Shaun Hill appreciation thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
THANKS FOR NOTHING! DOUCHE!

Just made this in photoshop last night thanks for giving me a chance to use it

Edit: Sweet dammit I can't get it to show up...look for a funny Alex Smith YOU MAD pic coming soon

Edit:

lol. Just the fact that you took the time, at home, to make this makes it hilarious.

i just downloaded photoshop so i'll be posting in the parking lot photoshop thread here soon...i created an account on tinypic but i i can't get the pics to post in the zone is there a better site?

Photobucket is easy. not sure if it's any better.
Thanks Shuan,

For showing us what a REAL NFL arm looks like. Thanks to your duck/pie throwing skills, Alex looks like Peyton out there.

going to miss you noodle arm ! loved your play hated your arm for not being strong !
Who has the Shaun Hill pie throwing picture? I wanna see that its hilarious!
The previous two seasons would have been a lot more painful without Hill. I have no doubt that Smith should be the starter (I thought that during camp) but Hill has made a great contribution to the Niners which I have appreciated.
I will always appreciate the hell out of any player who is contributing more then he is paid.

Shaun Hill was never the highest paid QB on the Niners roster, yet he manned the ship for a long time.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

that face says it all
  • TimMcdonald46
  • Info N/A
I absolutely appreciate Shaun Hill!!!

He played his heart out and was instrumental in getting us back to normalcy. I guarantee Smith is a better QB because of him!

Last thought... I actually think he fits best in a martz or west coast system. Just put it this way, could you see him running the charger offense?

Hes better with 3 or 4 receiver sets and an offense that allows him to throw a lot to his RB's.

Thanks for giving it your best
good job on the run you had Shaun..... hopefully you bought enough time for Alex to really find his potential.

• Mex49
I wish I was cashing his paychecks
We all knew the time would come when defenses figured Shaun out, but he's still a solid backup and someone that can scrap some wins out for us when duty calls. It's a little surreal seeing Smith in the starting lineup again, we'll see if he can use the rest of this season to prove he belongs there.
He makes the average joe feel he can do anything. Hill's the man. Bad arm or not.
Originally posted by Niner4Life209:
First off, Hill is not a horrible QB. I've always felt Hill should have started last season over JTO and this season as well because he did such a great job last season. You have to look at a few things here as to why Hill was so eneffecitve this season. For one, last season we had Mike Martz(pass,pass, pass, run, pass pass pass). This season we have Jimmy Raye(run the same predicable play,run the same predicable play,O shoot its 3rd and long Pass,run the same predicable play,run the same predicable play, O Shoot were down and its the fourth quarter). You get the picture? Point is Hill did good when he was given the oppurtunity to make plays. Just look at some of the first four games, we ran, ran, ran and got nothing(execpt vs seatle) and when they finally put there faith in Hill to pass the ball he got it done.
Now I take nothing away from Smith because man he looked good in that second half, how ever, I think if Hill was given the oppurtunity to run the spread offense that second half he would have done as good as Smith. Though, I do gotta say Smith looked WAY more accurate than Hill did.

You need a strong armed QB for the spread and Hill doesn't have one so I don't see how he could do as well as Alex with it.

A good reason why Raye didn't run it with Hill in there.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
He did what he could, he gave us some football games last year, and made it interesting, things didn't go great for him this year, and Alex looks like the better QB. Keep him as our back up.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone