There are 357 users in the forums

Just met Pat McPherson on the plane

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
TEs coach for the Seahawks was flying from Seattle to Denver. A few notes:

-Seattle wasn't going to draft Vance McDonald. Great run blocker. But hands aren't good enough
-Says Aldon's success is mostly due to Justin Smith
-Bowman> Willis at this point
-laughed at the thought of Lockett making the team. Says he's by far the dumbest person he's ever met. Just not smart enough for the game
-grew up a niner fan. Dad coached for SF from 70s through '98
-says Rams are getting GOOD. But was also surprised they didn't draft a RB

Don't see why you would lie about something so insignificant, so you get the benefit of the doubt.

Couple things though if we were to read between the lines.

1. You're a 9ers fan and he works for its biggest rival, if they wanted McDonald or not, he sure as s**t would not be telling some random fanboy on a plane.
2. Speaking of McDonald, he's a good blocker? AWESOME!!! That was an area most people were bashing him for since he was mainly a pass catcher in college! Great news!
3. Bowman > Willis, nothing Earth shattering there, I think you could easily argue that fact. I have both of their jersey's ( Im a Penn State fan and LOVED when we drafted Bowman ). Both are my favorite 9ers.
4. Aldon's success does have a LARGE part to do with Justin, so again, nothing Earth shattering. With more time/experience/strength, he will be able to stand on his own down the line. For now, why not continue to twist and stunt with the best 3-4 DE in the league???
5. Interesting on Lockette, maybe that's why Kaep is force feeding him info. Still, as long as he works hard, he can make is happen. Its football, not neurosurgery and he's a WR, not QB. Learn your routes, your reads...rinse and repeat. Frank Gore scored one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all time, he sounds like a neanderthal when he talks too...but he's a hard worker who overcame dyslexia and has one of the highest football IQ's in the league. Time will tell if Ricardo's hard work will yield the same results.

Still though, interesting story for sure,...thanks buddy.

My thoughts exactly...and did Lockette have anyone to coach him up? Did Lockette room with their QB and train together to learn as much as possible. Bring it Lockette...you'll love giving it back to the team who let you go!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lockette f**ked his wife.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lockette f**ked his wife.

Are you saying she was flipping through channels looking for the British Broadcasting Corporation?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Seattle coach...off to NFL Talk wit ya!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
TEs coach for the Seahawks was flying from Seattle to Denver. A few notes:

-Seattle wasn't going to draft Vance McDonald. Great run blocker. But hands aren't good enough
-Says Aldon's success is mostly due to Justin Smith
-Bowman> Willis at this point
-laughed at the thought of Lockett making the team. Says he's by far the dumbest person he's ever met. Just not smart enough for the game
-says Rams are getting GOOD. But was also surprised they didn't draft a RB

Don't see why you would lie about something so insignificant, so you get the benefit of the doubt.

Couple things though if we were to read between the lines.

1. You're a 9ers fan and he works for its biggest rival, if they wanted McDonald or not, he sure as s**t would not be telling some random fanboy on a plane.
2. Speaking of McDonald, he's a good blocker? AWESOME!!! That was an area most people were bashing him for since he was mainly a pass catcher in college! Great news!
3. Bowman > Willis, nothing Earth shattering there, I think you could easily argue that fact. I have both of their jersey's ( Im a Penn State fan and LOVED when we drafted Bowman ). Both are my favorite 9ers.
4. Aldon's success does have a LARGE part to do with Justin, so again, nothing Earth shattering. With more time/experience/strength, he will be able to stand on his own down the line. For now, why not continue to twist and stunt with the best 3-4 DE in the league???
5. Interesting on Lockette, maybe that's why Kaep is force feeding him info. Still, as long as he works hard, he can make is happen. Its football, not neurosurgery and he's a WR, not QB. Learn your routes, your reads...rinse and repeat. Frank Gore scored one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all time, he sounds like a neanderthal when he talks too...but he's a hard worker who overcame dyslexia and has one of the highest football IQ's in the league. Time will tell if Ricardo's hard work will yield the same results.

Still though, interesting story for sure,...thanks buddy.

