LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 274 users in the forums

Carolina Panthers watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Oh yeah, for all those Zoners up in arms for not drafting Everette Brown instead of trading the pick, he has exactly 1 tackle and zero sacks through 2 games.

Oh SNAP!
I'm going to say they end up giving us a top ten pick. Like you, I would love to see Eric Berry also on our squad. Either way as long as we can someone who will sign before the damn season is fine by me lol.

After our great season lol we should be in the early to mid 20's, hopefully, pick up another playmaker.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
I'm going to say they end up giving us a top ten pick. Like you, I would love to see Eric Berry also on our squad. Either way as long as we can someone who will sign before the damn season is fine by me lol.

After our great season lol we should be in the early to mid 20's, hopefully, pick up another playmaker.

although woudnt mind berry i honestly wouldnt mind getting an OT or mccoy (best DT in college)
top 10 pick next year here we go.
I'm just excited, the combinations we could have are mind boggling, i just hope we use both picks for 2 players instead of trying to move up for someone
They aren't going to go 0-16, but they have issues. Their d-line is decimated by injury especially at DT and they don't know which Delhomme will show up each week. Still, they have 2 good RB's, a great offensive line, Beason and Peppers. They should end up around the middle of the pack in the NFC. That will be a lot better for the Niners than the 12-4 Division Champs they were last year.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Its been well documented that they have the hardest schedule in the NFL this season and after looking at it, the only games they should enter as favorites is the two vs divisional rival Tampa Bay, and at home to Miami, Washington and maybe Buffalo. Aside from that it really is hard to pick any games you would honestly really back them. Given that they do have some considerable talent and there are suprising results in the NFL each and every week I am going for a fairly low 6/7 wins, giving the Niners a decent draft pick.

Sun. Sept. 13 PHILADELPHIA L
Sun. Sept. 20 at Atlanta L
Mon. Sept. 28 at Dallas
Sun. Oct. 4 BYE
Sun. Oct. 11 WASHINGTON
Sun. Oct. 18 at Tampa Bay
Sun. Oct. 25 BUFFALO
Sun. Nov. 1 at Arizona
Sun. Nov. 8 at New Orleans
Sun. Nov. 15 ATLANTA
Thu. Nov. 19 MIAMI
Sun. Nov. 29 at N.Y. Jets
Sun. Dec. 6 TAMPA BAY
Sun. Dec. 13 at New England
Sun. Dec. 20 MINNESOTA
Sun. Dec. 27 at N.Y. Giants
Sun. Jan. 3 NEW ORLEANS
[ Edited by Stuuk on Sep 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
4-12 to 6-10 is an ideal projection for them.

Top 8 pick for sure.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Top 8 pick for sure.

We better hope that if we land another top 10 pick that he actually wants to turn out for us this time or isn't represented by Eugene Parker or isn't a friend of Deion!

That's not too mch to ask, is it!?!?
Originally posted by GEEK:

Top 8 pick for sure.

I think top 10 pick for sure. Hope they crash and burn this season.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I would be horrified if they handed us the number 1 pick overall. Too much guaranteed money for a possible bust. Even if this player pans out, you are paying too much (ie Tyson Jackson getting top 3 money for his position and Stafford making more money than Brady).

I'm hoping for a 7-9 finish and a 10-15 pick. The 9ers will still have a shot at a talented player for a more reasonable price tag. This draft is deep and there should be someone to get excited about in this range.
[ Edited by Nuns on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Nuns:
I would be horrified if they handed us the number 1 pick overall. Too much guaranteed money for a possible bust. Even if this player pans out, you are paying too much (ie Tyson Jackson getting top 3 money for his position and Stafford making more money than Brady).

I'm hoping for a 7-9 finish and a 10-15 pick. The 9ers will still have a shot at a talented player for a more reasonable price tag. This draft is deep and there should be someone to get excited about in this range.

I don't know how hard it would be to trade out if Carolina got a first pick. It's hard to say know if someone is really going to after Bradford especially with McCoy (even that only someone jumping from 4 to 1), possibly the UW QB, etc coming out. Could see a lot of QBs going early.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I hate to say this but....Lets go dallas!!!

You are rootin for the panthers to lose, never say lets go......im not even gonna say it, dont say what you said up there.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Well NFL network said like 18% of teams that have started 0-2 have made the playoffs. So chances are the 9ers get at least a top 20 pick. Of course 80% of statistics are only half true so yeah.
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Its been well documented that they have the hardest schedule in the NFL this season and after looking at it, the only games they should enter as favorites is the two vs divisional rival Tampa Bay, and at home to Miami, Washington and maybe Buffalo. Aside from that it really is hard to pick any games you would honestly really back them. Given that they do have some considerable talent and there are suprising results in the NFL each and every week I am going for a fairly low 6/7 wins, giving the Niners a decent draft pick.

Sun. Sept. 13 PHILADELPHIA L
Sun. Sept. 20 at Atlanta L
Mon. Sept. 28 at Dallas
Sun. Oct. 4 BYE
Sun. Oct. 11 WASHINGTON
Sun. Oct. 18 at Tampa Bay
Sun. Oct. 25 BUFFALO
Sun. Nov. 1 at Arizona
Sun. Nov. 8 at New Orleans
Sun. Nov. 15 ATLANTA
Thu. Nov. 19 MIAMI
Sun. Nov. 29 at N.Y. Jets
Sun. Dec. 6 TAMPA BAY
Sun. Dec. 13 at New England
Sun. Dec. 20 MINNESOTA
Sun. Dec. 27 at N.Y. Giants
Sun. Jan. 3 NEW ORLEANS

After they play Washington they have a brutal schedule. They could lose every one of those games and look at the final 4 games they have glad I am not a Carolina fan could be a long year and you have given up your 1st round pick in a draft year that many pundits say is shaping up to be one of the best ever.
Share 49ersWebzone