There are 206 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
My favorite pet project, Adarius Bowman, is continuing his fall off the cliff: 4.69. Horrific.

Meanwhile- Hardy- 4.47 WOW!!!

OMG, 4.69? I guess we can forget about Bowman.
Meanwhile, good news on Hardy. Wow, at 6'7"?

WR very rarely actually use their top end speed unless they are are running a 9 route. Other than that they have a hard time reaching full speed bc of their breaks so while this may kill his stock, I am still not that surprised/affected by it bc he plays faster than that.

He is much faster than that. But, that time is going to kill him. It will drop him at least to the third round.

Which is great bc now we have the oppurtunity to get another big physical WR in the 3rd round....last time we took a big physical WR in the 3rd(not some speedy pubt returner) it worked out pretty well

who was that? TO

I believe so
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Andre Caldwell, welcome to the San Francisco 49ers!

Do you think he is second round material?

He won't make it out of the 2nd round, IMO.

Really? 4.31 is great, but it won't help him jump to round 1. He was originally a 3rd rounder, he will move up 10-15 spots at best.

Yup, I never said 1st rounder....

ahhh! Got it.

But, that early in 2nd? I do not know, don't see it. Yet.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This could work out wonderfully for us if he falls to the 3rd round. Wow.

Really? 4.31 is great, but it won't help him jump to round 1. He was originally a 3rd rounder, he will move up 10-15 spots at best.

I think it will get him somewhere between our first and second, look what Steve Smith did for the Giants.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know about our 1st and 2nd. Maybe our 2nd and 3rd.

Yup, I never said 1st rounder....

ahhh! Got it.

But, that early in 2nd? I do not know, don't see it. Yet.

I think he was a mid-2nd rounder before that 40 time. He was the best receiver (him and Hawkins) at the senior bowl. Sure handed, smooth in and out of his breaks. Now he's proven he also has the speed. I'm pretty sure he's got good football intelligence as well. I'd have no problem taking him at #39. He could be our Torry Holt.

Also, the Niners coaching staff trusted him on the final play of the senior bowl. Good sign.
Originally posted by Jerry:

I think it will get him somewhere between our first and second, look what Steve Smith did for the Giants.

Yea but Smith also had a very good career at USC, which helped validate his selection spot, not just a super fast 40 time.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Here come the RBs!!!!!

Come on FELIX
  • ezekiel39
  • Info N/A
Well, Maddog had him slated at 45 on his big board. After a 4.31 forty, how many spots is that worth? I am no expert, but it seems reasonable that it would move him up between our 1st and 2nd rounder, between 29-39. Maybe picking him at 39 would be the perfect slot for him and us.
I've kinda had one eye on the combine coverage on NFLN. Has the Niners staff been involved in any of the drills? Just curious.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I've kinda had one eye on the combine coverage on NFLN. Has the Niners staff been involved in any of the drills? Just curious.

Not sure to be honest, but i have seen Mike Martz a few times
Sooooooooooooooo, my man Dexter Jackson ripped off a 4.27 and he gets no love on this board?

Can anyone say Martz slot-type WR?

Originally posted by ezekiel39:
Well, Maddog had him slated at 45 on his big board. After a 4.31 forty, how many spots is that worth? I am no expert, but it seems reasonable that it would move him up between our 1st and 2nd rounder, between 29-39. Maybe picking him at 39 would be the perfect slot for him and us.

If, I read correctly, you are speaking of Bubba Caldwell and I think he would be a great pick at our 2nd pick.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Sooooooooooooooo, my man Dexter Jackson ripped off a 4.27 and he gets no love on this board?

Can anyone say Martz slot-type WR?

i saw a few mocks have him in the 4th, he may have moved himself up to a 3rd round pick right there.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jerry:

Yea but Smith also had a very good career at USC, which helped validate his selection spot, not just a super fast 40 time.

Thank you. Steve Smith was the no.1 guy on USC's team. Jarrett missed several games, and Smith stepped up again and again and produced 100 yard games.
Btw, Smith had 8 catches in the regular season, didn't really light it up the league. He did a lot better in Post-season, which matters a lot, but was more to do with opposite teams so focussed on Plax and Toomer.
Share 49ersWebzone