There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

• DFlo
  • Veteran
Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2014.html

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week
[ Edited by DFlo on May 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM ]
  • DFlo
  • Veteran
What do you guys think of the pick?
Not a fan of a 1st round NT, i doubt Baalke will value a NT highly on his board. Plus not a fan of McCullers, seems slow, doesn't scream elite NT to me. Needs t lose weight to be effective in the NFL, but thats my opinion. I would rather go CB in rd 1, we need to add some impact CBs with Nnamdi, Brown, Cox, and Brock all FAs, and Rogers overpaid. If Rogers agrees to redo his deal, and we add on a few years to give him stability, depended on his play, then I would say WR or another Safety before NT.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not a fan of a 1st round NT, i doubt Baalke will value a NT highly on his board. Plus not a fan of McCullers, seems slow, doesn't scream elite NT to me. Needs t lose weight to be effective in the NFL, but thats my opinion. I would rather go CB in rd 1, we need to add some impact CBs with Nnamdi, Brown, Cox, and Brock all FAs, and Rogers overpaid. If Rogers agrees to redo his deal, and we add on a few years to give him stability, depended on his play, then I would say WR or another Safety before NT.

I posted this in the CB thread...

It's also interesting that the Niners haven't selected a CB high in the draft for a long time...

2013: 7th round - Marcus Cooper
2012: None Selected
2011: 3rd round - Chris Culliver, 7th round - Curtis Holcomb
2010: 7th round - Phillip Adam
2009: None Selected
2008: 3rd round - Reggie Smith (projected to safety)
2007: 5th round - Tarell Brown
2006: 6th round - Marcus Hudson, 7th round - Demetrice Webb

So, I guess our FO strategy isn't to spend high draft capital on CBs.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on May 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I posted this in the CB thread...

It's also interesting that the Niners haven't selected a CB high in the draft for a long time...

2013: 7th round - Marcus Cooper
2012: None Selected
2011: 7th round - Curtis Holcomb
2010: 7th round - Phillip Adam
2009: None Selected
2008: 3rd round - Reggie Smith (projected to safety)
2007: 5th round - Tarell Brown
2006: 6th round - Marcus Hudson, 7th round - Demetrice Webb

So, I guess our FO strategy isn't to spend high draft capital on CBs.

Chris Culliver kind of counts although he was a safety in college. 3rd round isnt that high though. Obviously old regimes in there as well but last ones we took in 1st were Plummer in 2000 and Rumph (s in college though) in 2002. Might be due for one. I think it will be CB or SS in the 1st next year. WR could be a 2nd round need. Either way 2 2nds and 2/3 3rds OR 1 2nd and 3/4 3rds will be awesome. We have a lot of free agents again so might have to do some replacing and depth building again.

If you go back further in 05, Derrick Johnson in 6th, Daven Holly in 7th, In 2006 Marcus Hudson in 6th, Shawntae Spencer in 2nd in 04.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_49ers_draft_history

We have definitely missed on a lot of CB's through the 90's and 2000's. Personally, I don't think we put enough emphasis on drafting CB's high in the dark era. We did really well picking up Walt Harris, brought in Nate who was decent at times (but overpaid) and Dre Bly for a year so we put some emphasis in FA but to me not enough in the draft (especially high). I think we are due for one. Who knows who will be with us next year at CB but only ones under contract are Rogers and Culliver. Rogers could be cut to save money. Could also restructure. Definitely seems like we are overdue and should take one in the 1st.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Not a fan of McCullers in the 1st and IMO I doubt he does go in the 1st round. I don't think NFL teams are gonna take a chance on him in the 1st with how much he weighs and are gonna consider if hes even a 3 down player in the NFL. Also I think 49ers coaching staff prefer a D-lineman that can move and get up field...see Ian Williams and Glenn Dorsey. I would hope the 49ers consider drafting a CB in the 1st round or another WR since Crabtree will be in his last year of his contract and may likely leave (then again Baalke may tag him). Boldin is also on a one-year deal so its 50/50 that he'll be back too.
Kyle Van Noy had 6 sacks at home. He had 13 total sacks in 2012.
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM ]
Barr is an intriguing prospect. He's had great production, despite having to adapt to a handful of different positions and duties. Like that.
A NT? We don't need that. Would love to see us go after a CB or if we HAVE to go DT then a perpetrator. Tuitt from ND is another pick that's being mocked to us, I would not mind that but CB first. Los is 33
[ Edited by ColinKap on Aug 23, 2014 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by ColinKap:
A NT? We don't need that. Would love to see us go after a CB or if we HAVE to go DT then a perpetrator. Tuitt from ND is another pick that's being mocked to us, I would not mind that but CB first. Los is 33

That mock has Tuitt falling to 28 and Zack Martin at 10 (and Cyrus Kouandjio who is a much better prospect than Martin going 32). It also has Levine Toilolo being drafted again which the Falcons would not be happy about.

Basically, it's the worst mock draft I've ever seen and there is no way Tuitt is falling to wherever the 49ers pick when so many teams ahead of us could use 3-4 DE's. Tuitt is a guy we might trade up for depending on how Tank does, but he is long gone by the end of the first in most mocks.
Well I know they got where we are picking right at least.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Rogers is too old to add years on his contract regardless how he plays.
  • DFlo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Kyle Van Noy had 6 sacks at home. He had 13 total sacks in 2012.

Nice catch man, I will update that. His numbers are ridiculous, 22 TFL, 13 sacks, 6FF, 2 blocks. Total playmaker
Whoever gets Bridgewater will become an instant playoff team
way too soon bros