Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
In my mind Kelce and McDonald are very similar prospects. We paid special attention to Kelce and ignored McDonald completely in pre-draft. Two possibilities right?
1. We liked McDonald all along and were trying to throw people off.
2. We wanted to like Kelce, but the visit didn't go so well, so Harbaalke opted for the similar prospect despite doing less diligence on him.
There have to be more; drafting isn't, we hope, a coin toss.
3. We liked both. The interview with Kelce actually went well. But, in a follow-up with one of Kelce's coaches, the coach admitted that he did have serious doubts about his honesty and self-discipline. We decided that the coach's opinion was critically important.
4. The team did not have any problem with Kelce's character. The interview went well, but at the end of the day the team felt he just did not fit into our scheme as McDonald.
3. The team really liked both players, but McDonald's versatility and work ethic won the day.