LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Daniel "Mount" McCullers-NT-Tennessee

He's dat dood.

6'6, 375 pound beast. Combines ridiculous strength with surprisingly good agility and quickness for a man his size. Good bending at knees, drops his hips well, obviously he's going to be somewhat oversized as an NT, but as an advantage he does well to knock down passes at the line of scrimmage and simply overwhelms the offensive line at times...saw this guy drive two man blocks right into the quarterback frequently. Plays with a high motor and a mean streak. Any offensive lineman is overmatched going up against this guy 1 on 1.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
Should be playing for a Defensive Coordinator Raheem Morris under a Head Coach Jon Gruden first season. Instead, he will.be staring at a half filled stadium as thousands of fans have left the fanbase thanks by one of the biggest screwjobs in coaching search history; they hired a BS fraud that reeks Dan Hawkins.
[ Edited by robniner on May 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
He is either going top 10 or undrafted. Those measurables is a blessing and a curse, probably needs to lose some weight though.
Look at him next to those coaches. He looks like a mountain. LOL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Look at him next to those coaches. He looks like a mountain. LOL.

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me coach!!!!"

Dam... Calais Campbell 2.0
You're not kidding when you said "Mount"

Speaking of Mount - How did Mount Cody produce last season?

I had this guy in my DL draft thread this year, before he decided to go back to school.
thats a big man!

Phoenix you think he'd make a good 5-tech DE?
That kid looks like a beast and a half. Hopefully he can have a good season.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Phoenix you think he'd make a good 5-tech DE?

I don't know, he's got decent agility and quickness for his size. Maybe if he dropped down to around 340 or so.....kinda funny when you talk about a guy "dropping down to 340."

He'd have to drop weight to play on the outside, I don't think Tennessee has ever tried him out there. In spite of the height, I think he could make for a pretty good NT, he's just got so much body mass and pure, ridiculous power that he's going to be a pain in the ass to block.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't know, he's got decent agility and quickness for his size. Maybe if he dropped down to around 340 or so.....kinda funny when you talk about a guy "dropping down to 340."

He'd have to drop weight to play on the outside, I don't think Tennessee has ever tried him out there. In spite of the height, I think he could make for a pretty good NT, he's just got so much body mass and pure, ridiculous power that he's going to be a pain in the ass to block.

I am a Vols fan and he def moves well for being so massive. He stands out during games and not just because of his size. I agree he can fit at NT.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I dunno... he's a physical freak, that's for sure. He fits that weight on his frame very well, from what I can tell.

I don't like what I saw in that cut-up, though. He plays with terrible leverage and is slow as molasses. He stands straight up after the snap and allows much smaller linemen to get into his chest immediately. More than once I saw him getting driven off the line by single blockers.

That said, it's just one game and we'll see how he looks this season.

I will say that I don't think the 49ers would use a high round pick on this guy to play NT. All evidence points to them wanting one gap penetrating linemen.

You never know, though... things can always change.
Share 49ersWebzone