LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 256 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Why do we have to have a catastrophe to get guys on the bench out on the field? Baldwin was definitely not going to get time with patton in there...and patton got precious little time. Lemonyay sure looks to have talent, and looks a lot bigger than I thot. Definitely strong, and I didn't see anybody push him around. Also apparently has a good nose for the ball. If he didn't make a tackle, he was right there. You gotta like that. Yet, without aldon's trials and travails, we probably would never have seen Lemonier....and that is a big mistake, one that Coach H has been guilty of since getting here. With time, Lemonier looks like he could start, but certainly be in the rotation. I wish Coach would have as much faith in playing his draftees, as he did in picking them....you never know what kind of really good talent is on the bench....until they play. Same applies to Tramain Brock , who very likely will start over Nnamdi...because Brock looked really good in pass protection and also tackles. Nnamdi, well....he probably is going to be a backup...bringing up the obvious question...what the heck happened to him?

Baldwin was a month behind as far as learning the system. Cory is a rookie who was playing behind Aldon Smith. Not hard to understand why either of them didn't see the field early on. You cannot make the assumption that they wouldn't have gotten more playing time as the season progressed but in the beginning it didn't make much sense to play either of them.

Exactly. You can't really beat a starting tandem of Smith and Brooks. Lemonier not seeing time is completely understandable until injuries occur.
And I bet there are 31 other teams doing exactly the same thing.
Besides this was one game and a horrible team to boot. Like to see how he is against a stout offense.
I think Lemon is gonna continue to get better. The reason Aldon can be Aldon is because of the immense talent surrounding him. This is a huge opportunity for young Lemon
Originally posted by GEEK:
Exactly. You can't really beat a starting tandem of Smith and Brooks. Lemonier not seeing time is completely understandable until injuries occur.

you don't need to beat them but if we pride ourselves on depth, and players being tired at the end of the game were issues last season why not use them, get them accustomed to the speed in situations?

that's my only problem, we have draft picks and then red shirt them when learning in real game would be better imo.

hopefully tank can come back and step in and give us depth and dial too.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
you don't need to beat them but if we pride ourselves on depth, and players being tired at the end of the game were issues last season why not use them, get them accustomed to the speed in situations?

that's my only problem, we have draft picks and then red shirt them when learning in real game would be better imo.

hopefully tank can come back and step in and give us depth and dial too.

As I said before - how do we know for sure that the young guys wouldn't have been eased in as the season progressed? Aldon was drafted to be the starter and he was eased in behind Parys. Young Lemon (I like what matthewabbit called him...heh) was drafted with the future in mind. No way they're going to rush him in.
Great game by Lemon! 3 tackles, sack, safety, forced fumble. Wow, unbelievable! Way to step up when needed most
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Great game by Lemon! 3 tackles, sack, safety, forced fumble. Wow, unbelievable! Way to step up when needed most

It was a great game, and seemed by the end of the game he was getting the majority of snaps over skuta, hopefully he can continue to eat away at skutas reps.

I will say he had a pretty big blunder on his contain assignment on that big run, but overall real nice job by the rookie. We get aldon back this season and they are gonna be causing major problems for opposing offenses.
Game ball IMO. Turned the game around for us after the safety.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Game ball IMO. Turned the game around for us after the safety.

Great point! All these posts about VD, Gore, Reid, etc. all contributed that resulted in the win today. But that Sack/Safety was the turning point of the game for us and CL deserves some credit, too.

Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I think Lemon is gonna continue to get better. The reason Aldon can be Aldon is because of the immense talent surrounding him. This is a huge opportunity for young Lemon

The reason Aldon can be Aldon is because he's f**king awesome at football. Can we stop this b******t about Aldon being so dependent on those around him?
Originally posted by dhp318:

The reason Aldon can be Aldon is because he's f**king awesome at football. Can we stop this b******t about Aldon being so dependent on those around him?

Lol. So true. Aldon being a product of the talent around him is such a crock
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]
Aldon is a dam fine player. So is Cory Lemonyay
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Lol. So true. Aldon being a product of the talent around him is such a crock

I swear some people think we can just throw any OLB out there and they will get 20 sacks. If it's all about the talent, then why didn't Manny Lawson make it?

Is there some kind of rule Niners fans have that they can't like two players that play the same position at the same time? Montana/Young, Boldin(especially afte r week 1)/Crabtree, Williams/Dorsey, Smith/Lemonier, Gore/Hunter, etc.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]
I'm really glad to see him playing well. We need him since we can't rely on Aldon and we have too many injuries. Hopefully he will continue his progression.
Share 49ersWebzone