There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Happy with the draft?

Happy with the draft?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000164673/Harbaugh-happy-with-San-Francisco-49ers-draft-haul

We know how Jim feels...
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]
Yes
Extremely. We could have let the clock run out on all of our picks after Dial and I'd still be stoked about it.
Very Happy.

Excited about this kid...
Yes, happy... I didn't care much for the picks after Lattimore... but we did very well early on, so that's a success in my view.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
wheres the hell yes option!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
wheres the hell yes option!!!

Fixed
I delighted, but would have bet the farm (okay, our vineyard) that trent would have moved up on 5 guys in the draft and walked away with 5 picks. Whoa, talk about being in left field. Never dreamt he would use all 11 picks. Wish the Qb pick could have been traded for a pick next yr. I don't understand that one at all, not that it matters.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I didn't think we'd really use all our 13 picks.. and the players we drafted seems like they are gonna make the team.. well, maybe aside for the QB, the tackle and the corner..

the question is, are we gonna end up letting go of some young players that we drafted from last year??
im not gonna complain about a 7th round qb lol. the whole draft was amazing. and that big corner we got at the end sounds really promising. the two early DEs are both studs, dial looks to be our future NT with a mean streak, Eric Reid will be a beast in our scheme, the TE looks like the complete package, lattimore and patton were both huge steals. this draft was way more predictable than the last two but i think its because of how few holes this team has. we drafted for need but many times these guys were BPA.
yes im happy, just wish there woulda been a swing tackle prospect.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im not gonna complain about a 7th round qb lol. the whole draft was amazing. and that big corner we got at the end sounds really promising. the two early DEs are both studs, dial looks to be our future NT with a mean streak, Eric Reid will be a beast in our scheme, the TE looks like the complete package, lattimore and patton were both huge steals. this draft was way more predictable than the last two but i think its because of how few holes this team has. we drafted for need but many times these guys were BPA.

The corner is a former WR apparently, I like that a lot, gives him an advantage playing corner IMO
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I delighted, but would have bet the farm (okay, our vineyard) that trent would have moved up on 5 guys in the draft and walked away with 5 picks. Whoa, talk about being in left field. Never dreamt he would use all 11 picks. Wish the Qb pick could have been traded for a pick next yr. I don't understand that one at all, not that it matters.

Yeah, that's also my concern is, while we had a pretty solid draft, could we have used these picks next year assuming there were takers this year and more than one of these picks won't make the roster? Did we potentially draft for other teams?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
yes im happy, just wish there woulda been a swing tackle prospect.

Isn't the kid from Iowa State a tackle?