There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carolina Panthers watch

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I hate to say this but....Lets go dallas!!!



You are rootin for the panthers to lose, never say lets go......im not even gonna say it, dont say what you said up there.

I was talking about the Dallas.....Mavericks.

I am neither a left wing commie or a right wing facist-I'm a moderate as such I will do what is in the best interest of the team and that is to root for the hated enemy this monday night and that is the cowgirls-but just this one night.

I wish the panther's didn't have a bye-they may be reeling if they lose to the cowboys who are hopefully pissed after embarassed by the giants in their gala home opener. The bye might help them get their head straight.

However, I don't want the top pick #1, if we do trade down but stay in the top 10, then hopefully use it to create more number ones by wheeling and dealing. If we are lucky we get rid of crap and get at least a number one for hime to and also the tamper charges proves true and we maybe switch a number two for their number one or get their number one outright.

I remember a lot of people saying we lost value when we traded our number two for this number one-well looks like the stock market may crash on that so called guru-hehe. BTW who did the panthers draft with this pick and is he doing any good right now.
Sun. Sept. 13 PHILADELPHIA L
Sun. Sept. 20 at Atlanta L
Mon. Sept. 28 at Dallas Loss
Sun. Oct. 4 BYE
Sun. Oct. 11 WASHINGTON Win
Sun. Oct. 18 at Tampa Bay Loss
Sun. Oct. 25 BUFFALO Win
Sun. Nov. 1 at Arizona Loss
Sun. Nov. 8 at New Orleans Loss
Sun. Nov. 15 ATLANTA Loss
Thu. Nov. 19 MIAMI Win
Sun. Nov. 29 at N.Y. Jets Loss
Sun. Dec. 6 TAMPA BAY Win
Sun. Dec. 13 at New England Loss
Sun. Dec. 20 MINNESOTA Loss
Sun. Dec. 27 at N.Y. Giants Loss
Sun. Jan. 3 NEW ORLEANS Loss

Wow 4-12 would be a decent season... could be worse if they implode haha. This is awesome.
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by Nuns:
I would be horrified if they handed us the number 1 pick overall. Too much guaranteed money for a possible bust. Even if this player pans out, you are paying too much (ie Tyson Jackson getting top 3 money for his position and Stafford making more money than Brady).

I'm hoping for a 7-9 finish and a 10-15 pick. The 9ers will still have a shot at a talented player for a more reasonable price tag. This draft is deep and there should be someone to get excited about in this range.

I don't know how hard it would be to trade out if Carolina got a first pick. It's hard to say know if someone is really going to after Bradford especially with McCoy (even that only someone jumping from 4 to 1), possibly the UW QB, etc coming out. Could see a lot of QBs going early.

I hope we get the highest pick possible... top 5 picks get paid a lot, but the higher the pick the better chance for a better player. Specifically, our choice at QB. Now, once the players are known, we may not care too much about the difference in talent from 3rd to 12th. But the worse the Panthers do, the better our trade value in the very least.
We have plenty of room to pay a top 5 pick. Hell ouor first rounder from last year isn't signed nor did we have to pay a 2nd rounder last year. Plus our big free agent (Starks) retired. We got plenty of money!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by miked1978:
We have plenty of room to pay a top 5 pick. Hell ouor first rounder from last year isn't signed nor did we have to pay a 2nd rounder last year. Plus our big free agent (Starks) retired. We got plenty of money!!!

You mean Marvel Smith right??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by miked1978:
We have plenty of room to pay a top 5 pick. Hell ouor first rounder from last year isn't signed nor did we have to pay a 2nd rounder last year. Plus our big free agent (Starks) retired. We got plenty of money!!!
You mean Marvel Smith right??


yea he must mean smith. but he has a point. and jed already said that we have room to trade picks for players or sign high picks on knbr a while ago.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by miked1978:
We have plenty of room to pay a top 5 pick. Hell ouor first rounder from last year isn't signed nor did we have to pay a 2nd rounder last year. Plus our big free agent (Starks) retired. We got plenty of money!!!
You mean Marvel Smith right??


yea he must mean smith. but he has a point. and jed already said that we have room to trade picks for players or sign high picks on knbr a while ago.

