There are 383 users in the forums

Why does everyone want Kolb?

Shop 49ers game tickets
it's because most people are idiots who think that real life is like madden and you can just plug anyone in at QB or anywhere else and their ratings stay the same.

it's the same reason people think if we drafted erron rodgers he would be the same qb he is in green bay.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Cause it do taste good width buhdda!

Some ole gweens and corn on da kolb, wubbed width buhdda, oh damn yes! Top dat off width fat slab of dat good ole slab a meat, regular as a baby, no more dingleberry
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Cause it do taste good width buhdda!

Some ole gweens and corn on da kolb, wubbed width buhdda, oh damn yes! Top dat off width fat slab of dat good ole slab a meat, regular as a baby, no more dingleberry

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cuz Andy Ried believes in him and Andy Ried ain't no fool.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
it's because most people are idiots who think that real life is like madden and you can just plug anyone in at QB or anywhere else and their ratings stay the same.

it's the same reason people think if we drafted erron rodgers he would be the same qb he is in green bay.

I have heard this weak ass argument for years

The argument that Rodgers would have failed in SF under the same circumstances is just a flat out terrible argument.
1) In order for that to be true, Rodgers and Smith would have to essentially be the same person, but they clearly aren't. Anybody who followed the draft in 2005 will know that as fact.
2) Could have Rodgers failed like Smith if he was drafted by the 49ers? Maybe or maybe not. But to say that he would have only failed is illogical.

Anyway, many of the fanboys still think Smith hasn't failed at all, so how can anybody say WITH CERTAINTY that Rodgers would have met the same fate?
Originally posted by DesiDez:

The argument that Rodgers would have failed in SF under the same circumstances is just a flat out terrible argument.
1) In order for that to be true, Rodgers and Smith would have to essentially be the same person, but they clearly aren't. Anybody who followed the draft in 2005 will know that as fact.
2) Could have Rodgers failed like Smith if he was drafted by the 49ers? Maybe or maybe not. But to say that he would have only failed is illogical.

Anyway, many of the fanboys still think Smith hasn't failed at all, so how can anybody say WITH CERTAINTY that Rodgers would have met the same fate?

oh i didn't say he would be the same qb as alex smith. but he also wouldn't be the same qb as the one that is in green bay. you still don't get the value of consistency within the offense and being able to sit and learn rather than being pushed out there immediately year 1. maybe rodgers would still be good, he'd probably be at least better than alex smith which isn't hard, but he wouldn't have the same system or the best set of receivers in the league learning from a hall of famer for 3 years.

if you dispute that i have to question if you know anything about football.
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
I dont want Kolb. I WANT Tebow. I'll take Mcnabb, I'll settle for Palmer.

Kolb = Would be good if we had a West Coast Offense. Hasn't had a chance to prove himself, but the couple games I've seen of him, he looks like he could be a good QB.
Tebow = Project. Alex is a better QB at this stage in their careers.
McNabb = Never been that impressed with him. Above-average QB with playoff experience though.
Palmer = Solid QB, but after his injury, he hasn't been the elite QB he was shaping up to be.

All of them except Tebow would be considered upgrades. However, I'm wary of McNabb and Palmer. They don't have staggering numbers with good supporting casts. What'll they do when they come to San Francisco, where they have a weaker supporting cast?

I'd rather take my chances grooming a young QB into the offense.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

I think Rodgers would've struggled as much as Alex had initially, but I think eventually he would've gotten it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Alex's career when he goes elsewhere... especially if he just sits as a backup to an established QB for a few years, and then takes over. At around 29, 30... he could potentially perform at a high-level. Lame that it took 9 years, but he was terribly mismanaged in San Francisco.
alex had a chance to be successful if he went to the perfect situation. the niners have ruined him now. he will never amount to anything in this league but a backup. he'll have a decent backup career because as he has shown he can have a good quarter here, a good game there, but no ones going to give him a starting job again.
I believe it's because Kolb is one of the highest-rated backup QBs on Madden. Same reason why everyone wants Cowher, Holmgren, or Gruden.

Because it's a delicious summer treat.

Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
I believe it's because Kolb is one of the highest-rated backup QBs on Madden. Same reason why everyone wants Cowher, Holmgren, or Gruden.

Cowher, Holmgren and Gruden are in Madden?
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

Cowher, Holmgren and Gruden are in Madden?

I don't know. I stopped playing that game some years ago. Don't they still have coaches?
alex had a chance to be successful if he went to the perfect situation. the niners have ruined him now. he will never amount to anything in this league but a backup. he'll have a decent backup career because as he has shown he can have a good quarter here, a good game there, but no ones going to give him a starting job again.

I'm sure that Tampa Bay said the same thing right before they traded Steve Young away. You can't always go off of the past. Like I have said, every QB is the product of a system. Right now Alex Smith is the product of a system that doesn't match his strengths.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Cuz Andy Ried believes in him and Andy Ried ain't no fool.

This is the single biggest reason why I would love to have Kolb on the Niners. Andy Reid and Eagles front office (best in the business, imo) traded McNabb to the division rival because they think Kolb can be a top QB in this league.
Share 49ersWebzone