LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 286 users in the forums

Did anyone hear Adam Shefter?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hear me out. With our receiving corps in the state that it is, I don't see how we could hurt our situation by trading for Brandon Marshall. Would either of our first round picks amount to a player of his caliber? A number one receiver in Denver last year. Say we get him, this is what our depth chart would look like.

Brandon Marshall
Josh Morgan
Isaac Bruce
Brandon Jones
He Who Shall Not Be Named
Arnaz Battle
Dominique Zeigler
Jason Hill

Obviously, someone here would be cut. But that wouldn't be such a bad thing. On the other hand, our two first round picks could net us a pass rusher and the nose tackle we always wanted. Hmm...do you think Denver would take a 2nd round pick for him? What's his contract status? I know he wants a new one. I guess the contract would have to be redone prior to the trade. This would give us a true number one receiver. And Crabtree would know we're moving on with or without him.
[ Edited by Psinex on Aug 22, 2009 at 1:06 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran

(we already had a thread like this)
  • Black59Razor
  • Info N/A
Ooh...I Farted...
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Ooh...I Farted...

I sharted
There was already a post like this and it was locked. It is a miracle that this thread has survived this long.
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
come on lock it up ibtl
Apparently he really really wants out. I know we're pretty deep at the WR spot but I think it would be worth it to give up the rights to Crabtree for him, at least he shows up to practice. I also think Singletary would be great for his personality type seeing as it resembles that of the great Vernon Davis.

What do you guys think though?
Not another one...
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Apparently he really really wants out. I know we're pretty deep at the WR spot but I think it would be worth it to give up the rights to Crabtree for him, at least he shows up to practice. I also think Singletary would be great for his personality type seeing as it resembles that of the great Vernon Davis.

What do you guys think though?

We cant trade Crabtree the deadline past.
  • Nyner
no room for anymore wr's....Got all we can handle.

Wouldn't be too difficult to move Hill or Jones for him. Has this question been asked before? Some of you seem annoyed by the notion of someone asking this.
i don't want that a*****e on my team
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Wouldn't be too difficult to move Hill or Jones for him. Has this question been asked before? Some of you seem annoyed by the notion of someone asking this.

Yes, it's been asked many times.
IBTL
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by pwilly52:
IBTL

Thats real mature.
Share 49ersWebzone