There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Need your guys ideas for PigskinProspects.com

Hey Zoner's, as everyone knows I run a NFL Draft website, http://www.pigskinprospects.com and am looking for advice on content for the up coming season.

I was thinking of a scouting report a day or something like that to get content flowing again, since it's been quite a while since the draft.

Anyway, any advice is helpful.

-Jason
I like that idea, I joined this forum for the draft thread and as of late it's been slower than a Seattle fan trying to understand football.

I would be down, I'll also contribute of you need the help.
Judging by your website it seems you have things under control though
Jason--don't think I've mentioned how much I like your site layout now! Very appealing and clean lines, easy to navigate.

As for adding--perhaps listing, if it isn't on there yet, a schedule of big games where many potential draftees may be playing against top talent? This, with a list of the prospects would help focus amatuers like me during the college season.
I have your site bookmarked. It's one of my favorite draft sites.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I like that idea, I joined this forum for the draft thread and as of late it's been slower than a Seattle fan trying to understand football.

I would be down, I'll also contribute of you need the help.
Judging by your website it seems you have things under control though

Quest if you're interested in writing some I can always use the help. PM me if interested.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Jason--don't think I've mentioned how much I like your site layout now! Very appealing and clean lines, easy to navigate.

As for adding--perhaps listing, if it isn't on there yet, a schedule of big games where many potential draftees may be playing against top talent? This, with a list of the prospects would help focus amatuers like me during the college season.

Thanks dtg. A friend created the site for me. I love the layout too.

I plan on the watch list each week as usual, with height weight and 40 times.

I am in the process of putting up the 2015 prospects list with pro's and con's for some of those guys. I haven't gotten to do a ton with personal issues coming up, but will in the next few weeks-months.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I have your site bookmarked. It's one of my favorite draft sites.

Thanks buddy. Trying to make it one of the best out there.
Hey Jason, I really like the layout of the site and the available information. I think the 2015 offensive and defensive rankings are very helpful for people who are not familiar with players from across the nation so keeping that updated would be awesome and having some scouting reports as the season goes on would be great too. I will definitely keep checking back on the site to get me through the long layoff between drafts. Very good info!
Needs to have more of a blog format with entries at least every few days during draft season. Build it in a way to encourage followers, etc. - I'd be happy to write pieces like "Top 5 [position]" or "Underrated/Overrated", etc.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Hey Jason, I really like the layout of the site and the available information. I think the 2015 offensive and defensive rankings are very helpful for people who are not familiar with players from across the nation so keeping that updated would be awesome and having some scouting reports as the season goes on would be great too. I will definitely keep checking back on the site to get me through the long layoff between drafts. Very good info!

Thanks. I will be updating a lot of stuff once the season gets going more so than now. I am focusing on scouting right now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Needs to have more of a blog format with entries at least every few days during draft season. Build it in a way to encourage followers, etc. - I'd be happy to write pieces like "Top 5 [position]" or "Underrated/Overrated", etc.

Yeah that would be great OTC. Whatever you want to write about, send it to me, you should have my email still.

I agree with Blog entries every few days during the draft season, so that is a goal of mine.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Needs to have more of a blog format with entries at least every few days during draft season. Build it in a way to encourage followers, etc. - I'd be happy to write pieces like "Top 5 [position]" or "Underrated/Overrated", etc.

Yeah that would be great OTC. Whatever you want to write about, send it to me, you should have my email still.

I agree with Blog entries every few days during the draft season, so that is a goal of mine.

Yeah, the more people that "follow" the blog, the more likelihood of it getting national attention and working its way towards becoming a majorly named "source" for draft information.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 9, 2014 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Needs to have more of a blog format with entries at least every few days during draft season. Build it in a way to encourage followers, etc. - I'd be happy to write pieces like "Top 5 [position]" or "Underrated/Overrated", etc.

Yeah that would be great OTC. Whatever you want to write about, send it to me, you should have my email still.

I agree with Blog entries every few days during the draft season, so that is a goal of mine.

Yeah, the more people that "follow" the blog, the more likelihood of it getting national attention and working its way towards becoming a majorly named "source" for draft information.

I agree 100% with you. I'm suppose to come up with a schedule, of what we should produce, content wise, and when, for the developer that created the site for us. Do you have any thoughts on a time table type thing? I'm racking my brain.

We have a nice layout, I love that we are able to have player profiles for all prospects that we scout. What's great about wordpress is I can schedule the articles/entries ahead of time, so if we have 5 articles, instead of doing them each at the same time, I can schedule them 1 for Monday, 1 for Tuesday, etc... That way we have some time to get hits on those articles.

We should also have a twitter page, I need to come up with one, pigskinprospects is too long, and pigskinprospect is taken. Any thoughts on a twitter handle?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
We should also have a twitter page, I need to come up with one, pigskinprospects is too long, and pigskinprospect is taken. Any thoughts on a twitter handle?

@NFLdraftpig
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
@NFLdraftpig

Thats good, its catchy