LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 428 users in the forums

Forget your WR dream.

Justin Smith and Patrick Willis both retiring means defense rises to the top of the list. Our 1st round pick should be defensive front 7. Maybe our 2nd round pick too. We have a hole at Guard now too with Iupati leaving. Gore is gone and Hyde has not proven he can be an every down back. We need D line, LB, OG, RB to name a few. We could use a CB also. WR is especially NOW a luxury pick early. We don''t need that early. Plus I think we are unlikely to pick it early.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
WR is especially NOW a luxury pick early. We don''t need that early. Plus I think we are unlikely to pick it early.

Way to hammer the point home by repeating yourself.
It's highly unlikely we pick it early now. Plus I think we shouldn't based on our other needs. People need to stop viewing this 1 WR thing as a guy who will single handedlly and magically change the whole team. It's just not true. Plus we have bigger needs and holes right now.
It's highly unlikely we pick it early now. Plus I think we shouldn't based on our other needs. People need to stop viewing this 1 WR thing as a guy who will single handedlly and magically change the whole team. It's just not true. Plus we have bigger needs and holes right now.

You said that already. So, here's a question. What would you do with the #15 pick? Pick or trade back for more choices? If the Niners keep the pick, who would you choose? Would love to hear what you have to say.
I hear the Chargers are gonna be good this year. Maybe you should check them out..
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

You said that already. So, here's a question. What would you do with the #15 pick? Pick or trade back for more choices? If the Niners keep the pick, who would you choose? Would love to hear what you have to say.

Danny Shelton, Trae Waynes, Shayne Ray, Melvin Gordon, Alvin Dupree, Eddie Goldman.

I would be happy with any of those. Some you may have to trade up a few slots for and some would be better to trade down a few slots for and pick up another draft pick. I would say we could deal up to say 11 or down to 20 or stay put at 15.
Now with day from Hell changing some plans I think we need to trade back unless someone that cannot be passed on falls to us at 15. The extra picks could help with the lack of depth that has been talked about along the front 7 and other possitions. Without one glaring need, best player available is the way to go.
Brandon Thomas will be better than Iupati. Book it.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Ok.... lol mlb is not a need if willis retires. Borland, bo, wilhoite, and moody... and dL we have dockett Dorsey dial and tank... we can use depth there.. but everyone is overreacting. Gore is not going to produce this year like hyde would. Ol. Is still the biggest need
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Brandon Thomas will be better than Iupati. Book it.

I hope so. His pass blocking can't be much worse.

Originally posted by fan49:
Ok.... lol mlb is not a need if willis retires. Borland, bo, wilhoite, and moody... and dL we have dockett Dorsey dial and tank... we can use depth there.. but everyone is overreacting. Gore is not going to produce this year like hyde would. Ol. Is still the biggest need

I don't think OL is a first round need now either.
Staley, Thomas, Kilgore/Martin, Boone, Davis with Martin/Kilgore, Farrell, Looney, and maybe J. Martin as backups. We can use depth and if one of the top guys slides to 15 it would be a good pick but I wouldn't expect anyone from this draft to start.

I'd go WR, CB, OLB, or DL in the first.

You would ... seriously?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I did since I heard T. Smith will be joining the team
  • crew
  • Veteran
I can see Baalke taking a WR in 4th/5th Rd - Tre McBride, Stefon Diggs, Dezmin Lewis, etc.

Danny Shelton, Trae Waynes, Shayne Ray, Melvin Gordon, Alvin Dupree, Eddie Goldman.

I would be happy with any of those. Some you may have to trade up a few slots for and some would be better to trade down a few slots for and pick up another draft pick. I would say we could deal up to say 11 or down to 20 or stay put at 15.

Nice list. I don't think Ray will be available outside of the top 10, but the rest should be.
Share 49ersWebzone