There are 148 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Andre Caldwell, welcome to the San Francisco 49ers!

A 4.31 today!!!!!!!

He has everything but ideal height.

So if Otah, Campbell and Caldwell are sitting there at 29?
[ Edited by Jerry on Feb 24, 2008 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:

Do you think he is second round material?

He won't make it out of the 2nd round, IMO.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

With all the OT's and other WR's like Desean, Malcolm Kelly and James Hardy i dunno about that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My favorite pet project, Adarius Bowman, is continuing his fall off the cliff: 4.69. Horrific.

Meanwhile- Hardy- 4.47 WOW!!!

OMG, 4.69? I guess we can forget about Bowman.
Meanwhile, good news on Hardy. Wow, at 6'7"?
Originally posted by mayo63:
My favorite pet project, Adarius Bowman, is continuing his fall off the cliff: 4.69. Horrific.

I think you guys are reading into his 40 time a little too much! Isn't he hurt right now?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Bowman's healthy. Maybe if he's still nicked up he runs better at his pro day. At least he better run better if he wants to get drafted on the first day.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Really? 4.31 is great, but it won't help him jump to round 1. He was originally a 3rd rounder, he will move up 10-15 spots at best.

WR very rarely actually use their top end speed unless they are are running a 9 route. Other than that they have a hard time reaching full speed bc of their breaks so while this may kill his stock, I am still not that surprised/affected by it bc he plays faster than that.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

WR very rarely actually use their top end speed unless they are are running a 9 route. Other than that they have a hard time reaching full speed bc of their breaks so while this may kill his stock, I am still not that surprised/affected by it bc he plays faster than that.

He is much faster than that. But, that time is going to kill him. It will drop him at least to the third round.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Really? 4.31 is great, but it won't help him jump to round 1. He was originally a 3rd rounder, he will move up 10-15 spots at best.

Yup, I never said 1st rounder....

He is much faster than that. But, that time is going to kill him. It will drop him at least to the third round.

And thats where we take him!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
It will drop him at least to the third round.

Good news then?

Which is great bc now we have the oppurtunity to get another big physical WR in the 3rd round....last time we took a big physical WR in the 3rd(not some speedy pubt returner) it worked out pretty well
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think everyone is making way too much of these numbers. No doubt it hurts his stock, and helps players like Caldwell, but you look at the film, and he doesn't play at his timed speed. This reminds of Mecham from Tenn. last year. He was projected early 2nd before combine, and after he ran 4.35 range, everyone thought he will go between 7-15. He went late 20s. Speed helps, but only few spots, and if you look slower on film, it doesn't help all that much. Look at Hill, after he ran in 4.3, people wanted Niners to draft him in 2nd, and we got him in 3rd.

Which is great bc now we have the oppurtunity to get another big physical WR in the 3rd round....last time we took a big physical WR in the 3rd(not some speedy pubt returner) it worked out pretty well

who was that? TO
Share 49ersWebzone