There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by nbbarone:
My boy Okam interview. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Video Interview

Great kid. Very smart. The problem has always been his lack of a nasty streak on the football field. For guys who are interior lineman, they have to have an edge on the field. I think he lacks this quality, and it shows in his inconsistency.

I hope he proves me wrong. He is a classy guy.

My good friend, who was a four-year starter at an ACC school said that a number of players from his team that went on to the NFL did not love the game. They played it because they were good at it, and it was a sure way of making huge money. I've got a feeling that football is not a gigantic priority in Okam's life. He's got dreams much bigger than the NFL. I could be wrong.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM ]
  • nbbarone
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

NFL | D. Harvey measures in at NFL Combine
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:36:33 -0800

University of Florida DE Derrick Harvey measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 5/8 and a weight of 291 pounds.

The guy posting the numbers for KFFL, or whoever KFFL is getting their info, must be drinking a lot of alcohol today. Trevor Laws is listed at 6'3 3/4", which is not even close. The other listing I have have for Laws today is at 6'1. In most pre-combine publications, Laws is listed at 6'2.

You could be right, but NFL Network also listed Harvey as 291, so if anyone has it wrong, it's probably them (and other outlets are just reporting what they've been given).

I think what has happened is an incorrect listing by the NFL Network. In an interview, he stated he was 271.

Link to Harvey's weight/height
In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

University of Florida DE Derrick Harvey measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 5/8 and a weight of 291 pounds.

The guy posting the numbers for KFFL, or whoever KFFL is getting their info, must be drinking a lot of alcohol today. Trevor Laws is listed at 6'3 3/4", which is not even close. The other listing I have have for Laws today is at 6'1. In most pre-combine publications, Laws is listed at 6'2.

You could be right, but NFL Network also listed Harvey as 291, so if anyone has it wrong, it's probably them (and other outlets are just reporting what they've been given).

I think what has happened is an incorrect listing by the NFL Network. In an interview, he stated he was 271.

dude he said in an interview 271
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:

dude he said in an interview 271

im sure its 271. he wants to do linebacker drills and he cant do it if he weighed in at 291.

I saw the listing an hour or so ago. However, the measurements for Fred Davis are inaccurate. He's not a 6'6 1/2" player. Once again, from the interview with Rivals.com, it seems to imply that he gave his weight at 271, and from the combine interview recorded by NFLScout.com, he says that he intends to run LB drills, which would seem incredibly odd if he was 291 pounds. Another listing outside of Rivals, with a correspondent at the combine, also has Harvey at 271.

I could be wrong on this one. There are multiple sites reporting both 271 and 291. I'm just guessing the number is 271 due to the LB drill questions. We'll just have to let this all settle out over time.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2008 at 2:20 PM ]
  • nbbarone
  • Info N/A

Video Interview

Great kid. Very smart. The problem has always been his lack of a nasty streak on the football field. For guys who are interior lineman, they have to have an edge on the field. I think he lacks this quality, and it shows in his inconsistency.

My good friend, who was a four-year starter at an ACC school said that a number of players from his team that went on to the NFL did not love the game. They played it because they were good at it, and it was a sure way of making huge money. I've got a feeling that football is not a gigantic priority in Okam's life. He's got dreams much bigger than the NFL. I could be wrong.

Its quite possible you're right, but just because a player is "classy" in an interview, doesn't mean he isn't a hard ass in the trenches. I feel that his production proves he is a gamer.

2007: Started all thirteen games at strong-side defensive tackle, helping the team rank sixth in the nation in rush defense (93.38 ypg)…Recorded a career-high 52 tackles (25 solos) with five sacks for minus 50 yards, eleven stops for losses of 62 yards and sixteen quarterback pressures…Recovered a fumble that he advanced 7 yards and caused another while also deflecting five passes…Sat out spring drills while recovering from right knee arthroscopic surgery. 12 GP; 12 GS; 38 TT, 6 TFL, 2 SK, 10 QBH; Started 12 games, honorable mention All-Big 12 in '06. 13 GP; 13 GS; 48 TT, 5 TFL, 1 SK, 2 PBU, 11 QBH; Started all 13 games, second-team All-Big 12 in '05. 12 GP; 1 GS; 22 TT, 6 TFL, 2 SK, 5 PBU, 9 QBH; first-team Freshman-All American in '04.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Mistakes happen all the time. It must be a madhouse at the combine.

Typos are pretty common. I make them all the time, and at my job they are pretty common.

If there is an error, it will be corrected relatively soon.

Video Interview

I'm starting to like Okam more and more.

I saw the listing an hour or so ago. However, the measurements for Fred Davis are inaccurate. He's not a 6'6 1/2" player. Once again, from the interview with Rivals.com, it seems to imply that he gave his weight at 271, and from the combine interview recorded by NFLScout.com, he says that he intends to run LB drills, which would seem incredibly odd if he was 291 pounds. Another listing outside of Rivals, with a correspondent at the combine, also has Harvey at 271.

I could be wrong on this one. There are multiple sites reporting both 271 and 291. I'm just guessing the number is 271 due to the LB drill questions. We'll just have to let this all settle out over time.

co-signed
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Video Interview

I'm starting to like Okam more and more.

Have played in college i will tell you if you don't love the game you wouldn't make it to the NFL, you wouldn't be able to put in the countless hours of training in college and film study etc. I can tell you being in a locker room if you bring up the possibility of the NFL everyone gets giddy, I am not sure what team your buddy played on but his locker room was exactly the opposite of ours.
kellen davis.

they just mentioned he played DE early in the season. would he be one that nolan and mccloughan look at? they said he did okay at DE, and he appears to be athletic enough to play OLB.
  • buck
  • Veteran
A couple more notes about OL:

Heath Benedict stated before the forty that he expected to run a 4.8. Not close- 5.08. OUCH!!!!

Barry Richardson- I've been really hard on the guy all year....but maybe I wasn't hard enough. He is so stiff and slow in workouts. He flat out looked terrible.

And I thought he would lift in the 40s. He did 28. I also thought he would break 5.00 in the 40 yd.

Oh, well.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Have played in college i will tell you if you don't love the game you wouldn't make it to the NFL, you wouldn't be able to put in the countless hours of training in college and film study etc. I can tell you being in a locker room if you bring up the possibility of the NFL everyone gets giddy, I am not sure what team your buddy played on but his locker room was exactly the opposite of ours.
I have to agree 100% with you on this one. If his heart isn't in it, putting in those extra hours that great and elite players put in will be that much harder.

Barry Richardson- I've been really hard on the guy all year....but maybe I wasn't hard enough. He is so stiff and slow in workouts. He flat out looked terrible.

dont let bluehell see this!!!
he'll come back with some warm and fuzzy quote from some obscure article
on how barry really really tries or something like that.
been tryin to tell him all year, but some ppl just INSIST he's the 2nd or 3rd best OT in the draft...
  • buck
  • Veteran

co-signed

Harvey is now listed at 271.

Link
[ Edited by Kolohe on Feb 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM ]