43. DT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee *
44. CB Jason Verrett, TCU
45. LB Yawin Smallwood, Uconn *
46. DE Deandre Coleman, California
47. CB Quandre Diggs, Texas *
48. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
49. OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
50. LB A.J. Johnson, Tennessee *
In the 2014 NFL Draft, San Francisco 49ers selects - Brandon Coleman, Wide Receiver, Rutgers
  • Amir
  • Veteran
trade all our picks to move up to number 1 and get Clowney.
Originally posted by Rascal:
In the 2014 NFL Draft, San Francisco 49ers selects - Brandon Coleman, Wide Receiver, Rutgers

You missed the beginning...

"With the 32nd pick in this years' draft, the San Fancisco 49ers Select..."
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Ahh nice touch.
Ed Reynold would be a good pickup. I know I always criticize secondary players from Alabama, but it would be a good laugh to draft Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.
We must find a way to get Marqise Lee.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
We must find a way to get Marqise Lee.

This ^

The dude is going to tear the league up when he gets drafted. I think he is 6'0 198 but plays so much bigger.

The name I keep seeing on early 2014 big boards that seems destined for a fall is Marqise Lee.

Okay, I get it, he's a supreme playmaker and plays bigger than his size and plays faster than his timed speed, blah blah blah. It takes a heck of a lot more than that to be taken in the top 5 as a WR.

I don't doubt he's going to be an awesome player in the NFL, but without demonstrating at least one otherworldly trait like Calvin or Julio or AJ, he's going to fall to the mid-late 1st like almost all WRs do. In fact, that may be what allows the 49ers to get their hands on him.
The guy I have my eye on the most is De'Anthony Thomas. Every site I've looked at has him as a borderline 1st/2nd right now, including Kiper. He has almost identical size and raw ability to Tavon Austin. He'll probably run a faster time at the combine than Austin, actually.

The biggest impact on his stock will depend on how Oregon uses him this year. If they use him once again as a gimmicky backfield weapon and kick returner most of the time, he is going to come into the NFL without a true position and may indeed be available in the late 1st. But if they line him up in the slot more this year and he demonstrates route-running and/or elite hands, he should be in for an Austin-like rise to the top 10 or 15.
Deandre Coleman Plz
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The guy I have my eye on the most is De'Anthony Thomas. Every site I've looked at has him as a borderline 1st/2nd right now, including Kiper. He has almost identical size and raw ability to Tavon Austin. He'll probably run a faster time at the combine than Austin, actually.

The biggest impact on his stock will depend on how Oregon uses him this year. If they use him once again as a gimmicky backfield weapon and kick returner most of the time, he is going to come into the NFL without a true position and may indeed be available in the late 1st. But if they line him up in the slot more this year and he demonstrates route-running and/or elite hands, he should be in for an Austin-like rise to the top 10 or 15.

Yep, his highlight reel isnt as long as Tavon's but it's pretty impressive as well. His change of direction and speed is incredible
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

We trade back?
  • buck
  • Veteran
It will be interesting to see what happens between now and next year's draft.

Rankings change and team needs become clearer.
[ Edited by buck on May 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM ]
I LOVE Ekpre-Olomu, but somehow think HarBaalke would not draft a CB under 6'0" in the first round. I love the way he plays though.

I also want one of the numerous tall WRs available. And a safety to replace Whitner, but this draft class doesn't seem to have good safety depth up top. It'd present better value to maybe go after one later in the 2nd round or so.