Wouldn't mind seeing what we can get for our 2nd round pick.
I'm starting to get pretty damn happy about the potential for this pick. Can you imagine if it's a top 8...or top 5...or better?!

That'd be insane.

The possibilities of what to do with our 2 first rounders would be endless! A top QB, Eric Berry, trade down for more picks...all of these sound like awesome scenarios.

I'm so glad we made that trade. I can't believe there were some people who were trying to say that a 2nd round pick this year is worth more than a 1st round next year because you get a year of return...ok wth? I understand the logic but we're not talking about money here that you can invest.

Anyway, this upcoming Monday night I'm gonna be rooting for that team that plays in Texas not named the Texans...
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm starting to get pretty damn happy about the potential for this pick. Can you imagine if it's a top 8...or top 5...or better?! That'd be insane. The possibilities of what to do with our 2 first rounders would be endless! A top QB, Eric Berry, trade down for more picks...all of these sound like awesome scenarios. I'm so glad we made that trade. I can't believe there were some people who were trying to say that a 2nd round pick this year is worth more than a 1st round next year because you get a year of return...ok wth? I understand the logic but we're not talking about money here that you can invest. Anyway, this upcoming Monday night I'm gonna be rooting for that team that plays in Texas not named the Texans...


eric berry and ndamukong suh sound good? or berry, dez bryant, and sign casey hampton or wilfork in the offseason. or jake locker/sam bradford/snead/mccoy and then take trent williams the ot from oklahoma or the best ot available with our pick which is hopefully in the 20s. or maybe we get another first for crabtree through tampering or trade and get lafell, bryant, or benn. the possibilities are endless.
Q: If the Jake Delhomme situation continues to spiral out of control, what options do the Panthers really have this year or next year?

Drew in Asheville, N.C.

A: If the Delhomme situation spirals out of control, the Panthers must draft a quarterback next year. If it spirals out of control, the Panthers probably will be at the six-win level, which could get them a top-10 pick. In fact, even if they do make the playoffs, they should look to trade up in 2010 and grab one of the top quarterbacks. It's time.

-John Claytons mailbag question deal

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Q: If the Jake Delhomme situation continues to spiral out of control, what options do the Panthers really have this year or next year?

Drew in Asheville, N.C.

A: If the Delhomme situation spirals out of control, the Panthers must draft a quarterback next year. If it spirals out of control, the Panthers probably will be at the six-win level, which could get them a top-10 pick. In fact, even if they do make the playoffs, they should look to trade up in 2010 and grab one of the top quarterbacks. It's time.

-John Claytons mailbag question deal


uh, did they forget about our little trade?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Q: If the Jake Delhomme situation continues to spiral out of control, what options do the Panthers really have this year or next year?

Drew in Asheville, N.C.

A: If the Delhomme situation spirals out of control, the Panthers must draft a quarterback next year. If it spirals out of control, the Panthers probably will be at the six-win level, which could get them a top-10 pick. In fact, even if they do make the playoffs, they should look to trade up in 2010 and grab one of the top quarterbacks. It's time.

-John Claytons mailbag question deal


uh, did they forget about our little trade?

its not a protected type pick right? Like they do in the NBA, if so that sucks
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Q: If the Jake Delhomme situation continues to spiral out of control, what options do the Panthers really have this year or next year?

Drew in Asheville, N.C.

A: If the Delhomme situation spirals out of control, the Panthers must draft a quarterback next year. If it spirals out of control, the Panthers probably will be at the six-win level, which could get them a top-10 pick. In fact, even if they do make the playoffs, they should look to trade up in 2010 and grab one of the top quarterbacks. It's time.

-John Claytons mailbag question deal



lol they will have to wait until the second round, or give up a lot to move into the first round
Who is everyone rooting for on Monday night? I hate the Cowboys so I always like seeing them lose, but on the other hand, Carolina losing helps us get a better pick.

Hmm...