There are 144 users in the forums

OTC's Top 64 Projection Board

NOTE: This is NOT a ranking or a mock, this is merely an educated prediction of the general area I believe some of these players will fall. With teams wheeling and dealing, it's not realistic to try a mock with this many picks, so the idea is to project the player in a "range" where they are most likely to be selected.

I think as many will see, this board will demonstrate how the depth of this draft will push many high quality players into the 3rd and 4th rounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTC's Top 64 Board
Overall Player Position School
1 Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
2 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
3 Greg Robinson OT Auburn
4 Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
5 Khalil Mack DE/OLB Buffalo
6 Anthony Barr DE/OLB UCLA
7 Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
8 Blake Bortles QB Central Florida
9 Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
10 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11 Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
12 Kony Ealy DE Missouri
13 Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
14 HaSean Clinton-Dix S Alabama
15 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
16 Aaron Donald DT Pitt
17 Calvin Pryor S Louisville
18 Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
19 Xavier Su'a-Filo OG UCLA
20 Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
21 Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
22 Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State
23 Odell Beckham, Jr. WR LSU
24 Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn
25 Marqise Lee WR USC
26 Derek Carr QB Fresno State
27 C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama
28 Morgan Moses OT Virginia
29 RaShede Hageman DT Minnesota
30 Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State
31 Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio State
32 Allen Robinson WR Penn State
33 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
34 Jimmie Ward S Northern Illinois
35 Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
36 Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
37 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
38 Jason Verrett CB TCU
39 Jimmy Garropolo QB Eastern Illinois
40 David Yankey OG Stanford
41 Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
42 Tre Mason RB Auburn
43 Stephon Tuitt DT Notre Dame
44 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
45 Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee
46 Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
47 Carl Bradford DE/OLB Arizona State
48 Marcus Martin C USC
49 Jaylen Watkins CB Florida
50 Jack Mewhort OT Ohio State
51 Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State
52 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
53 Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
54 Kelcy Quarles DT South Carolina
55 Trent Murphy DE/OLB Stanford
56 Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi
57 Marcus Roberson CB Florida
58 Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
59 Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona
60 Davante Adams WR Fresno State
61 Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
62 Paul Richardson WR Colorado
63 LaMarcus Joyner CB Florida State
64 Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2014 at 10:40 PM ]
You really think Matthews will go before Moncrief? Bold predictions on Cooks and Manziel considering the hype..not that I disagree.

Ealy at 17? I really think he is the 2nd best DE in the draft...maybe the best depending on Clowney. (not that Ealy will be the first one chosen)

All that, great job!!!
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
You really think Matthews will go before Moncrief? Bold predictions on Cooks and Manziel considering the hype..not that I disagree.

Ealy at 17? I really think he is the 2nd best DE in the draft...maybe the best depending on Clowney. (not that Ealy will be the first one chosen)

All that, great job!!!

This is of course going to change a bit (I've made some adjustments already), but my initial thoughts are to include a few "surprises" to varying degrees. Cooks could very well be moved back into the 1st by next week as I shuffle things around. But yes, I do think a team will be dumb and select Matthews first. I think we both feel Moncrief is the better player, but chances are that not every GM feels the same.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2014 at 10:03 PM ]
According to this board we could trade back and pick up an extra 3rd round pick, get Stephen Tuitt and still pick Donte Moncrief and Stanley Jean-Baptiste in round 2. We would then have three 3rd round picks and two 4th round picks to fill out our draft. That would be sweet.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
According to this board we could trade back and pick up an extra 3rd round pick, get Stephen Tuitt and still pick Donte Moncrief and Stanley Jean-Baptiste in round 2. We would then have three 3rd round picks and two 4th round picks to fill out our draft. That would be sweet.

Great if that worked
hopefully we trade up to #10-15 for M. Evans
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If so, then our chances of landing B. Cooks, Moncrief, Baptiste, and (safety) Buchannon look pretty good...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This is of course going to change a bit (I've made some adjustments already), but my initial thoughts are to include a few "surprises" to varying degrees. Cooks could very well be moved back into the 1st by next week as I shuffle things around. But yes, I do think a team will be dumb and select Matthews first. I think we both feel Moncrief is the better player, but chances are that not every GM feels the same.

