There are 242 users in the forums

Haralson....

Shop 49ers game tickets
At least now, down in Louisiana, when he says "two goats in a pepper patch," fans will understand what he's talking about.
Originally posted by boast:
so it's ok that a LB that didn't play at all in 2012 but appeared to play well in the preseason against back ups but a rookie LB that did play ball in 2012 and appeared to play great against back ups in the preseason is not ok?
What?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I am happy for Haralson. Maybe he was initially disappointed to be let go by the 49ers, but he has an excellent chance to be a starter for the Saints. He would have rarely seen the field with the 49ers - I doubt that he would have even been on our 45 man game day roster. This is a win/win for both the 49ers and Haralson.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by susweel:
yup I bet some of them even start following his new team as their favorite team now.

this really shakes you up inside that I have an interest in watching KC evolve the way we did from 2011, eh?

how cute..

um who's talking about KC ?
same thing. its funny when some still feel some sort of a connection to a long time productive player for us and they get slapped with a label of having a new team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by boast:
so it's ok that a LB that didn't play at all in 2012 but appeared to play well in the preseason against back ups but a rookie LB that did play ball in 2012 and appeared to play great against back ups in the preseason is not ok?
What?

he explained, he was talking about the lemon man. he and I still disagree but thats ok
Originally posted by fryet:
I am happy for Haralson. Maybe he was initially disappointed to be let go by the 49ers, but he has an excellent chance to be a starter for the Saints. He would have rarely seen the field with the 49ers - I doubt that he would have even been on our 45 man game day roster. This is a win/win for both the 49ers and Haralson.

I dont know. I think he'd much rather have a shot at the Superbowl and knowing he could of been a part of the Aldon/Brooks rotation.

Personally, I have respect for all the long time Niners that fought with us through the tough years. I will always think highly of guys like Haralson, Soap, Goldson and yes, even Alex.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I dont know. I think he'd much rather have a shot at the Superbowl and knowing he could of been a part of the Aldon/Brooks rotation.

Personally, I have respect for all the long time Niners that fought with us through the tough years. I will always think highly of guys like Haralson, Soap, Goldson and yes, even Alex.

Oh yeah. Anytime I catch a non-SF game with these players on the field, I will be paying extra attention to how they perform.. even Ricky Jean Francois... and I still make note of #15 when watching the skins ( Joshua Morgan).
Originally posted by fryet:

Haralson asked for the the trade. He knew he could start and asked the Niners to let him go. The Niners did good by Haralson and themselves.

Was unable to find the link
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Oh yeah. Anytime I catch a non-SF game with these players on the field, I will be paying extra attention to how they perform.. even Ricky Jean Francois... and I still make note of #15 when watching the skins ( Joshua Morgan).

Ditto.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by natrone06:
You guys are sleeping on Cam too.

what has he done to make you like him, hurt last year, do not remember anything he has done in pre season and hurt his shoulder last night

I actually watched him play in preseason.
so what has he done,, has he made plays, what has he done? i am just asking because we got rid of a more than average vet to keep this kid who did not do a damn thing last year. also anyone know how bad his injury was last night? but i am interested,, what has he done so far

You've been awaken!

Right guys. Don't sleep on Cam Newton. After three preseason appearances, he's 21-42 (50% completion rate) with a stunning 5.4 yards per catch, 1 TD and 1 interception. You can certainly understand why natrone is impressed. Those are some scary numbers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You guys are sleeping on Cam too.

what has he done to make you like him, hurt last year, do not remember anything he has done in pre season and hurt his shoulder last night

I actually watched him play in preseason.
so what has he done,, has he made plays, what has he done? i am just asking because we got rid of a more than average vet to keep this kid who did not do a damn thing last year. also anyone know how bad his injury was last night? but i am interested,, what has he done so far

You've been awaken!
agree, the kid did a fine job and hope he locked up a roster spot. i got no issue when proven wrong when it is in the best interest of the team
Oh, are we talking about Cam Johnson? The Niners MUST keep him on the roster. After what he did last night, he would never clear waivers. He'd be picked up in about two seconds. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a more convincing "put me on the team" performance in a last preseason game. He completely blew up.
i got no issue when proven wrong when it is in the best interest of the team

Thats always the best way. Its when you argue for someone and then they suck that hurts lol.

And really you haven't been proven wrong yet. long season. Harlson might still be missed.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Or the God Tolzien. Just not many things for everyone to argue about.
Nate Davis, the Next steve young...

Like some folks have written before, parys is just a solid olb with very limited pass rush ability. I dont hate experienced solid players at all. But its absolutely sufficient to keep some cheap talents at #3 and #4 unless the experienced guy brings something special to the table.
Then again, special guys wanna be starters so in general you cant keep them on the bench.

Parys seems to be completely overrated by the zone, like hill or nate davis.
[ Edited by communist on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone