LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 602 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ether:
I don't get it, does the NFC West just know how to coach defensive players or is the rest of the league letting us grab all the best ones?

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Karlos Dansby
Calais Campbell
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinitis
Janoris Jenkins
Richard Sherman
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Brandon Browner

You could literally make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team All-Pro just using the NFC West defenses.

the conference mirrors its opponents.
we've had great backs in this conference even when it was down so if you wanted to survive your front 7 had to absolutely be stout

and then the cardinals got larry fitz and boldin and suddenly if your db's weren't huge then you were toast (enter seattle's secondary and our secondary)

now if you can't handle scrambling qb's you're toast (see colin and russel)

we all are just playing off of each other and other conferences aren't built like ours.. that's just the truth.
Plus skins are really generous
I don't get it, does the NFC West just know how to coach defensive players or is the rest of the league letting us grab all the best ones?

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Karlos Dansby
Calais Campbell
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinitis
Janoris Jenkins
Richard Sherman
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Brandon Browner

You could literally make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team All-Pro just using the NFC West defenses.

4-3

Calais Campbell
Darnell Dockett
Red Bryant
Justin Smith

Patrick Willis
KJ Wright
Navorro Bowman

Patrick Peterson
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas
Janoris Jenkins

3-4

Justin Smith
Red Bryant
Calias Campbell

Aldon Smith
KJ Wright
Patrick Willis
Karlos Dansby
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Karlos Dansby
Calais Campbell
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinitis
Janoris Jenkins
Richard Sherman
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Brandon Browner

4-3

Calais Campbell
Darnell Dockett
Red Bryant
Justin Smith

Patrick Willis
KJ Wright
Navorro Bowman

Patrick Peterson
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas
Janoris Jenkins

3-4

Justin Smith
Red Bryant
Calias Campbell

Aldon Smith
KJ Wright
Patrick Willis
Karlos Dansby

How are u leaving Bowman off the 3-4 D?
People dont seem to understand that guys like Levonte David racking up 150 tackles doesnt mean much. He plays in meaningless games every week, and bad teams have alot more opportunities to accumulate tackles.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
In the discussion ? Possibly.

But as to who should win, if it is not Robert Quinn with his 18 sacks + 7 FF's + 2 FR's, then it should be Bucs LB'er Lavonte David. David has 137 tackles + 6 sacks + 2 FF's + 1 FR's + 5 INT's.

...and both guys will be sitting at home in January. Its not a "best stats" award.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Karlos Dansby
Calais Campbell
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinitis
Janoris Jenkins
Richard Sherman
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Brandon Browner

4-3

Calais Campbell
Darnell Dockett
Red Bryant
Justin Smith

Patrick Willis
KJ Wright
Navorro Bowman

Patrick Peterson
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas
Janoris Jenkins

3-4

Justin Smith
Red Bryant
Calias Campbell

Aldon Smith
KJ Wright
Patrick Willis
Karlos Dansby

How are u leaving Bowman off the 3-4 D?

That was my question...
Originally posted by Niners99:
People dont seem to understand that guys like Levonte David racking up 150 tackles doesnt mean much. He plays in meaningless games every week, and bad teams have alot more opportunities to accumulate tackles.

not only that you can't be playing with high caliber guys if you're dominating in tackling like that

like the panthers guy getting 24 tackles the other day

who else was playing linebacker out there? to allow him to get 24 tackles?
Kuechly only has 11 more tackles than Bowman which is amazing because he isn't playing across from a 6x all pro.

Yeah, but David is doing a lot more than racking up tackles. He's amazing in coverage and get his hands on a lot of footballs. He's all over the place and deserves to be in the discussion.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...and both guys will be sitting at home in January. Its not a "best stats" award.

David and Quinn are doing more on Sundays that padding the stat sheets. They are difference makers for their respective defenses.

And by the same token a player should not be penalized because his team did not earn the right to play in January.
I am trying to remember the game early in the year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was against St Louis in week 4. Willis was out and Bowman DOMINATED ... wreaked havoc and took over the game. Didn't have a lot of tackles, but two sacks and a forced fumble if I remember right. Without Willis he stepped it up a shined brighter than ever. If the voters can remember that game it will help.

Still, that guy is in on EVERY play. If you ever heard the Bucs play by play on the radio, then you would be very impressed with Davids game. And that Defense isn't that bad.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Still, that guy is in on EVERY play. If you ever heard the Bucs play by play on the radio, then you would be very impressed with Davids game. And that Defense isn't that bad.

Bowman in the MAN
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Bowman deserves to be top 5, but no way he deserves the award this year. Imo Quinn is #1 and Lavonte David is #2 right now.
Share 49ersWebzone