There are 110 users in the forums

Per Webzone, Lions in, Pats out, as Super Bowl favorites!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
“What up Twitter fam,” Suh told his followers on Sunday. “Last night was a lot of fun beating up on the Brady Bunch. I think we played pretty well as a team. It’s a good start, happy with where we’re at right now but never satisfied and looking for more.”

Man maybe the Lions are my 2nd team now lol
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I feel like a lot of people are missing the OP's point....

I think his point is offbase though. A healthy Lion team can do this to the Pats in the regular season and in the playoffs too.

So...super bowl favorites?

Detroit is on the up and up and they've looked the part, and while they're not Super Bowl favorites they can do that to the Pats in the regular and in the post season if they're healthy. They're a talented football team.

Best case scenario we're the best team in a sh*tty division and so far that looks pretty accurate too.

If Detroit beat NE in week 1 it's still ridiculous to say Super Bowl favorites. I get it's just a joke, but a not a very good one.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Detroit is on the up and up and they've looked the part, and while they're not Super Bowl favorites they can do that to the Pats in the regular and in the post season if they're healthy. They're a talented football team.

Best case scenario we're the best team in a sh*tty division and so far that looks pretty accurate too.

If Detroit beat NE in week 1 it's still ridiculous to say Super Bowl favorites. I get it's just a joke, but a not a very good one.

Agree to disagree then. I think that his point was apropos in light of the wild vascillations of Niner Talk.

And I agree with you that the Loins will be vastly improved this year. That D Line is scary!
its about time the Lions cashed in on all that talent, they just gotta keep stafford healthy
Originally posted by Paul:

Dude is going to change the Franchise

Who is that beast of a lineman? That was quite illegal the whole almost ripping off the head thing but the niners would use a guy like that on the line.
Pats , you're fu*king out!
Lions are going to be a good team this year
and the Browns
Suh vs Iupati =

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Paul:

Dude is going to change the Franchise

Who is that beast of a lineman? That was quite illegal the whole almost ripping off the head thing but the niners would use a guy like that on the line.

You know not the Suh?
It's no surprise that the Lions defense suddenly looks so much better and the Titans defense has regressed so horribly since Schwartz left. He is making that Detroit team ferocious. With a healthy Stafford, the Lions.. believe it or not and as weird as it may sound.. are a playoff-caliber team in terms of talent.
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's no surprise that the Lions defense suddenly looks so much better and the Titans defense has regressed so horribly since Schwartz left. He is making that Detroit team ferocious. With a healthy Stafford, the Lions.. believe it or not and as weird as it may sound.. are a playoff-caliber team in terms of talent.

It is not weird at all. They have the talent. As always, playoff teams are the healthy teams. Stafford has targets and that defense will mess with some teams.
I think they get 2nd in the NFC north behind Green Bay, if everyone stays healthy. I think Hill would still keep them in the race though. They are why we must win the division for any hope at the playoffs.

I do not think however that they could do that to the Patriots in the real season.
preseason!
Share 49ersWebzone