LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 272 users in the forums

NYniner85 pointless mock 2017

Very nice job! 👍
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I like it. The problem I see is that Tennessee is going to take Mike Williams at #5 in my opinion. I just think Garrett, Watson, Mitch, Allen, and Williams are going to be the top 5 players picked in this draft. If not, getting Williams and Switzer to go along with Jimmy G would be awesome.

Good point. I can't see them passing on Williams. They already have the qb and the rb's. Just need a true #1

They have two 1st rd picks and IMO there issue isn't qb or RB but secondary even over WR...this draft has some amazing DBs a ton of mocks have them taking a top end safety like peppers or hooker at 5 and Corey Davis at 18.

Obviously no one knows what will happen in a few months. I am just saying that, in my opinion, Mike Williams elevated himself to the 5th spot. Tennessee has a huge need for a #1 wr and he would give Mariota the weapon they lack. I think they would be crazy not to grab him if he is sitting there for them. Now., if there was an elite DB worthy of the 5th spot I might agree with you but I dont see that person right now.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Obviously no one knows what will happen in a few months. I am just saying that, in my opinion, Mike Williams elevated himself to the 5th spot. Tennessee has a huge need for a #1 wr and he would give Mariota the weapon they lack. I think they would be crazy not to grab him if he is sitting there for them. Now., if there was an elite DB worthy of the 5th spot I might agree with you but I dont see that person right now.

What do you mean not an elite DB? Hooker is the 3rd overall prospect in the draft on cbs big boards right now. They have the worst group of safeties in the league currently.

I'll add that they have zero at CB as well I mean it's bad, they're the 30th ranked pass D and someone like Hooker is getting compared to Ed Reed, your not passing that up when that's your biggest need.

Just about every single mock has them taking hooker or Humphrey...obviously we won't know until the draft but I just going off of what analysts are saying
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM ]
Mocks are fun in therory but unrealistic and rarely make sense. This is good in that at least it's well thought out and legible.

Major problem tho -drafting a wr in the top 10 is a proven losing formula in every way. Winning teams have system WRs that play the right role within an offense. Clear #1's are cancerous.

You dont pass up game changing defensive talent in the top 10 for a wr. look at CJ, cooper, Julio, AJ, ODB, Watkins, dez, Crabtree. All losers. Dez and Crabtree have become more valuable as role players. #1's make QB job harder and D's job easier

Picking top 10 is easy, take a franchise qb or the bpa on D.
Would be very happy with this draft. Would like to spend money on a FA olb in this scenario
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Mocks are fun in therory but unrealistic and rarely make sense. This is good in that at least it's well thought out and legible.

Major problem tho -drafting a wr in the top 10 is a proven losing formula in every way. Winning teams have system WRs that play the right role within an offense. Clear #1's are cancerous.

You dont pass up game changing defensive talent in the top 10 for a wr. look at CJ, cooper, Julio, AJ, ODB, Watkins, dez, Crabtree. All losers. Dez and Crabtree have become more valuable as role players. #1's make QB job harder and D's job easier

Picking top 10 is easy, take a franchise qb or the bpa on D.

All losers? pretty sure their teams aren't losing because they have AJ Green, CJ, Julio, Cooper, OBJ on their teams lol. You're idea that top end WRs don't help teams is silly. This is a passing league and if they require having double coverage it helps EVERYONE on offense from the other WRs TEs and running game.

I'm so sick of hearing BPA that phrase is a myth in the 1st rd. That theory should only apply the later you go down in the draft. FYI I have us taking Jimmy G as our QB so no need to draft QB.

I'll add we haven't drafted a WR early in a long ass time how's that working for us?
The Giants and Falcons would be in a world of s**t without Julio and OBJ
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Would be very happy with this draft. Would like to spend money on a FA olb in this scenario

thanks!

I don't see a ton of talent at OLB in FA the only guys worth looking at that should be available are Nick Perry and Melvin Ingram, both will get grossly overpaid and this draft class is stocked with edge rushers ( I mean it's the best draft since 2011).

I have us drafting two very good prospects in Anderson and Price add in Lynch, Eli, Tank that's more than enough IMHO

right lol...I think that's a very silly theory. I'm sure Winston would be killing it with out Evans?

Think Watson wins last night without the cheat code that is mike Williams
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
Obviously considering my last mock had the Jimmy G trade then trading with the Jets then taking Williams im a huge fan of the scenario, signing Williams and Zeitler would solidify both lines right now, replacing Brock with Bouye is s major upgrade, as for the rest of the draft I'm a big fan of McMillan, Ryan Anderson is just like Hall from A@M where the other rusher gets the shine while he quietly dominates, not too familiar with Mcnichols other then he didn't do much in his bowl game this year, Switzer I took in my no ok too bc he's perfect in the slot in Mcdaniels offense, Webb might be a high rider come workouts but good pick and perfect QB to groom under the new staff, Price could be a steal his motor doesn't stop and you can tell he plays with a chip on his shoulders, obviously I like everything about your mock and agree with a lot..great job..

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Would not hate this at all.

This

right lol...I think that's a very silly theory. I'm sure Winston would be killing it with out Evans?

Well that pick play by leggett was a cheat code. Real talk
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

But every team except the niners know that code.

But every team except the niners know that code.

I was gonna say that lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Obviously considering my last mock had the Jimmy G trade then trading with the Jets then taking Williams im a huge fan of the scenario, signing Williams and Zeitler would solidify both lines right now, replacing Brock with Bouye is s major upgrade, as for the rest of the draft I'm a big fan of McMillan, Ryan Anderson is just like Hall from A@M where the other rusher gets the shine while he quietly dominates, not too familiar with Mcnichols other then he didn't do much in his bowl game this year, Switzer I took in my no ok too bc he's perfect in the slot in Mcdaniels offense, Webb might be a high rider come workouts but good pick and perfect QB to groom under the new staff, Price could be a steal his motor doesn't stop and you can tell he plays with a chip on his shoulders, obviously I like everything about your mock and agree with a lot..great job..

Thanks man!

Here a quick highlight video of mcnichols

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2017 at 3:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone