LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Are the Niners going to use Nick Moody at Safety or Linebacker?

Are the Niners going to use Nick Moody at Safety or Linebacker?

I am thinking the Niners are going to move Moody back to S. In 2010, Moody started at safety, where he registered 79 tackles (four for loss), two pass breakups, and one interception, which he returned for a score. Moody dealt with a lingering groin injury in 2011, which limited him to only nine games and just 23 tackles. In 2012, Moody moved to linebacker, and had 20 tackles and one sack in 14 games.
nick moody is a lil big at 236 but he did clock a 4.7 40. Cyprein is 217 and his 40 was 4.64. Maybe if he drops some weight and focus and getting a lil faster he could be a safety.
hes gon get cut
Spesha Teemz
If he makes the team it'll be as a special teamer and for hybrid formations. he is something along the lines of former 49er Jeff Fuller.
Gunner. Only.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
They will create a new position for him

Inside safebacker

Championship
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
nick moody is a lil big at 236 but he did clock a 4.7 40. Cyprein is 217 and his 40 was 4.64. Maybe if he drops some weight and focus and getting a lil faster he could be a safety.

If I was a betting man, I say they put another 10+ pounds of weight/muscle on him and make him a back-up ILB/key special teamer.
Originally posted by Tman:
They will create a new position for him

Inside safebacker

Championship

LMAO, you never know with Harbaugh
Nick Moody is a Special teams players, highly unlikely he takes snaps as anything else

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

If I was a betting man, I say they put another 10+ pounds of weight/muscle on him and make him a back-up ILB/key special teamer.

Agreed. Wilhoite, Skuta and Moody will be the backup ILB's and key special teamers.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Has anyone from the team said anything that indicates that Moody would not be a linebacker?

EDIT:

Moody seems to think he will be a linebacker.

"I expect to contribute immediately on special teams. That's been the plan. I knew that going into the draft," Moody said Saturday in a conference call with Bay Area reporters.

"The guys I'll be around, I'll be able to learn a lot from. Playing alongside NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis, I feel like it's a great situation for me. Especially because I haven't played linebacker for most of my career. Playing with those guys will really help me elevate my game."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-moody-expects-contribute-immediately

[ Edited by buck on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone