine him $500K if he wound up winning

ray lewis only got fined 250k for killing a guy so i think that might be a little harsh
How many HCs do we see every week standing on the chalk? I believe it started out unintentional but then he realized where he was and committed to the act. I don't think a fine or suspension is in order. The refs saw no need to flag the play. TD was not going to happen.
Originally posted by kingairta:
How many HCs do we see every week standing on the chalk? I believe it started out unintentional but then he realized where he was and committed to the act. I don't think a fine or suspension is in order. The refs saw no need to flag the play. TD was not going to happen.

Not when he had to slightly alter his direction is wasn't/ I believe if he had clear sailing down the line he was gone.
Originally posted by kingairta:

Refs make mistakes all the time. The league said he should have been penalized. The ref that missed the call could be downgraded or whatever that means also.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10052325/nfl-reviews-move-mike-tomlin-pittsburgh-steelers-discipline
I would have LOVED to see Tomlin get straight-armed upside the side of the head!

Man, that would have been on NFL highlights for eternity.

And what a fight would have broken out.

I can't stand either team so if they destroyed eachother - so what.
Share 49ersWebzone