My thoughts exactly...and did Lockette have anyone to coach him up? Did Lockette room with their QB and train together to learn as much as possible. Bring it Lockette...you'll love giving it back to the team who let you go!

We turn trash into gold. Case in point, Ahmad Brooks.
Interesting post, I think. Why would this person of over 2,500 posts here make this up? Also, what some people are not commenting on yet is this:

His dad is Bill McPherson...as a 49ers fan from the '70s, I definitely remember him. He spent some time as our D-Coordinator in the late '80s and was part of our Super Bowl championship teams.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Interesting post, I think. Why would this person of over 2,500 posts here make this up? Also, what some people are not commenting on yet is this:

His dad is Bill McPherson...as a 49ers fan from the '70s, I definitely remember him. He spent some time as our D-Coordinator in the late '80s and was part of our Super Bowl championship teams.

slow part of the offseason with a name that's just obscure enough to be questioned.
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on May 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

For attention.
McPherson is a Bellarmine Douche!

You're basing your opinion of Lockett on an interview and the coaches intelligence based on a picture. He coached the guy! I think his opinion is valid. McPherson seemed bright. Very bright

I know, it's just strange that he would say he's the dumbest person he's ever met, highly doubt that's true. And honestly I am not judging anything about him based on his picture, but since he's a Seahawk it's just hard not to insult him in some way.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
slow part of the offseason with a name that's just obscure enough to be questioned.

I hear you...the offseason SUCKS! Can the Seahawk homer, Mike Sando, please be fired now? Unfortunately, those of us who read ESPN updates on the 49ers and NFC West are subject to his Seahawk-biased blogs...today's Sando blog re: Harvin and Crabtree is no exception. And, he keeps referencing Bill Williamson, some NFL scout for ESPN...Williamson is a big wind-bag whose NFL knowledge doesn't impress me (the Niners D-line is FOURTH BEST in the division? Are you kidding me?). Anyway, I'm off topic - back to this thread...regarding the comment about our new TE McDonald, I do wonder why McPherson would say that. From everything I've read about McDonald coming out of Rice, he is an improving blocker and needs to work on traditional in-line TE blocking. Also, I hear his hands can use some improvement but he does catch a lot of balls and doesn't have terrible hands - he has all the athletic ability to improve in all areas as a TE. If the Seahawks really passed on him because of his hands, then their loss and our gain. Instead, they draft Luke Willson, Rice's SECOND-best TE? And this is from Rice, not Alabama. I don't know a thing about Willson after reading many different publications and articles about the top 15 or so TEs available this past draft (didn't see him ranked once). The Seahawks are going to get what's coming to them, on the field and off (already happening off the field w/ the suspensions, etc.). They are so over-hyped...games aren't won in the offseason but the media would have you believe otherwise.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
You're basing your opinion of Lockett on an interview and the coaches intelligence based on a picture. He coached the guy! I think his opinion is valid. McPherson seemed bright. Very bright

Lockett played TE? Didn't the 49ers coaches coach Lockett and sign him to a reserve/future contract to keep him with the team? They must be stupid.
This Mcpherson guy just seems to repeat what the media says.

Aldon is nothing without Justin Smith? Give me a break! The dude put up 19.5 sacks and I've seen him consistently destroy the guy blocking him with a straight up bull rush or with a finesse type of move. His production dropped off later in the year because he was hurt, not because Justin Smith was hurt. Justin certainly helps him, but Aldon is a great player by himself.

Bowman is better than Willis at this point? Umm no. I've heard a lot of different analysts and people on this board mentioning that and I'm sorry but that's simply not true. Bowman is a great player, but Willis still remains the superior player. I see Bowman miss quite a few tackles that Willis would not. Bowman is more productive in large part because Willis is the guy that offenses try to take out of the game. Willis has more responsibility in covering tight ends and takes on more blockers, allowing Bowman to roam more freely and make more tackles. The only thing that Bowman has on Willis is pass rush ability.

As far as Lockette being the dumbest guy he's ever met, well I don't know how he could be any dumber than Marshawn Lynch.

Mcpherson can suck it.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
def a douche

yup.

yep

Valuable info my ass. Calling Lockette dumbest person he has ever met when he looks like that...haha
Share 49ersWebzone