LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 260 users in the forums

4/23 UPDATE:::Jeff's THIRD Mock Draft

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice man!

You know how I feel about RB in the fist though lol....give me Parker in the 1st and Landford for Ty and I give you

lol i knew you'd be against the pick, but I stand by my mock selections.

I think Ty has become the forgotten man, and for good reason after his performance last season and the injury bug. I still see him as a bigger Percy Harvin type of weapon.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
only thing I don't like is the first round pick needs to start now! We lost alot, and didn't cover alot in fa. We need a starting corner like now. Gurley is great but again need someone to start now. To get a corner In the 5th is tooooo late. Rest of the draft is good
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
i see what you're saying, but i just see Gurley in a whole other level compared to the other backs in the draft. he's gonna be a special player

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
boooo

lol i was expecting this

Gurly in the first round is just retarded bro you dont draft RBs that high anymore. Things have change, people have changed.

i see what you're saying, but i just see Gurley in a whole other level compared to the other backs in the draft. he's gonna be a special player

You dont have to justify the gurley pick. Theres a very good chance gurley will become the best back in football, a super star player. If hes there at 15, obvious pick because him and williams from usc are the best players in the draft.
[ Edited by xcfan on Mar 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I'm down with this mock Jeff!!
Originally posted by xcfan:
You dont have to justify the gurley pick. Theres a very good chance gurley will become the best back in football, a super star player. If hes there at 15, obvious pick because him and williams from usc are the best players in the draft.

Originally posted by jimrat:
I'm down with this mock Jeff!!

right on, guys. i understand everyone here wanting guys to start right now and make a difference, primarily at the corner position. I would actually like to see how someone like Dontae Johnson can develop. He had a decent rookie season and he might be able to compete with the rest for that #2 corner spot.

Gurley is just too good of a talent. A+ level talent, but everyone would rather wait for a B level back in the 2nd/3rd
Nice man!

You know how I feel about RB in the fist though lol....give me Parker in the 1st and Landford for Ty and I give you

lol i knew you'd be against the pick, but I stand by my mock selections.

I think Ty has become the forgotten man, and for good reason after his performance last season and the injury bug. I still see him as a bigger Percy Harvin type of weapon.

Yeah I'd rather have a 1st round pick be a strait up starter than split carries with another very good RB...but we've already had that conversion
updated mock on page 1!!!

Don't lose the faith! Gurley might be there for ya

But I do like this draft and if the 1st 3 rounds went down this way I would be happy....as we get closer to the draft I have to wonder what we do at RB though. I guessing if we draft a rb in the 1st 4 rounds Hunter will most likely get cut. I like Langford, but how many RBs will we have active? hate to see a rookie get snagged off the PS... I really don't think we need a TE with VD/Vance/Carrier. I'd rather trade up with the 5th/6th to get a better CB.

Solid draft I'm sure you'll get some heat for DGB lol.

But I do like this draft and if the 1st 3 rounds went down this way I would be happy....as we get closer to the draft I have to wonder what we do at RB though. I guessing if we draft a rb in the 1st 4 rounds Hunter will most likely get cut. I like Langford, but how many RBs will we have active? hate to see a rookie get snagged off the PS... I really don't think we need a TE with VD/Vance/Carrier. I'd rather trade up with the 5th/6th to get a better CB.

I'm holding on to the little faith I have left. I've been watching Draft Academy, and each episode has me praying that Gurley gets called at #15 for us.

With Hunter's injury history, I'd have to think that he'd be in competition with any rookie RB we select in this draft. IMO, Langford could fill in for him and can end up becoming a very good 3rd down back, and potentially carry the load should Hyde go down.

A TE, now that I look at it, could end up being a wasted pick, but something about Uzomah had me thinking it would be worth the selection. Moving up to grab a corner could be possible, but I don't like projecting trades in my mocks. Swann is a good selection to come in and compete, especially with guys like Acker and Reaser getting a closer look.

As far as DGB, bring on the heat. It was either him or Peters, and although I prefer Peters more at #15, I think Baalke falls in love with the size and potential of DGB in this offense and learning from Boldin/Smith.

I'm holding on to the little faith I have left. I've been watching Draft Academy, and each episode has me praying that Gurley gets called at #15 for us.

With Hunter's injury history, I'd have to think that he'd be in competition with any rookie RB we select in this draft. IMO, Langford could fill in for him and can end up becoming a very good 3rd down back, and potentially carry the load should Hyde go down.

A TE, now that I look at it, could end up being a wasted pick, but something about Uzomah had me thinking it would be worth the selection. Moving up to grab a corner could be possible, but I don't like projecting trades in my mocks. Swann is a good selection to come in and compete, especially with guys like Acker and Reaser getting a closer look.

As far as DGB, bring on the heat. It was either him or Peters, and although I prefer Peters more at #15, I think Baalke falls in love with the size and potential of DGB in this offense and learning from Boldin/Smith.

Yeah I've been watching draft academy and he is a beast for sure lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Uzomah will be a UDFA. I've always liked the upside of DGB and I wouldn't hate the pick. I don't think we could trade down to get him either.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Very solid. not a single pick that looks poorly valued or undesirable.

I never looked at Chickillo as a potential rush LB... 43DE... 34DE... but now that you mention it, I can see the wisdom in it. The measurables... the 1.59 10-split... very cool.

Agreed, very well done! And we've been tied to all of these players save for a couple. Well done!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed, very well done! And we've been tied to all of these players save for a couple. Well done!

Thanks. It's funny comparing my recent mock to the ones i had over a month ago. lots of back and forth
Suddenly, I'm having second thoughts about DGB, not because of his baggage, but because I love the idea of Marcus Peters in our defense lol
Share 49ersWebzone