LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 215 users in the forums

Russell Okung holdout

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anybody think he's gonna pull a Crabtree? Pete Carroll has already called him out which is a dumb move, If he does, get ready to end Hasselbeck's carrer week 1

[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Aug 4, 2010 at 10:04:54 ]
I hope he holds out for a long time
Originally posted by teeohh:
Other than Davis and Iupati, Okung was the only other OL that Singletary/Baalke were interested in drafting in the first round, IIRC. So, if he's as talented as I think he is...here's to wishing that Okung holds out LONGER than Crabtree did.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Other than Davis and Iupati, Okung was the only other OL that Singletary/Baalke were interested in drafting in the first round, IIRC. So, if he's as talented as I think he is...here's to wishing that Okung holds out LONGER than Crabtree did.

i wouldnt have minded trading up for him lol this guy has so little weakneses and so many strengths
just want to see him hold out long enough to ineffective in week 1, so when we play seattle their rookie struggles and our 2 lineman play much better since they were in on time

if he wasnt signed by week 1
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Even if he signs and starts week one vs. us, Justin Smith will still destroy him.
There isn't a lot of info out there about what the issue is. I have read that five years versus a six year contract is the problem. I have read that guranteed money may be the issue. I have also heard that his agent is trying to get him more money than Berry got because he feels that LT is more important than Safety. No idea when this will be resolved.

Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
There isn't a lot of info out there about what the issue is. I have read that five years versus a six year contract is the problem. I have read that guranteed money may be the issue. I have also heard that his agent is trying to get him more money than Berry got because he feels that LT is more important than Safety. No idea when this will be resolved.

who is his agent?
Holdout baby!!!!
I posted this in the NFC West news thread but its a good read about the situation.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Awesome news, he should sit out the entire 2010 season and re enter the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone