There are 431 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
Some updates from draft daddy blog:

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

a top 10 pick?!?! i dont think so, but he may break it into the end of the first round.

No matter what happens he won't go higher than Vernon Gholston at #7 to the Pats, which is what he's talking about. His 40 time won't mean that much to the 9ers as long as it isn't slower than what they anticipate. They'll look at the film, talk to his coaches, and bring him in for a workout or interview if they have questions. The biggest deterrent to him moving up is that he didn't play much last year, which leaves a lot of unknowns. Teams will be reluctant to gamble with a 1st rounder - teams want somebody they are sure can produce.

I think he was just messing around with Nolan, he has a sense of humor at least.

making an impression so that nolan remembers him. groves selected by the niners in the 2nd round.

idk..if he was serious i am not sure i like his flat out arrogance
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

a top 10 pick?!?! i dont think so, but he may break it into the end of the first round.

No matter what happens he won't go higher than Vernon Gholston at #7 to the Pats, which is what he's talking about. His 40 time won't mean that much to the 9ers as long as it isn't slower than what they anticipate. They'll look at the film, talk to his coaches, and bring him in for a workout or interview if they have questions. The biggest deterrent to him moving up is that he didn't play much last year, which leaves a lot of unknowns. Teams will be reluctant to gamble with a 1st rounder - teams want somebody they are sure can produce.

I think he was just messing around with Nolan, he has a sense of humor at least.

making an impression so that nolan remembers him. groves selected by the niners in the 2nd round.

that's also true. the last thing we need is a big talking player who is entering the league to officially play a different position only to become our next TBC. hmm, we'll see how he performs this weekend.
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A

link

I've got him going to the 9ers at pick #27(acquired from Chargers), and then Nicks at #29. I think both will be gone by our #39 pick(Jets would take Groves or Nicks at #36). We then trade up into the 2-3rd to get Trevor Laws(late 2nd) or Red Bryant(early 3rd). Then take WR/KR Dexter Jackson(4.32-40) in the 5th.

link

I've got him going to the 9ers at pick #27(acquired from Chargers), and then Nicks at #29. I think both will be gone by our #39 pick(Jets would take Groves or Nicks at #36). We then trade up into the 2-3rd to get Trevor Laws(late 2nd) or Red Bryant(early 3rd). Then take WR/KR Dexter Jackson(4.32-40) in the 5th.

you have us picking up 2 first round picks? how did that happen??

link

that's also true. the last thing we need is a big talking player who is entering the league to officially play a different position only to become our next TBC. hmm, we'll see how he performs this weekend.

hey congrats to your boy Brennan good weigh in
[ Edited by nvchamp9ers on Feb 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM ]

link

hey congrats to your boy Brenna good question

u know i've been in sucha rollercoaster ride with this kid. at first, i was hoping that we select him in the 4th round. then the senior bowl fiasco occured where he was shorter than expected and extremely light. his footwork was bad and clearly needed some work. now that the combine is here, he's gained almost 20 lbs. and now im interested to see how he does throwing the ball. are u keepin ur eye on him?

link

u know i've been in sucha rollercoaster ride with this kid. at first, i was hoping that we select him in the 4th round. then the senior bowl fiasco occured where he was shorter than expected and extremely light. his footwork was bad and clearly needed some work. now that the combine is here, he's gained almost 20 lbs. and now im interested to see how he does throwing the ball. are u keepin ur eye on him?

yup. and while my opinion of him hasnt changed much, i wouldnt mind taking him with a 7th, and i find myself routing for the kid. my evaluation hasnt changed yet but we will see how he does his weekend

link

yup. and while my opinion of him hasnt changed much, i wouldnt mind taking him with a 7th, and i find myself routing for the kid. my evaluation hasnt changed yet but we will see how he does his weekend

whats ur opinion on desean jackson becoming the combine bust of 2008? coming in shorter and lighter than expected. i know most scouts love a quick 40 and with his size, he may run a quick 4.3. also, the fact that he's been training with jerry rice may improve his stock.
UPDATE:

Two WR's the Niners may draft-
Andre Caldwell- 6', 204- Was listed at 6'1", 204
Early Doucet- 6', 210- Was listed at 6', 211

Good size for both receivers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
East Carolina RB Chris Johnson, 5'11", 196

link

whats ur opinion on desean jackson becoming the combine bust of 2008? coming in shorter and lighter than expected. i know most scouts love a quick 40 and with his size, he may run a quick 4.3. also, the fact that he's been training with jerry rice may improve his stock.

i wouldnt call him the bust of the draft yet bc if he runs a 4.25(which contrary to what maddog may say idk) i hear he can break that mark. if he does that his stock will not be hurt too badly. alot of teams will feel they have the lifting program to bulk him up. i have said he was over rated since august but that is JMO and this may be bringing his stock to where i thought it should be too the end of the first round..
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
UPDATE:

yea but the fact that Doucet isnt working out will hurt him...he is just proving to everyone that he is a little fragile and people may question his dedication...or so i hear
UPDATE:

i see doucet falling to the 2nd round. kelley probably will fall to the late first while andre woodson falls to mis-2nd.
UPDATE:

i see doucet falling to the 2nd round. kelley probably will fall to the late first while andre woodson falls to mis-2nd.

alot will depend on how he works out at LSU's proday
UPDATE:

alot will depend on how he works out at LSU's proday

well even though he does perform well, wont his stock drop just because he seems to be injured a lot. i was real excited to see him play in the senior bowl until he got hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone