Ellis, Chris 4.71
Gatewood, Curtis 4.74
Long, Chris 4.75
Smith, Bryan 4.75
Thompson, Jeremy 4.75
Originally posted by mayo63:
30 bench press for Groves
20 for Sims.

I hope people will now get off the Pat Sims bandwagon. I'm telling you right now, IMO, Ahytbah Rubin in the 3rd is MUCH better value than Sims in the late 1st/early 2nd.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
20 for Sims.

I hope people will now get off the Pat Sims bandwagon. I'm telling you right now, IMO, Ahytbah Rubin in the 3rd is MUCH better value than Sims in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Laws......your thoughts so far?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
20 for Sims.

give me groves for our first pick. his 40 wasnt too bad. i think he'll be a great addition for our pass rush. what did he measure when he came in?

6'3"7/8 or something.
20 for Sims.

i'm not completely off it, but i'm now hoping for groves with our first pick. do you think sims might push himself down to the 3rd?
Campbell is way to awkward in the LB drill he will have to play DE. He isn't fluid in a drop back.
20 for Sims.

give me groves for our first pick. his 40 wasnt too bad. i think he'll be a great addition for our pass rush. what did he measure when he came in?

I bet Groves can fall to our second pick.
20 for Sims.

i'm not completely off it, but i'm now hoping for groves with our first pick. do you think sims might push himself down to the 3rd?

No, I think he's still a solid early 2nd round pick, since he has a ton of potential. For what the NT is asked to do, though, you could easily plug in a stud like Rubin and get similar (maybe even more) production/results.....IMO.
Originally posted by miked1978:
20 for Sims.

I bet Groves can fall to our second pick.

i dont know...with him rising and merling somewhat falling, u still think groves is a sure fire second rounder?? i wouldnt risk it. i say we just pick him with our first pick.
Bruce Davis, 6'2, 252, 4.72 forty and VERY smooth in the linebacker drills. With his raw pass rush abilities, there's no doubt this kid is a legit 3-4 OLB prospect.

20 for Sims.

No, I think he's still a solid early 2nd round pick, since he has a ton of potential. For what the NT is asked to do, though, you could easily plug in a stud like Rubin and get similar (maybe even more) production/results.....IMO.

rubin would be good in the 3rd, but i like Laws' attitude about the 3-4. i liked how he said (with confidence) that he can play any part in that line. as long as he learns the technique, cut the weight or gain it, he'll do it.
Originally posted by jreff22:
20 for Sims.

Laws......your thoughts so far?

Solid 2nd rounder...4-3 teams will be all over him as a 3-technique DT, but he could play in a 3-4 as well.
Just reported Dan Conner has gone home....sick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I think Groves comes off the board right around #29. I wouldn't chance it him making it to #39. Sims is definetly off my list at #29.
Marshall Faulk made a nice observation about Curtis Gatewood as a potential ILB in a 3-4.
Share 49ersWebzone