Lol. So the Moncrief hype on here got so out of control at this point that GM´s around the league are now DUMB if they choose to select Matthews over Moncrief ?
Let me start by saying that both are completely different players so all that comparison should stop. But when we do this for fun and put all together, game tape, stats, personalities, work ethic, potential, Moncrief is not the better all around player at this point. Moncrief has a lot of potential and could become a very good reciever in the NFL but at the same time he could also become only a little over average reciever. It is tough to project the future of NFL prospects. Even more so with the little amount of resources we as fans have. Personally i think both will be productive at the next level. But that dumb part is a little too much hype i would say. Especially if we take into consideration that they have completely different attributes for a team. This comes from someone who watched Moncrief and Matthews closely the last two years and is a fan of both.
Nice work on the top 64 !
OnTheClock your board, rather than the mock predictions, shows the depth of this draft. The 49ers are in a position to call the shots, they can trade up or position themselves for more picks in next years draft. Baalke and Harbaugh can set the team up for upcoming years with this draft.
Nice job OTC

Carr before Johnny Football seems very possible....
It's really hard to make these lists when the talent is at such a high level for almost 3 rounds. I wouldn't even want to try. Usually, it is a lot more clear who is going to go where....but with this much talent a team switching to go BPA or Need could completely change where that player is taken. And with the margins so small, there's going to be a lot of subjective decision making by a lot of GMs.
If they don't trade up or move out to next year, it seems they will be able to pick one or two guys in the secondary and receiver that will be future starters.
Wow this whole thing (Moncreif hype) is getting old.
We get it, you love moncreif
He was such an amazing player in college that he broke SEC records!...
I mean with all those physical attributes he possesses, it was easy to see why he easily led the SEC in rec yards!...
And he did it with no help from the #2 WR!...
Oh wait...
Some of you guys talk about this under achiever as if he is the next mega tron!
He had a verticle offense, a future #1 college WR at #2, and the attributes to dominate. Yet he regressed!
He runs fast and jumps high, so what! He disappeared when he was pressed.
I will also go out on a limb and say he's not that good with the ball in his hands and come the end of the college season he was more of a #2 then #1.
Teams use screens to get the ball to their playmaker and let him make plays! (See Watkins, Matthews)
Yet, Moncreif wasn't that guy, it was Treadwell
I honestly believe, one of the reasons moncreif left school early is because he was going to play second fiddle to Treadwell.

Does he have potential? Yes, it's obvious. Will he reach that potential? Only if he goes to a team that airs it out, but I don't see him developing as a #1.
I don't think he's physical enough, or strong enough. Huge reason why I don't see Josh Gordon, I see more Robert Meachem. Every once in a while he will flash in the pan, but overall he's nothing special.

And now of course here comes the Matthews bashing because I dared question Moncreifs awesomeness...
45% of his catches where screens (see how many Watkins had)
He's only a possession WR and we have too many of those already (sure did look like it last year right? Crab will be an ufa, Boldin in old and... Oh where did all those possession WR go)
He's too slow (4.46 40 time looks slow)
What else?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Wow this whole thing (Moncreif hype) is getting old.
We get it, you love moncreif
He was such an amazing player in college that he broke SEC records!...
I mean with all those physical attributes he possesses, it was easy to see why he easily led the SEC in rec yards!...
And he did it with no help from the #2 WR!...
Oh wait...
Some of you guys talk about this under achiever as if he is the next mega tron!
He had a verticle offense, a future #1 college WR at #2, and the attributes to dominate. Yet he regressed!
He runs fast and jumps high, so what! He disappeared when he was pressed.
I will also go out on a limb and say he's not that good with the ball in his hands and come the end of the college season he was more of a #2 then #1.
Teams use screens to get the ball to their playmaker and let him make plays! (See Watkins, Matthews)
Yet, Moncreif wasn't that guy, it was Treadwell
I honestly believe, one of the reasons moncreif left school early is because he was going to play second fiddle to Treadwell.

Does he have potential? Yes, it's obvious. Will he reach that potential? Only if he goes to a team that airs it out, but I don't see him developing as a #1.
I don't think he's physical enough, or strong enough. Huge reason why I don't see Josh Gordon, I see more Robert Meachem. Every once in a while he will flash in the pan, but overall he's nothing special.

And now of course here comes the Matthews bashing because I dared question Moncreifs awesomeness...
45% of his catches where screens (see how many Watkins had)
He's only a possession WR and we have too many of those already (sure did look like it last year right? Crab will be an ufa, Boldin in old and... Oh where did all those possession WR go)
He's too slow (4.46 40 time looks slow)
What else?

We get that you prefer Matthews. Honestly, we do. I don't think he is a downfield threat. Show us a clip of him running free on a downfield route after separating from coverage. Show a deep reception where he doesn't push off of a DB that has him blanketed. He's a hard worker, and I'd attribute his 4.46 to diligent work on his stance and start out of the stance as he prepared specifically for the combine. That timed speed doesn't show up as downfield separation in the deep passing game.
Share 49ersWebzone