There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
UPDATE:

Jake Long launched the 225 pound bar a whopping 37 times. This will probably be the best for any player in the draft.

He is stealing the show.

Heath Benedict should get up into the 40s on the bench. Well, I think he will.
So what do you guys think? If DeSean Jackson somehow made it to #29 would you want the Niners to draft him? What criteria do you need for it to be worth it? Since he measured in so small, do you need to see a 4.2 40 yd dash or what?
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
UPDATE:

Jake Long launched the 225 pound bar a whopping 37 times. This will probably be the best for any player in the draft.

He is stealing the show.

Heath Benedict should get up into the 40s on the bench. Well, I think he will.

The King, King Dunlap, only put up the bar 21 times. However, at 6'8", he's got a long way to put it up. The interior guys, with stubbier arms, have a much easier day.

That is what makes Long's 37 reps phenomenal. It is amazing for a 6'7" player.
UPDATE:

Jamal Charles of Texas, 5'11", 200 pounds. This is at least one inch, in some cases, two inches, shorter than listed. However, for RB's, it is not a big deal.

The big story on Sunday will be the race between the five junior RB's, who all stated today that they plan to run:
Charles, McFadden, Stewart, Jones, and Mendenhall

This is going to be a blast to watch. I would not be shocked to see McFadden as the slowest of the bunch.
Originally posted by Jerry:
Some updates from draft daddy blog:

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

a top 10 pick?!?! i dont think so, but he may break it into the end of the first round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hopefully, he pulls a hammy a we get him in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by mayo63:

And Staley make him carry his pads for a month!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by mayo63:

And Staley make him carry his pads for a month!!

After training camp practices with Staley at LT and the rook rushing from the OLB spot.
colt brennan tippin the scale at 208 lbs. good to hear and may help his stock a little bit if he performs well this weekend.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Any word on Bowman's measurements.

draft daddy blog again:

"Look for Byron Leftwich's name to possibly surface in San Francisco. Martz thinks he can reclaim him and Alex Smith's support in the Bay Area is on life support. Carolina wide receiver Kerry Colbert is also very interested in playing the slot for Martz. His agent confirmed that to us."
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SF69ers:

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

a top 10 pick?!?! i dont think so, but he may break it into the end of the first round.

No matter what happens he won't go higher than Vernon Gholston at #7 to the Pats, which is what he's talking about. His 40 time won't mean that much to the 9ers as long as it isn't slower than what they anticipate. They'll look at the film, talk to his coaches, and bring him in for a workout or interview if they have questions. The biggest deterrent to him moving up is that he didn't play much last year, which leaves a lot of unknowns. Teams will be reluctant to gamble with a 1st rounder - teams want somebody they are sure can produce.
Originally posted by Canuck9er:

link

No matter what happens he won't go higher than Vernon Gholston at #7 to the Pats, which is what he's talking about. His 40 time won't mean that much to the 9ers as long as it isn't slower than what they anticipate. They'll look at the film, talk to his coaches, and bring him in for a workout or interview if they have questions. The biggest deterrent to him moving up is that he didn't play much last year, which leaves a lot of unknowns. Teams will be reluctant to gamble with a 1st rounder - teams want somebody they are sure can produce.

I think he was just messing around with Nolan, he has a sense of humor at least.
Originally posted by Canuck9er:

link

I think he was just messing around with Nolan, he has a sense of humor at least.

making an impression so that nolan remembers him. groves selected by the niners in the 2nd round.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home