LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NJNiner:
While I an not against the Niners acquiring Revis, I think it would be a serious injustice to send Alex to the most dysfunctional team in the league. He deserves much better than that.
They obviously have a need in terms of acquiring an efficient QB who doesn't throw away games, I could care less if they're dysfunctional or what he's deserving of. It's a business.
This guy is going to want like 15M plus book it, won't happen but I like that we are interested. I hate the proposals on here that we send them Kendall Hunter, are people forgetting how much of a beast this guy is? He is going to be our lead back when Gore retires period, we need him AND LMJ. Now if they were willing to take Rogers, Alex and a mid round pick I'd be okay with it only if we could still get it done with Goldson and our cap wouldn't be impacted to the point in future years that we couldn't go and extend Crabtree/Aldon/Iupati/A.Davis when the time comes.
I don't think its a good move. Too much cash when we have to think about resigning Kaep in a few years. That will take a chunk of cash.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-interested-trade-jets-darrelle-revis

Sorry if someone already posted...
late pass
  • thl408
Balke wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't kick the tires on this one.
Too risky for a first rounder for sure, and probably even a second rounder. Coming off the ACL injury, and he was getting beat before the injury. He wasn't playing at the "Revis Island" level.

I'll be happy with Cully, Brown and Rogers again next year.
I wasn't gonna say anything about this....until I read that link. Interesting....CB might just be their weakest position (tho still not bad).
The D-Line and LBs are our bread and butter. Let's put our money there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd pass, he'll never be the same coming off that ACL. Rather keep what we got a draft a db.

Cetainly work exploring. Seems he would be here as a rental for a couple runs at the SB then he would be done when we need to re-sign some of our guys. The money needs to be worked out but if we can lock down one half of the field with him, that frees up our safeties to do a lot of things.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
He's going to command a high salary that could deter us from signing some of our other assets that are coming up. I'm not sure it's worth it since we're in the Super Bowl without him. That being said, if they want to take on the salaries of Alex and Rogers, then I'd consider the deal. Bottom line, we need to save our money for Kaep, Aldon, Dashon, Crabtree, and Oline.

He's due 6 million this year. the fact that he only has one year left and he's comming of and ACL makes me think he may come relatively cheap.

You let him play out that year and see what happens (just like Rogers).

If you don't have to drop a #1, then it might be worth it.

If they really do want a #1 tho.....pass.
  • thl408
There's no reason the Jets would take anything less than a #1 draft pick. The market for him should be big and that will drive up the price. The 49ers don't need to enter a bidding war for him. What they have now works. I agree with people that say put the money into the DLine. Fun to fantasize about though.
BTW...I'm so used to having to wait a long time till trading and Free Agency can begin because we didn't make the playoffs for so many year. Whern you play an extra month everything seems to get here faster...lol.

Does everything start March 1st?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no!
Share 49ersWebzone