LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 625 users in the forums

Larry Fitzgerald could be out of AZ after 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Contract voids, can't be franchised, no QB to speak of

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/08/larry-fitzgeralds-future-could-be-tied-to-max-hall/
he will be a New England Patriot
get him here
Originally posted by valrod33:

I think that's true. Which will suck b/c he will put up numbers so ridiculous it will be scary. Could contend with Jerry numbers if he ends up there and Brady stays strong.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

I think that's true. Which will suck b/c he will put up numbers so ridiculous it will be scary. Could contend with Jerry numbers if he ends up there and Brady stays strong.

If Moss ain't near Jerry's numbers, no way Larry gets there.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
get him here
Originally posted by Ajanke:

How many more TDs does he need? 150?
Good news.

Nate Clements will probably be let go unless he takes a pay cut. The hole in our secondary would look less exposed with no Fitzgerald.

Unless Seattle throws a lot of cash at him.
Cut some high-priced players *cough* Clements *cough* and throw as much $$$$ as possible to sign Fitz. Then, look for a QB in FA or draft since neither A. Smith nor Carr has what it takes to get the job done.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 8, 2010 at 13:49:44 ]
we will give them Rachel and a franchise QB in alex smith, ohh and a gamebreaking reciever in Jason Hill

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
get him here

That sounds great, but if he is going to leave AZ because of their qb situation, it sure as hell doesnt make a lot of sense to come to SF now does it?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
get him here

That sounds great, but if he is going to leave AZ because of their qb situation, it sure as hell doesnt make a lot of sense to come to SF now does it?

Hopefully we'll have a better QB by then - even if it is a rookie. But I don't see him coming here.

I thought Fitz was very loyal to the Cards.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
get him here

Hopefully we'll have a better QB by then - even if it is a rookie. But I don't see him coming here.

I thought Fitz was very loyal to the Cards.

-9fA

He was...when Warner was there.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Why would Fitz stay? SUcky QB, they won't have that high of a pick in the draft. Im thinking they win 6 or 7 games. Thus outside the top 10. Won't be enough to persuade Fitz to stay.
He's not coming here, that's for sure. He'll probably go to either the pats or colts, or some other elite franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone