LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 387 users in the forums

Josh Freeman to Minnesota.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Josh Freeman has concussion; Christian Ponder taking first-team snaps #Vikings
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268404/article/josh-freeman-has-a-concussion-might-not-start-leslie-frazier-says?campaign=Twitter_atl

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Fourplay:
Not the brightest guy.... Cassel better....

Actually, that does look like a pretty "bright" play.... can't see what's going on downfield, but there are defenders all around him and his outlet receiver. If he holds it and scrambles, he gets sacked for a loss. If he tries to float it to the RB, it is likely a pick-6. If he throws it at the turf it is intentional grounding. Deflect it off a defender and it is just an incomplete pass.

Not sure if that is what he intended to do.... if so, it's not all that stupid.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Oct 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM ]
Sure looks intentional to me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:

not that is is relevant to the thread but if you look at the gif there is an RB behind the falcons player.
A). It look intentional.

B). In fairness, Freeman needed more time to learn their playbook. I'm not a fan of his at all but his suckage performance had a reason.
Wow, Ponder actually looks pretty good in practice. Here's some footage of him with the first team offense this week:

What the hell happened to Josh Freeman? I remember him being such a promising young QB. He seemed well composed, humble, had a cannon for an arm, and could lead the locker room as well as any other young QB at the time. Fast forward a few years later and he can't make proper decisions, can't hit the broad side of a barn, and looks to be headed on his way out.
Originally posted by dGilleran:
What the hell happened to Josh Freeman? I remember him being such a promising young QB. He seemed well composed, humble, had a cannon for an arm, and could lead the locker room as well as any other young QB at the time. Fast forward a few years later and he can't make proper decisions, can't hit the broad side of a barn, and looks to be headed on his way out.

IMO he's just lazy, or "not self motivated" and just wants a paycheck. moving forward i think he's just going to play well enough to get league minimum or more.

i wish i got paid $400k to suck at my job.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Wow, Ponder actually looks pretty good in practice. Here's some footage of him with the first team offense this week:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by kingairta:

not that is is relevant to the thread but if you look at the gif there is an RB behind the falcons player.

lol. Yeah, QB's are taught to throw it at the feet of a receiver when a screen play gets disrupted. It eliminates the penalty of having illegal lineman downfield.

Share 49ersWebzone