There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

UPDATE:

Malcolm Kelly measured at 6'3 1/2", 224 pounds. The kid is flat out big.
UPDATE:

Mike Hart- 5'8 7/8", 208. WOW!!!
So, MadDog, are you AT the combine, or are you down in your bunker with multiple means of communication?

It's a boring Friday and I wish I was at the combine to watch instead of sitting here at work waiting for your updates!

Thanks for the updates!
Originally posted by cortana49:
So, MadDog, are you AT the combine, or are you down in your bunker with multiple means of communication?

It's a boring Friday and I wish I was at the combine to watch instead of sitting here at work waiting for your updates!

Thanks for the updates!

Bunker. But, within 120 miles of the combine.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan Stewart, 5'10", 235. Big guy.

Still waiting on numbers for a bunch of key WR's and RB's.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 22, 2008 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Originally posted by Canuck9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Donnie Avery measured in at 5-foot-11, 192....that's pretty solid for a guy who could break 4.30 if he's able to run (bad hammie).

The whole WR board is an entire mess right now, and ripe for the picking. It would not shock me anymore to see a sleeper 2nd rounder jump up, and leapfrog all of the bigger named guys.

Watch out for Andre Caldwell, everyone. He's been training down in Florida with Tom Shaw, and rumors are swirling that he will be closer to 4.30 than 4.40. He's got good height and speed, and is very bright. The Niners have to really look hard at him, in my opinion.

This also opens a crack for Manningham to be the number one wide receiver if he erases doubts about his problems in the past, comes in at a solid weight and height, and runs extremely well. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

And, don't forget about Adarius Bowman, everyone. He's big, strong, and should time pretty well. If he can show better hands at the combine, he could make a run up the boards as well.

James Hardy has been given a gift by the top two guys. We'll see if he performs, and well.

Avery came about the same height as Harry Douglas, and about 20 pounds heavier. Very interesting. There is a chance Avery may not run.

I thought malcolm kelly was projected to be the number 1 WR?

i know he aint running in the combine but still has that hurt him that much do you think?

Since juniors have not been involved in any post-season bowl games, scouts and coaches lean heavier on the combine to measure a player's speed. One of the issues that Kelly has to resolve to solidify a first round grade, is speed. The combine is a neutral-site gauge to see how fast a player is, in straightline speed.

It should hurt him a fair amount. Maybe as much as a half-round.

Caldwell is looking better and better. I liked him after the Senior Bowl and it looks like the combine could push him up from mid second to low first.

Don't we already have an Andre Caldwell on the team in Jason Hill? Similar bodies, similar speed. Take a look at Hill's Combine stats. The big question about Hill is his durability. I'm not sure it would be a good move to use a high draft choice to duplicate last year's 3rd round pick. Imho, it would be wiser for the team to trade for I. Bruce, who knows the Martz system and can help tutor the other players as well as provide another reliable outlet. Just sayin'.

We have nothing at WR and need to build the depth and get starters. Hill has proven nothing and I just don't see how we get away from continuing to upgrade the WR talent. Bruce, no thanks because of age.

I would rather grab a lineman first then a WR with the 2nd.

This is Hill's 2nd year in the NFL and he should begin contributing this year. It's not like he's a bust or anything close to it. I have no objection to adding WRs, but Caldwell is a virtual duplicate of Hill. I'm thinking a bigger redzone possession receiver would be a better pick - someone with enough size that he can't be screened out of the play. And I think Bruce would be a great addition - he knows the Martz system, is a reliable target, and will be cap friendly because he'll only get a two-year contract. That gives us a productive WR who can step into the system without the learning curve every rookie has. He would also give us the luxury of drafting fresh WRs and giving them a year or two to develop. I don't have a problem with drafting WRs as long as we don't use early picks(nothing above a 3rd rounder on a WR). We can gets smurfs like Jackson any year in FA or trade(Shaun McDonald from the Lions?) who are proven commodities without expending high draft picks. A difference in philosophy maybe?

I agree with Hill and I also like some of these smaller faster guys like Avery and Jackson. I just feel like Caldwell is going to be the gem of these WR's and McNolan did say to expect a first day WR in the draft. I guess it is the BPA that I feel Caldwell presents at our first or second pick.
Some updates from draft daddy blog:

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

"Malcolm Kelley has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks."

"But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure."

link

A 4.4? I will be very surprised if he runs that.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

link

If he runs anywhere in the 4.5s that would be incredible....4.4 ain't gonna happen for him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

link

If he runs anywhere in the 4.5s that would be incredible....4.4 ain't gonna happen for him.

Personally watching him on film I have him...let me take a guess, at best like a 4.6, I really don't see him breaking that mark but that is JMO
UPDATE:

Jake Long launched the 225 pound bar a whopping 37 times. This will probably be the best for any player in the draft.

He is stealing the show.
UPDATE:

Jake Long launched the 225 pound bar a whopping 37 times. This will probably be the best for any player in the draft.

He is stealing the show.

I'll eat my crow later but I had him #1 overall in my mock a few weeks ago to the Phins barring no trades and people laughed at me :)
DeSean Jackson measured 5'-9" / 169lbs -

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112744&rwr=1&id=4659
UPDATE:

Carl Nicks, 31 reps at 225. This is a good number.
UPDATE:

where are you getting this info from?
Originally posted by jreff22:
UPDATE:

where are you getting this info from?

KFFL.com, Rotoworld, Rivals, FFLiveWire, ESPN, NFLDraftScout.com, and a few other sources.