There are 589 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
VD losing his job? Wut.
Am I the only one who has kind of been underwhelmed with his play? Yes he is just a rookie and I'm not sure the coaches are using him to the best of his abilities but I haven't been to impressed with his production so far..
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
He was excellent in run blocking last night, got targetted twice if I remember, one was caught but the other was a Kap rocket from 10 yards that he dropped.

I think he had a good game last night.
Originally posted by Buchy:
He was excellent in run blocking last night, got targetted twice if I remember, one was caught but the other was a Kap rocket from 10 yards that he dropped.

I think he had a good game last night.

Roman loves the roll-out to Miller. I'm hoping that McDonald can get into action too...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He's a pretty good blocker which is very important. He was open once and Kap missed him. He doesn't get targeted often. He's good and he's blocking like a vet His offensive playmaking game will develop as Kap develops.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Roman loves the roll-out to Miller. I'm hoping that McDonald can get into action too...

that's basically it all it is. he's proving he can be a wonderful blocker or else he wouldn't even be on the field. when he gets it he always makes a play and is tough to bring down. simply use him in place of miller with those passes and we'll get some big gainers and some highlight plays. he even spread out wide in college so imagine a formation with baldwin on one side boldin on the other and both vd and macdonald in the slot.. how do you even begin to defend that?

and it's aactually a two te set so you could pass out of that and realistically run a screen out of that set with them two as the main blockers against nickel backs.
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

edit- damn didn't know someone beat me to it... well you get two angles.

I will always love McDonald for this play.
love this guy, gotta get him more involved in the passing game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agree! But he has to restrain himself from trying to leap over guys all the time lol. One of these days he's going to take a nasty fall.
theyre gonna need him this year with all our receivers getting broken. all our remaining targets are huge. VD, McDonald, Boldin and Baldwin. thats a massive receiver group

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agree! But he has to restrain himself from trying to leap over guys all the time lol. One of these days he's going to take a nasty fall.

He's just trying to idolize Vernon, that's all.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
theyre gonna need him this year with all our receivers getting broken. all our remaining targets are huge. VD, McDonald, Boldin and Baldwin. thats a massive receiver group

Really should've been the primary group day 1.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He's just trying to idolize Vernon, that's all.

You think he can dunk any better??

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM ]
lol @ Harbaugh comparing him to Dalton in Road House according to Mayock & Nessler
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

that's basically it all it is. he's proving he can be a wonderful blocker or else he wouldn't even be on the field. when he gets it he always makes a play and is tough to bring down. simply use him in place of miller with those passes and we'll get some big gainers and some highlight plays. he even spread out wide in college so imagine a formation with baldwin on one side boldin on the other and both vd and macdonald in the slot.. how do you even begin to defend that?

and it's aactually a two te set so you could pass out of that and realistically run a screen out of that set with them two as the main blockers against nickel backs.
I like it. Put the big guys out there and murder fools
Share 49ersWebzone