There are 110 users in the forums

Peyton Manning signs 5 yr $90 million deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
5 yrs 90 mill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6817822/sources-indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-gets-five-year-90-million-deal

Manning got his wish. He has agreed to a five-year deal for $90 million, or $18 million a year -- equal to what New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is making, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen Saturday.

[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:26:04 ]
dammit i wanted us to get him in 5..4...3..
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
5 yrs 90 mill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6817822/sources-indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-gets-five-year-90-million-deal

Manning got his wish. He has agreed to a five-year deal for $90 million, or $18 million a year -- equal to what New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is making, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen Saturday.

I remember a few years ago everyone was talking about how Brady had a lower contract than he should and how he was willing to get paid less so the team can sign other talent. Well, 5 years and $90 million doesn't strike me as someone taking a pay cut to help the team.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it - they do - but LOL @ the media a few years ago on Brady's sack.
There goes our shot of getting him
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
There goes our shot of getting him

Here's a question, you're a HOF QB of your team and you've made already millions of dollars. Do you force a salary that eats up 15% of the teams salary cap or do you just take something a little bit on the lower end (say average of top 10) so that your team still has funds to pursue FAs? Why?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Here's a question, you're a HOF QB of your team and you've made already millions of dollars. Do you force a salary that eats up 15% of the teams salary cap or do you just take something a little bit on the lower end (say average of top 10) so that your team still has funds to pursue FAs? Why?

-9fA

Lombardi said they were offering him up to 23 mill peryear, and he took 18 instead for that reason
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Lombardi said they were offering him up to 23 mill peryear, and he took 18 instead for that reason

Oh, I didn't know that. How generous of Peyton!

-9fA
www.NFL.com
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone know if we were interested!!

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Most extraordinary part of Mannning's 18-mill avg deal is he pushed to be paid slightly less than Brady but @JimIrsay wouldn't hear it
I think we might have crossed his mind as a potential landing spot.

[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Jul 30, 2011 at 13:17:06 ]
I heard the Niners offered more, but he wanted to play for a contender.
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Most extraordinary part of Mannning's 18-mill avg deal is he pushed to be paid slightly less than Brady but @JimIrsay wouldn't hear it

Class act!
Share 49ersWebzone