LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 284 users in the forums

Trade For Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
A.Smith > Rothlesburger

In what what...the worst facial hair contest? Yeah I'd probably give him that.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
id look into Michael "Dawg Pound" Vick before cheeseburger. Vick would be a great QB to build a WCO around while we develop a young prospect to take his place in a couple years.

A quarterback who completes 50% of his passes is a good fit for the West Coast offense?

Let's wait to see what he does in Philly, because I'm not buying him right now.

atleast vick can save himself when s**t goes down with protection. and hes got a cannon. he didnt exactly have the best receivers during his career either u know. not saying hes ever gonna win a passing title but as a short term stop gap while we groom a top QB prospect i wouldnt mind. we have 3 RBs who can catch and run and Vick is probably still the most dynamic QB in the league so i dont see why not.

Vick's the most dynamic runner at QB. He's not the most dynamic QB in the league by a long shot. We'll know what's in the tank after the end of the year (I don't want to completely dismiss him just yet), but no way do you take him over Big Ben. Big Ben takes on and defeats elite defenses every year. Once Vick is contained into a pocket he's screwed.

teams have to game plan a special way for Vick. his speed has to be accounted for, that in itself is a dangerous weapon that would free up receivers for him to hit with the deep ball. with Gore and Westbrook as split backs and Vick at QB, VD Crabs and Morgan thats a huge headache for any DC to deal with. he has a cannon for an arm as well and his improve skills are better than any other QB in the league. Big Ben doesnt do it on his own, pitt is primarily a running team and ben isnt even gauranteed a starting job when he gets back on his own team. id take him over Ben and i wouldnt even think twice about it.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I just wanna win. but not with this guy. If alex fails ( i hope he won't) then lets get a proven veteran or a talented rookie to throw to the weapons we got.

This is least thought involved statement on team forums. it is frustrating to read over and over.

Just where exactly are we going to bring in a "Proven Veteran" from? If you haven;t noticed this is a QB driven league and teams don't just let "Proven Veterans" walk around unsigned......

At least use some thought.

we could of had Donavan Mcnabb. we have to trade and be willing to trade alot.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I just wanna win. but not with this guy. If alex fails ( i hope he won't) then lets get a proven veteran or a talented rookie to throw to the weapons we got.

This is least thought involved statement on team forums. it is frustrating to read over and over.

Just where exactly are we going to bring in a "Proven Veteran" from? If you haven;t noticed this is a QB driven league and teams don't just let "Proven Veterans" walk around unsigned......

At least use some thought.

we could of had Donavan Mcnabb. we have to trade and be willing to trade alot.

Yeah, teams don't often just trade away starting quarterbacks, especially good ones. Besides, trading for a good quarterback costs a lot, and crummy teams can't afford to do that.
id look into Michael "Dawg Pound" Vick before cheeseburger. Vick would be a great QB to build a WCO around while we develop a young prospect to take his place in a couple years.

A quarterback who completes 50% of his passes is a good fit for the West Coast offense?

atleast vick can save himself when s**t goes down with protection. and hes got a cannon. he didnt exactly have the best receivers during his career either u know. not saying hes ever gonna win a passing title but as a short term stop gap while we groom a top QB prospect i wouldnt mind. we have 3 RBs who can catch and run and Vick is probably still the most dynamic QB in the league so i dont see why not.

Vick's the most dynamic runner at QB. He's not the most dynamic QB in the league by a long shot. We'll know what's in the tank after the end of the year (I don't want to completely dismiss him just yet), but no way do you take him over Big Ben. Big Ben takes on and defeats elite defenses every year. Once Vick is contained into a pocket he's screwed.

teams have to game plan a special way for Vick. his speed has to be accounted for, that in itself is a dangerous weapon that would free up receivers for him to hit with the deep ball. with Gore and Westbrook as split backs and Vick at QB, VD Crabs and Morgan thats a huge headache for any DC to deal with. he has a cannon for an arm as well and his improve skills are better than any other QB in the league. Big Ben doesnt do it on his own, pitt is primarily a running team and ben isnt even gauranteed a starting job when he gets back on his own team. id take him over Ben and i wouldnt even think twice about it.

You don't honestly buy that speech from Tomlin do you? He's not going to pull the rug from under Dixon like that. It's obvious come week 6 Big Ben is their man.

