LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 328 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

There was a demolition this morning of the grandstands at Hollywood race Park in Inglewood. They're clearing a huge area for a giant sports and entertainment complex including an 80,000-seat state of the art NFL stadium which is being headed up by the Rams owner. Looks like LA is getting a jump on St. Louis to build a spankin' brand-new stadium for the Rams.
Here's the link.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-hollywood-park-grandstands-imploded-nfl-stadium-20150531-story.html
And that "thing" St. Louis is building only makes people excited if they live in the midwest and have never seen the real world.

This is about to be true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0Dqn4eI5E
[ Edited by RedAlice on May 31, 2015 at 12:11 PM ]
jrg gets to see the Niners one last time for $5 front row tickets
you going to st. louis?
As much as the St. Louis fans hate me, I am likely one of the only fans who actually goes to that place to watch my babies play.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by crake49:
I'm surprised when I hear people questioning whether or not there is a following in the LA area. The LA Rams were the first NFL team on the West Coast and they were there for something like 50 years before the Niners pretty much ran them out of the state. I think there would be a lot of excitement about that team back in it's original home.

The Rams moved to LA from Cleveland in 1946
The 49ers joined the NFL in 1950

Where the hell did you get a difference of 50 years from? lol

Right. When I re-read my post, I can see that it's confusing. What I meant was that the Rams were in LA for 50 years until the Niners ran them out of the state. The reason I said that is support for the Rams in SoCal was declining for years as a result of the Niners beating them over and over throughout the 80's and early '90's. And that declining support was one of the reasons Frontieri was able to take the team to St. Louis. For example, I went to a Rams game down south in 1990, and it seemed like there were more Niner fans in the stands than Rams fans.
A large part of the Rams losing the support they once held in LA was moving the home games to Anaheim. Despite what people outside of Southern California think, locally there is a key difference between "LA" and "Orange County", especially when it comes to sports teams. It's true of baseball (Dodgers vs. Angels), hockey (Kings vs. Ducks) and it was true of the NFL once the Raiders filled the LA proper void in the 80s.
Right. When I re-read my post, I can see that it's confusing. What I meant was that the Rams were in LA for 50 years until the Niners ran them out of the state. The reason I said that is support for the Rams in SoCal was declining for years as a result of the Niners beating them over and over throughout the 80's and early '90's. And that declining support was one of the reasons Frontieri was able to take the team to St. Louis. For example, I went to a Rams game down south in 1990, and it seemed like there were more Niner fans in the stands than Rams fans.

I knew what you meant.

There are many things that can be said about those last years, and I have not heard a single good thing from any Rams fan.

Also, Crake - can't member which site, but you are being quoted by one of the STL sites. I was surprised when I saw your nic.
Originally posted by captveg:
A large part of the Rams losing the support they once held in LA was moving the home games to Anaheim. Despite what people outside of Southern California think, locally there is a key difference between "LA" and "Orange County", especially when it comes to sports teams. It's true of baseball (Dodgers vs. Angels), hockey (Kings vs. Ducks) and it was true of the NFL once the Raiders filled the LA proper void in the 80s.

This can not be said enough. Unless you live around here, you don't get it either.

SoCal is not one big happy area of LA, the OC and San Diego.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jun 2, 2015 at 6:43 PM ]

Originally posted by RedAlice:
I knew what you meant.

There are many things that can be said about those last years, and I have not heard a single good thing from any Rams fan.

Also, Crake - can't member which site, but you are being quoted by one of the STL sites. I was surprised when I saw your nic.

How funny. Thanks for that. They hate me, right?

The thing is, they actually had a very good team in the late 80's and early 90's. They were just unfortunate enough to be in the same division with that particular Niner team which was off the charts special.
[ Edited by crake49 on Jun 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM ]
How funny. Thanks for that. They hate me, right?

The thing is, they actually had a very good team in the late 80's and early 90's. They were just unfortunate enough to be in the same division with that particular Niner team which was off the charts special.

Yes, they were hating on you. I can't even remember what you said they used as an example: but, keep on doing it! It's pretty easy to get an STL fan upset anyway, they have such a small time in history that they recognize and it's not been good. (except for our beloved GSOT!)

Imagine if you only could love your team's history for a part of it. That must so suck.

As an update: today the NFL LA Committee (6 NFL owners) met with the Rams owner (Kroenke) and the Raiders/Chargers owners (Davis/Spanos) and their small supporting teams to discuss the two LA stadium projects.

Lotsa leaks from the meeting. Next meeting is the full 32 owners on August 11 at a special owners meeting called to discuss Los Angeles and the 3 teams, 4 cities.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jun 10, 2015 at 11:51 PM ]
Don Muret ‏@breakground 7h7 hours ago
#Niners owner Jed York at #sbjsff: One to two #NFLinLA teams will be playing in temporary venues in 2016. #Inglewood shovel ready.

Do you as 49er fans think your owner will vote for the Charger/Raider stadium in Carson, or the Rams and a second (Charger or Raider) team in Inglewood?

No one knows how it will go yet, but it will be decided by the vote from the 32 owners.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Don Muret ‏@breakground 7h7 hours ago
#Niners owner Jed York at #sbjsff: One to two #NFLinLA teams will be playing in temporary venues in 2016. #Inglewood shovel ready.

Do you as 49er fans think your owner will vote for the Charger/Raider stadium in Carson, or the Rams and a second (Charger or Raider) team in Inglewood?

No one knows how it will go yet, but it will be decided by the vote from the 32 owners.

I think he'll vote the rams to LA for the travel benefits for the 49ers. Other than that, no clue. I guess it would benefit him if the raiders left the bay area in the casual fan department, so maybe he'd vote for them to join the rams in their stadium.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think he'll vote the rams to LA for the travel benefits for the 49ers. Other than that, no clue. I guess it would benefit him if the raiders left the bay area in the casual fan department, so maybe he'd vote for them to join the rams in their stadium.

Ok, we both agree he could go either way:

Only two choices: Rams or Chargers. Can I make a fun poll?
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jun 13, 2015 at 1:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone