LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
UPDATE:

Colt is on the hamburger parade.

Back to 207, up 22 pounds from one month ago. He also measured in a bit over 6'2", slightly under Brohm. This is a good start to his possible comeback. He will not run the 40.

he should run the 40, he needs to go all out in the combine. Its make or break for colt
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
UPDATE:

Colt is on the hamburger parade.

Back to 207, up 22 pounds from one month ago. He also measured in a bit over 6'2", slightly under Brohm. This is a good start to his possible comeback. He will not run the 40.

he should run the 40, he needs to go all out in the combine. Its make or break for colt

Not going to. Hip problems. He will throw.
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

DeSean Jackson- 5'9", 169.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most publications had Jackson listed between 5'11" and 6'. This number today is a real big shock.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 22, 2008 at 9:16 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

Most publications had Jackson listed between 5'11" and 6'. This number today is a real big shock.

5'9"?? 169??

its possible he could be at 29 now.

hmmm
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

5'9"?? 169??

hmmm

Absolutely.
Donnie Avery measured in at 5-foot-11, 192....that's pretty solid for a guy who could break 4.30 if he's able to run (bad hammie).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

5'9"?? 169??

hmmm

Absolutely.

Even with a fast 40? That's crazy....
Originally posted by teeohh:
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

5'9"?? 169??

hmmm

Absolutely.

Teams looking for a top WR will be extremely wary of investing a 1st round pick on someone that small.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

5'9"?? 169??

hmmm

Absolutely.

Teams looking for a top WR will be extremely wary of investing a 1st round pick on someone that small.

Anyone know what kinda 40 time james hardy is expected to run?

hmmm im getting pretty interested in how the other WR's do now. If desean jackson is there at 29 i will be ecstatic.

Starting to get interesting.

Donnie Avery measured in at 5-foot-11, 192....that's pretty solid for a guy who could break 4.30 if he's able to run (bad hammie).

The whole WR board is an entire mess right now, and ripe for the picking. It would not shock me anymore to see a sleeper 2nd rounder jump up, and leapfrog all of the bigger named guys.

Watch out for Andre Caldwell, everyone. He's been training down in Florida with Tom Shaw, and rumors are swirling that he will be closer to 4.30 than 4.40. He's got good height and speed, and is very bright. The Niners have to really look hard at him, in my opinion.

This also opens a crack for Manningham to be the number one wide receiver if he erases doubts about his problems in the past, comes in at a solid weight and height, and runs extremely well. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

And, don't forget about Adarius Bowman, everyone. He's big, strong, and should time pretty well. If he can show better hands at the combine, he could make a run up the boards as well.

James Hardy has been given a gift by the top two guys. We'll see if he performs, and well.

Avery came about the same height as Harry Douglas, and about 20 pounds heavier. Very interesting. There is a chance Avery may not run.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM ]
BOMBSHELL ALERT:

5'9"?? 169??

hmmm

Absolutely.

Anyone know what kinda 40 time james hardy is expected to run?

hmmm im getting pretty interested in how the other WR's do now. If desean jackson is there at 29 i will be ecstatic.

4.54-4.6 range
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

The whole WR board is an entire mess right now, and ripe for the picking. It would not shock me anymore to see a sleeper 2nd rounder jump up, and leapfrog all of the bigger named guys.

Watch out for Andre Caldwell, everyone. He's been training down in Florida with Tom Shaw, and rumors are swirling that he will be closer to 4.30 than 4.40. He's got good height and speed, and is very bright. The Niners have to really look hard at him, in my opinion.

This also opens a crack for Manningham to be the number one wide receiver if he erases doubts about his problems in the past, comes in at a solid weight and height, and runs extremely well. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

And, don't forget about Adarius Bowman, everyone. He's big, strong, and should time pretty well. If he can show better hands at the combine, he could make a run up the boards as well.

James Hardy has been given a gift by the top two guys. We'll see if he performs, and well.

Avery came about the same height as Harry Douglas, and about 20 pounds heavier. Very interesting. There is a chance Avery may not run.

I thought malcolm kelly was projected to be the number 1 WR?

i know he aint running in the combine but still has that hurt him that much do you think?
UPDATE:

Matt Ryan will NOT throw at the combine.

I hate chickens, but this is probably a smart move. The Falcons are staring right at him with their number 3, and I'm sure the Ravens are drooling at number 8, so there is not much to gain by throwing at the combine.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
UPDATE:

Matt Ryan will NOT throw at the combine.

I hate chickens, but this is probably a smart move. The Falcons are staring right at him with their number 3, and I'm sure the Ravens are drooling at number 8, so there is not much to gain by throwing at the combine.

Great move by ryan, he is easily the number 1 QB in this draft. No point doing anything to hurt that, by throwing well its not gonna improve much.
Share 49ersWebzone