Pittsburgh was a primary run team. Starting in the playoffs of their Super Bowl run they became a passing team. Look at the stats.

As for Vick you can't tell me that a QB with a 50% accuracy is the most talented QB. It's just not the case. For of all his talents his team missed out on the playoffs his last 2 years of starting football. Yeah the receivers would be freed up, but unfortunately Vick's unaccurate @ss is still going to miss them in single coverage.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 19, 2010 at 11:08:57 ]

You don't honestly buy that speech from Tomlin do you? He's not going to pull the rug from under Dixon like that. It's obvious come week 6 Big Ben is their man.

Pittsburgh was a primary run team. Starting in the playoffs of their Super Bowl run they became a passing team. Look at the stats.

As for Vick you can't tell me that a QB with a 50% accuracy is the most talented QB. It's just not the case. For of all his talents his team missed out on the playoffs his last 2 years of starting football. Yeah the receivers would be freed up, but unfortunately Vick's unaccurate @ss is still going to miss them in single coverage.

i didnt say he was the most talented, if you read what i said i was talking about his improvisational skills when things break down. did u watch the game today? he tore them to pieces and the threat of him running freed up mccoy to have a monster day on the ground. Vick>Cheeseburger. all day, everyday, twice on sundays.

i didnt say he was the most talented, if you read what i said i was talking about his improvisational skills when things break down. did u watch the game today? he tore them to pieces and the threat of him running freed up mccoy to have a monster day on the ground. Vick>Cheeseburger. all day, everyday, twice on sundays.

I watched the game. In fact because I live in a Detroit market I've watched Detroit play for the past 5 years. I know exactly how bad that defense is.

Let's rehash this debate when Vick starts going against division foes.

I watched the game. In fact because I live in a Detroit market I've watched Detroit play for the past 5 years. I know exactly how bad that defense is.

theyre probably gonna start kolb next week so i dont think were gonna see it unfortunately. point is they had a week to game plan for vick and they sgtill couldnt stop him. the lions D didnt do too bad last week against the bears, cutler had all kinds of yards but the score was pretty low but this week they were demolished by Vick and the eagles and i think the bears offense is way more dangerous.

theyre probably gonna start kolb next week so i dont think were gonna see it unfortunately. point is they had a week to game plan for vick and they sgtill couldnt stop him. the lions D didnt do too bad last week against the bears, cutler had all kinds of yards but the score was pretty low but this week they were demolished by Vick and the eagles and i think the bears offense is way more dangerous.

The Bears carved the Lions up. They had 463 yards of offense and the only reason why they only scored 19 was because of the 3 fumbles and the goal line stand.

Vick will get another oppurtunity with the Eagles. Maybe not next week but he'll get more chances this year.

The Bears carved the Lions up. They had 463 yards of offense and the only reason why they only scored 19 was because of the 3 fumbles and the goal line stand.

Vick will get another oppurtunity with the Eagles. Maybe not next week but he'll get more chances this year.

well detroit had something to do with those turnovers man. Vick will only play if kolb sucks or is hurt. im not talking about his retarded cameo appearances in the wildcat. u cant expect much out of someone when they play on or two snaps a half. hes gotta be in the game. i hope they stay with him and our new HC and OC go after him in the offseason. ooops did i say that out loud? lol

well detroit had something to do with those turnovers man. Vick will only play if kolb sucks or is hurt.
im not talking about his retarded cameo appearances in the wildcat. u cant expect much out of someone when they play on or two snaps a half. hes gotta be in the game. i hope they stay with him and our new HC and OC go after him in the offseason. ooops did i say that out loud? lol

I was going for that angle, not the wildcat stuff.

well detroit had something to do with those turnovers man. Vick will only play if kolb sucks or is hurt.
im not talking about his retarded cameo appearances in the wildcat. u cant expect much out of someone when they play on or two snaps a half. hes gotta be in the game. i hope they stay with him and our new HC and OC go after him in the offseason. ooops did i say that out loud? lol

I was going for that angle, not the wildcat stuff.

we shall see. i would start him next week after a performance like that but i can see why reid would want to put kolb back in there so he doesnt stir s**t up and mess with his future everyday QBs head.
Share 49ersWebzone