There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***AB's Mock Draft Team selection tracker***

Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
The Lions would like it noted that they also picked up Asante Samuel in FA to improve the secondary.

If we are bringing FA up to then Micheal Turner and Lance Briggs were signed by the jets....so that's 2 top tier FA not just one...

Yeah, come on, there's no way we're bringing in free agency - the beginning of the thread says its just for reference sake, and next thing I know a week later everyone's already made claims to the high name players, I don't want to be judged by that!
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
The Lions would like it noted that they also picked up Asante Samuel in FA to improve the secondary.

If we are bringing FA up to then Micheal Turner and Lance Briggs were signed by the jets....so that's 2 top tier FA not just one...

Yeah, come on, there's no way we're bringing in free agency - the beginning of the thread says its just for reference sake, and next thing I know a week later everyone's already made claims to the high name players, I don't want to be judged by that!

That was my point bro.....FA has nothing to do with the draft, the only reason I brought up Pac Man was bc I acquired him via a draft trade and thought that should be included but I don't think FA should be brought in
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
I have no idea how the judging will be done - isn't Maddog the grader on this? I only brought it up because someone else had - I don't care one way or another and it's not worth getting excited about.
[/code]
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
I have no idea how the judging will be done - isn't Maddog the grader on this? I only brought it up because someone else had - I don't care one way or another and it's not worth getting excited about.
[/code]

Exactly....this is all in good fun and nothing to get worked up about.
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
I have no idea how the judging will be done - isn't Maddog the grader on this? I only brought it up because someone else had - I don't care one way or another and it's not worth getting excited about.
[/code]

Idk to tell you the truth, I would assume maddog would grade this as he would be the only knowledgeable non-partial judge....and I don't think anyone is getting excited about FA, I think it may be a sensitive subject bc everyone has liked their draft so for someone to be told they didn't win or have a great draft, it might p**s them off...idc personally if I win or lose bc I did what I thought was best but other people might...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
I have no idea how the judging will be done - isn't Maddog the grader on this? I only brought it up because someone else had - I don't care one way or another and it's not worth getting excited about.
[/code]

Exactly....this is all in good fun and nothing to get worked up about.

Maybe I should've clarified - I was mostly poking fun, I don't really think anybody's going to get worked up about getting "judged"

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,410
With the 26th pick of the 3rd rd. Jax Jaguars select:

Mike McGlynn RG Pittsburgh Height: 6-5 Weight: 315



Hey Ghost, plz add McGlynn under Jags selection trader.

Thanks
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
With the 26th pick of the 3rd rd. Jax Jaguars select:

Mike McGlynn RG Pittsburgh Height: 6-5 Weight: 315



Hey Ghost, plz add McGlynn under Jags selection trader.

Thanks

  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
With the 26th pick of the 3rd rd. Jax Jaguars select:

Mike McGlynn RG Pittsburgh Height: 6-5 Weight: 315



Hey Ghost, plz add McGlynn under Jags selection trader.

Thanks

That was a good pick. Not often a team can pick up a future starting G who can play every OL position as well as Long Snapper.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,410
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
With the 26th pick of the 3rd rd. Jax Jaguars select:

Mike McGlynn RG Pittsburgh Height: 6-5 Weight: 315



Hey Ghost, plz add McGlynn under Jags selection trader.

Thanks

That was a good pick. Not often a team can pick up a future starting G who can play every OL position as well as Long Snapper.

Thanks. Yeah, I think he is very versatile too, and since Jags don't have any depth, I thought they need a guy who can play multiple positions.
This whole thing was for fun. Who ever wins might have bragging rights, but at the end of the day, what impact does it really have?

I do think you should get credit for trades, because you've sacrificed picks. As for the draft, I did make some picks based upon what I grabbed in FA. Does that hurt my draft because I didn't grab a DT in 4 rounds? Maybe...but who cares..I had a blast.

Now that I've done a reasonable amount of research on the players and team needs in this draft, it'll make the actual draft that much more interesting.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This whole thing was for fun. Who ever wins might have bragging rights, but at the end of the day, what impact does it really have?

I do think you should get credit for trades, because you've sacrificed picks. As for the draft, I did make some picks based upon what I grabbed in FA. Does that hurt my draft because I didn't grab a DT in 4 rounds? Maybe...but who cares..I had a blast.

Now that I've done a reasonable amount of research on the players and team needs in this draft, it'll make the actual draft that much more interesting.

Agree 100%
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This whole thing was for fun. Who ever wins might have bragging rights, but at the end of the day, what impact does it really have?

I do think you should get credit for trades, because you've sacrificed picks. As for the draft, I did make some picks based upon what I grabbed in FA. Does that hurt my draft because I didn't grab a DT in 4 rounds? Maybe...but who cares..I had a blast.

Now that I've done a reasonable amount of research on the players and team needs in this draft, it'll make the actual draft that much more interesting.

Agree 100%

Lots of fun....I think if you traded a pick for a player yea that should count.However the FA thing should be OUT,IMO.
I agree about trades (provided picks were involved) but FA shouldn't be counted because it is often hit or miss anyways. One GM might not have a clue what another GM is offering a player


Of course we could just do one more of these after FA but before draft and then see what happens.
Originally posted by joey82:
I agree about trades (provided picks were involved) but FA shouldn't be counted because it is often hit or miss anyways. One GM might not have a clue what another GM is offering a player


Of course we could just do one more of these after FA but before draft and then see what happens.

I agree that FA shouldn't matter. The whole idea behind FA was not to actually sign players but instead to say who you would go after. If we want to do FA properly we would need to have an Arbitrator (Ghost or AB are the first that come to mind) that would say who got what player.

Trades of none FA's and picks should count though.