LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 440 users in the forums

2016 NFL Draft Winners and Losers

Round 1 winners:

Rams Cardinals Dolphins

49ers Good value w/ Buck.

Round 1 Losers:

Eagles. Wentz will disappoint.

Broncos. Lynch will be Kaepernick 3.0 (2.0 is Mariota).

Seattle. They wanted Garett apparently, and they needed OL help so badly they had to reach for a guard at 31.

Browns... because they're the Browns. A wide receiver drafted from Baylor by the Browns. That's about as safe a bust pick as it gets.

Raiders. Karl Joseph. That was a reach & a half,
You could add Eli Apple at 10 my giants buddies were NOT happy lol love it
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I thought that was a reach, but he's a talented prospect.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I thought that was a reach, but he's a talented prospect.

I mean their all talented prospects just thought there were more talented prospects there at 10
Trading up for Garnett takes us out of the winner category in my opinion. I would've been happy if the Seahawks took him at 31 because I would've felt that was a reach. I don't think he's a better prospect than Ifedi.

I'd be much happier had we stayed at 37 and had an opportunity to draft Ogbah, Spence, Jack, Whitehair, Mackenzie Alexander, or Spriggs (at least one of them is guaranteed to be there). Not to mention Garnett may have been there too (but I would have preferred many of these other guys anyways).

Buckner was a great pick at least.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Trading up for Garnett takes us out of the winner category in my opinion. I would've been happy if the Seahawks took him at 31 because I would've felt that was a reach. I don't think he's a better prospect than Ifedi.

I'd be much happier had we stayed at 37 and had an opportunity to draft Ogbah, Spence, Jack, Whitehair, Mackenzie Alexander, or Spriggs (at least one of them is guaranteed to be there). Not to mention Garnett may have been there too (but I would have preferred many of these other guys anyways).

We can always trade our 3rd and a 5th to jump back in to the 2nd round. No biggie.

I think he's MUCH better than Ifedi. I didn't want Ifedi in the 3rd, much less in the first round.

Ogbah & Spriggs are stiff; much happier with a bona fide, upper-echelon starter. Ogbah has potential & great physical ability, but he's a big risk IMO.

Pretty sure Seattle would've taken him if over Ifedi.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 29, 2016 at 5:45 AM ]
I mean their all talented prospects just thought there were more talented prospects there at 10

You're right. There was a ton better talent. Apple had the benefit of a great OSU pass rush in front of him, and he's really raw right now. He has some potential, but I didn't see him realize it very often. This play gave me pause:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 29, 2016 at 5:45 AM ]
You're right. There was a ton better talent. Apple had the benefit of a great OSU pass rush in front of him, and he's really raw right now. He has some potential, but I didn't see him realize it very often. This play gave me pause:

wtf lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Round 1 winners:

Rams Cardinals Dolphins

Round 1 Losers:

Seattle. They wanted Garett apparently, and they needed OL help so badly they had to reach for a guard at 31.

Browns... because they're the Browns. A wide receiver drafted from Baylor by the Browns. That's about as safe a bust pick as it gets.

maybe but I saw more than one mock draft that had Seattle taking Germain Ifedi and Whitehair being the best G in the draft because he is a better pass blocker. Garett's knock was pass protection that's why they had him going in the 2nd round.

Originally posted by SoCold:
Round 1 winners:

Rams Cardinals Dolphins

Round 1 Losers:

maybe but I saw more than one mock draft that had Seattle taking Germain Ifedi and Whitehair being the best G in the draft because he is a better pass blocker. Garett's knock was pass protection that's why they had him going in the 2nd round.

In 2010, Iupati was graded as the best run blocker but needed work in pass protection and he went pretty high in the first...

I like it. Hard working, smart kid who will not give an inch. Go get Hyde the ball and Garnett will clear a path.
I don't think he's a better prospect than Ifedi.

I do. Garnett has continued to improve as a pass blocker, Ifedi was pretty bad last year in that area. Garnett is unquestionably the better run blocker to boot. Ifedi is more of a project while Garnett is about as polished as you'll find in this draft.

What? Dude is a plug in play OG day one and we got him on a 5 yr deal...Ifedi would have been a reach in the 2nd dude is a mess. There's no reason they can't move back up into the 2nd we have tons of draft capital and can use some for next season as well.

yup I don't see top 10 talent but hey better on the Giants than SF
Would love a move up for Dodd at this point
Share 49ersWebzone